Latest appearance mods :( - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Latest appearance mods :(

Well I've got a couple pics of my latest custom paint job

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1482480833.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	363.1 KB
ID:	69767

Name:	image-2517007130.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	449.8 KB
ID:	69768

As you can see everyone else loves my car as much as I do... NOT

I'm so depressed about this, I can only imagine how primer felt when his car got messed up, this is nothing in comparison.

Anyways, in light of these recent damages I think I'm going to sell my car. I can barely handle it when some scratches the paint, I don't know how I would react if something serious happened. I also am currently trying to buy a house and pay for a wedding and an engagement ring. I'll have about $1000 or more at my disposal every month if I got rid of her.

Thoughts, comments, and hate mail are all welcome

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Re: Latest appearance mods :(

That definitely sucks man! I'm sure you'll get it fixed and make the best decision for your financial situation.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
You gotta do what you gotta do man. Priorities first, plus if she does go there will always be other stangs out there to take your money =}„
Some people need to be throat checked by a sledge hammer
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2012, 07:54 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
that sux man!
i hope you will stick around even if you do sell. but hopefully you can stick it out. good luck bro.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:58 PM   #5
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

yea, I think I was just super depressed about it earlier and after talking to some family and friends, selling it wouldn't be the best idea lol.

I'm just super duper uber bummed about it

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-23-2012, 10:51 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Your gonna sell your car just because of a few scratches?
jjsg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:02 PM   #7
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsg09
Your gonna sell your car just because of a few scratches?
this car is expensive and I could easily use the extra money on bills or my new house, and I also am depressed, literally depressed about "just a few scratches" I have no idea what I will do I something serious actually happens

Then I continue on and post that I will not sell the car

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-23-2012, 11:07 PM   #8
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

I talked to family and friends and realized how much I would regret getting rid of this, I thoroughly enjoy my car

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-23-2012, 11:08 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

Apparently you either didn't understand or didn't read my post, this car is expensive and I could easily use the extra money on bills or my new house, and I also am depressed, literally depressed about "just a few scratches" I have no idea what I will do I something serious actually happens

please read before posting
Wow ok just a simple question don't have to get so defensive. I did read all the posts b4 posting. You still sounded unsure, but anyway don' t get depressed about something that can be fixed. It's a car it's gonna happen.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:11 PM   #10
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsg09

Wow ok just a simple question don't have to get so defensive. I did read all the posts b4 posting. You still sounded unsure, but anyway don' t get depressed about something that can be fixed. It's a car it's gonna happen.
Yea, I'm still upset about it, I tried to edit my post before you saw it, I realized how bad what I said sounded, sorry brother, just had a strange wknd.

Didn't mean to offend so please don't take it personal

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-23-2012, 11:19 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
When I tore up the rear end of my car, I was upset too. I thought about selling then too, but you get upset because you love the car. I understand the predicament your in, I am in a different but similar boat, fix her and enjoy her.
Solomo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:21 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomo2
When I tore up the rear end of my car, I was upset too. I thought about selling then too, but you get upset because you love the car. I understand the predicament your in, I am in a different but similar boat, fix her and enjoy her.
+1
Old 09-24-2012, 12:23 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
It's not hard to fix man. If you have a couple of bucks and a bit of time, sand it down, throw some polyester filler on that, sand it down again, primer and paint believe me, you could be driving worse
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-4067325621.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	489.0 KB
ID:	69887   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1495582867.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	508.5 KB
ID:	69888  

sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:21 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
this car is expensive and I could easily use the extra money on bills or my new house, and I also am depressed, literally depressed about "just a few scratches" I have no idea what I will do I something serious actually happens

I know what you mean man. I was an absolute wreck (no pun intended) inside when I had that incident with the big-rig driveshaft on the highway. Watching my less than 1 year old car that had 8000 miles on it get towed away and not seeing it for the first six weeks of summer really put me in a bad way.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:28 AM   #15
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Well it's good to know that I'm not the only one that's so depressed, thanks for all the words of encouragement, this is what keeps my coming back on here from day to day is all the fine folks on here

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 09:49 AM   #16
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Aww man sorry about that. I do know how you feel. I did have the same feeling after my accident but I came to my senses. I couldn't part with my car so soon. I know that if I did, I would most likely never be able to buy another one.

You gotta change your mindset about your car bro! It's made to be driven and its gonna get beat up now and again. Battle scars, road rash and mileage. These are all achievements! One things for sure, something else will happen again. You just take it one day at a time.

And another thing, after all the crap my car has been through. Click image for larger version

Name:	image-405265088.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	521.2 KB
ID:	69902She sure looks good now!
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:03 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

get mud flaps or expect it to keep happening
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:10 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
Aww man sorry about that. I do know how you feel. I did have the same feeling after my accident but I came to my senses. I couldn't part with my car so soon. I know that if I did, I would most likely never be able to buy another one.

You gotta change your mindset about your car bro! It's made to be driven and its gonna get beat up now and again. Battle scars, road rash and mileage. These are all achievements! One things for sure, something else will happen again. You just take it one day at a time.

And another thing, after all the crap my car has been through. Attachment 69902She sure looks good now!
Best post of the thread.

I've been there with another car. It got a nasty dent in the passenger door that took a while to get fixed. Not my fault, family member not paying attention. Then thing to remember is as much as you love it, it still *is* just a car and can be fixed. As primer said, these little dings are badges of honor from actually using it for what it was created for.

Oh, and buyng and house AND getting married? Congrats, and you, sir, are a masochist (I separated those two event by a few years myself).
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:40 AM   #19
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
get mud flaps or expect it to keep happening
Naw, it happened while I was parked in a parking lot and I was at the gym, it was malicious vandalism, or at the very least careless vandalism.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudermilk

Best post of the thread.

I've been there with another car. It got a nasty dent in the passenger door that took a while to get fixed. Not my fault, family member not paying attention. Then thing to remember is as much as you love it, it still *is* just a car and can be fixed. As primer said, these little dings are badges of honor from actually using it for what it was created for.

Oh, and buyng and house AND getting married? Congrats, and you, sir, are a masochist (I separated those two event by a few years myself).
Lol thanks, well we are buying the house now and the wedding is a little more than a year away so it's not THAT close lol

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

And yea, primer usually knows exactly what to say lol

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Lookin good, Primer!
Dude, Im OCD about my 4-month old GT and, in the span of 1 month, had leaking brake fluid eat the paint in my engine compartment, my sister-in-law put a big chip in my p/s front fender and then some chick dented up the whole effing p/s because she has no idea what maintaing a lane is. None of it my fault, but its my DD so I just expect it. If it gets into a serious accident with it, Ill sell, but unless its a garage queen, just roll with it. Sounds like you are, but I understand. I was depressed for every day of the month I was without my baby. Glad youre getting to keep yours.
PS I just got this thread title...lol
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Primer, your car looks awesome!!!
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #22
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

yea the title was selected with all sarcasm in mind lol

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 03:32 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
So, my apologies for taking so long to find this thread. I would have never caught it if I hadn't have been bored and looked in the current discussion section.

Anyway, on to the topic at hand. I'd have to say I'm not a fan of your latest appearance mod. As a matter if fact, your mod makes me down right angry. And you wouldn't like it when I'm angry! LOL.

It's $h1t like this that makes me a fan of public executions in third world countries. I swear to god if I ever caught someone that did this to my car, he would lose the ability to use his arms for anything ever again. Bottom line, this kind of $h1t makes good people like yourself go crazy.

I try really hard to trust people, it's not easy, by nature I am a selfish bastard. But F'n haters and their hate always be hating. It's sad when a touch of jealousy can motivate someone to be so malicious.

On a lighter note, I wish you well friend. Get her fixed, be the better person. Don't let someone destroy a hobby you so much enjoy. Good luck to you and if you need me, I got your back.

Let me at 'em..
-Dave
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:55 PM   #24
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa
So, my apologies for taking so long to find this thread. I would have never caught it if I hadn't have been bored and looked in the current discussion section.

Anyway, on to the topic at hand. I'd have to say I'm not a fan of your latest appearance mod. As a matter if fact, your mod makes me down right angry. And you wouldn't like it when I'm angry! LOL.

It's $h1t like this that makes me a fan of public executions in third world countries. I swear to god if I ever caught someone that did this to my car, he would lose the ability to use his arms for anything ever again. Bottom line, this kind of $h1t makes good people like yourself go crazy.

I try really hard to trust people, it's not easy, by nature I am a selfish bastard. But F'n haters and their hate always be hating. It's sad when a touch of jealousy can motivate someone to be so malicious.

On a lighter note, I wish you well friend. Get her fixed, be the better person. Don't let someone destroy a hobby you so much enjoy. Good luck to you and if you need me, I got your back.

Let me at 'em..
-Dave
Haha thanks brother, yea I'm gonna keep her, deductible was only half what I thought it would be, it's just upsetting

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:

Haha thanks brother, yea I'm gonna keep her, deductible was only half what I thought it would be, it's just upsetting
Understandable, glad I could make ya laugh a little. What was the quote for the damages?
Keep us updated...
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:10 PM   #26
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone

And another thing, after all the crap my car has been through. She sure looks good now!
You said it Primer!!!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 04:19 PM   #27
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa

Understandable, glad I could make ya laugh a little. What was the quote for the damages?
Keep us updated...
Made an appt with the body shop today and I'm taking her in friday

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #28
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Can't believe I just now saw this thread! Grabber, so sorry to hear about this damage. I to understand where your coming from. Even though it was of much lower value, my 1yr old 90 Ford truck that was my first brand new car, got keyed and broken into before she was 2yrs old. I was so upset that I traded it in on something else. I actually regret do that looking back. I wish you luck in your decision. You have a few more things to think about than when I went through something similar. Of course, you can never go wrong with homeownership.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:25 PM   #29
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Thanks azure, maybe it's so hard to find because I actually posted in the correct area hahaha

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 04:33 PM   #30
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Thanks azure, maybe it's so hard to find because I actually posted in the correct area hahaha
Lol!
Old 09-24-2012, 04:59 PM   #31
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Paint work today, is much different than it was years ago. A friend of mine had a collision, and managed to do some minor frame damage, I was like Frame!! the car is never going to be the same. He showed me the finished result, and you couldn't even tell..
Old 09-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #32
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Yea just wonder how hard it's gonna be for some shop to match GB

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 05:20 PM   #33
Road Trip!

as long as they have the color cose it should be no problem. especially since your car is relativly new there shouldnt be much color fade.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:12 PM   #34
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Yea just wonder how hard it's gonna be for some shop to match GB
I thought that to since its light, but his Mustang, is Grabber Blue and I can't tell it was painted. He did go to the dealer, but I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

I don't think it matters much since there are only a few companies that supply paint.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:24 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I would have put it under general mustang discussion...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing