Wipe New - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #1

Region: Arizona
Thumbs down Wipe New

So , i saw a few posts regarding the product Wipe New. I purchased this product a month ago and heres just a few comments for potential buyers:

1. its advertised as 19.99 but its actually about 35 bucks, you must purchase the detail kit with it (3 little microfibers cloths and a spongey qtip). theres no away around ordering the without it.
2. the product itself is very 'fumey", its has a very strong chemical odor so definitely have good ventilation going.
3. it goes on easily, but some areas may require more than one coat.
with that, it works well with interior trim, but again , because of the fumes you really need to let the vehicle air out a while, obviously dont use it on leather. on exterior, you must allow it to dry a couple of hours. heres the problems i found- it does hold up through washes but if you have used it on black trim and go through a wash and wax the wax literally dries on top and leaves a very visible white chalky haze. blotches and drips in drying can happen as well on trim either by the product or by wash products. even days after applying wipe new, the product or excess can still be washed off and transfer to your glass or autobody when you are handwashing..i had to use alcohol to remove the wipenew haze from my windshield. All and all i give it a C for effort, it seems its just as much effort to care for trim with or without using wipe new.
WillIamR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
WIPE NEW

Hey, thanks for the Heads up on that, I will definately stay away from that stuff.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #3

thanks. just my two cents. in the end it just seemed more work than not using it all. Question, im a newbie and from what I understand you have to set up a photo repository at another website like photobucket in order to create a photo album, is that correct? I guess you point your album here to the repository website?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillIamR View Post
thanks. just my two cents. in the end it just seemed more work than not using it all. Question, im a newbie and from what I understand you have to set up a photo repository at another website like photobucket in order to create a photo album, is that correct? I guess you point your album here to the repository website?
I do not believe that is correct. I have Albums here of mine and my wife's car. I did throw in a Link a few years back to some other cars I've owned, but I do not see that poping up to me when I look threw here. Maybe someone else here can give more detail. But my Albums here come out just fine.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #5

thanks. I figured it out.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:53 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
from seeing the ads on tv that product had to be a bad idea for anyone to use, there are other ways, mostly which include not letting the trim get that bad to start with then you dont have to worry
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #7

Hey Will,
Just wanted to say thanks for sharing. I had a VERY similar experience with Wipe new. I ordered it after reading the positive review at http://faqreviews.com/ it took 3 weeks to arrive and when I saw my credit card bill it said I was charged $35. It took me a whole bottle to cover my car and by the end I barely had enough left to finish.

I have the wipe new haze on my windshild now too so I'll try the alcohol to get it off.

Thanks!
redclement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
everyone asks me why my trim stays looking new, i just use the same thing I use on the paint on it (dwgint.com) and it keeps it new. For some reason 05+ Mustang trim is different, not sure whats up with it. Either its cheaper quality or something but it doesnt seem to stay as nice looking for as long as pre 05 trim.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing