2013 roush grill and heat extractors - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
2013 roush grill and heat extractors

Installed roush grill and painted heat extractors satin black. What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121010_125843.png
Views:	1484
Size:	554.9 KB
ID:	71735   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121010_125906.png
Views:	255
Size:	528.3 KB
ID:	71736  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121010_125926.png
Views:	728
Size:	590.2 KB
ID:	71737  
Heartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 05:23 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Looks good man. You should get the roush lower grille or the gt/cs lower and it will look perfect. Exactly what I'm doing.
Dub9stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub9stang
Looks good man. You should get the roush lower grille or the gt/cs lower and it will look perfect. Exactly what I'm doing.
Thanks. I wanted to order both roush pieces but the lower is not available yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Looks really good! I love the grill
03torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless

Thanks. I wanted to order both roush pieces but the lower is not available yet.
American muscle came out with a billet style lower that has the same style and its under 100$. It's an overlay tho... The upper and lower is under 200$. The upper is a replacement. I think they just came out today.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:46 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub9stang

American muscle came out with a billet style lower that has the same style and its under 100$. It's an overlay tho... The upper and lower is under 200$. The upper is a replacement. I think they just came out today.
Cool. I. Just checked them out. As good of a deal that is for the lower I still want to roush open style lower. Im also debating rather or not I should fabricate new brackets to install the factory led fog lights behind the roush grill.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:18 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Cool. I. Just checked them out. As good of a deal that is for the lower I still want to roush open style lower. Im also debating rather or not I should fabricate new brackets to install the factory led fog lights behind the roush grill.
Where there's a will there's a way
Old 10-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #8
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
The Roush grille looks great! I really like how certain forum members have painted the heat vents black. I feel like the Mustang should have came painted that way from the factory, it looks awesome! Good job overall!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:40 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I know its a different model, but you are right. Painting the louvers black really sets it off.

MELLOWYELLOW06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:44 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
The Roush grille looks great! I really like how certain forum members have painted the heat vents black. I feel like the Mustang should have came painted that way from the factory, it looks awesome! Good job overall!

Shane
Thanks Shane. Can't wait till the roush lower grill and fog lights are available. I just ordered the roush front splitter which should be here thursday. Too bad you guys don't have the 2013 roush parts.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
I know its a different model, but you are right. Painting the louvers black really sets it off.
Are those forgestars on your car?

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Quote:

Thanks Shane. Can't wait till the roush lower grill and fog lights are available. I just ordered the roush front splitter which should be here thursday. Too bad you guys don't have the 2013 roush parts.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Are those forgestars on your car?
Ehhhh in the first picture you posted you had black wheels on
Old 10-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Old 10-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #12
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
No problem! We're planning on getting 2013 Roush and GT500 parts in soon for you guys. Sorry for the hold up!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Here are some in carbon fiber

Old 10-17-2012, 10:32 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Here are some in carbon fiber
Those look sick. I would do it if I waited to get a carbon fiber splitter. I just installed a roush front splitter and it all comes together with the matte black extractors.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:57 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I don't think the louvers are for heat. The radiator is way over kill, i have done serious grille blocks and temp stays fine.

I believe they are to lower drag. Engine compartments work like giant parachutes, and this helps direct air out. Less drag means better use of power and better fuel efficiency.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:04 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Very true but I have to tell you that when Im sitting at a red light, and I look in front of me just beyound the heat extractors, I feel like Im looking on my BBQ grill, grilling some nice burgers :0

I have to believe when these extractors are letting out that big blast of air that rushes in the grill, it draws heat away with it.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:27 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Very true but I have to tell you that when Im sitting at a red light, and I look in front of me just beyound the heat extractors, I feel like Im looking on my BBQ grill, grilling some nice burgers :0

I have to believe when these extractors are letting out that big blast of air that rushes in the grill, it draws heat away with it.
Oh, I am no engineer, I don't know why they did it, and I would bet money you are right about that. I am just adding that with almost my entire front end totally blocked off, at 74 mph for three hours, i don't top 217*F. In stop and go, I stay around 215 at the hottest.

So I bet it works, I just think the first priority was looks, and then aero. I am just guessing it may be a part of the next gen to add fuel efficiency to it. I might have to get those guys on mine. They also shrink the high pressure zone in the engine bay, dropping the front end. A bit more drag from the tires, but lower front end stops air from getting underneath, and decreases under steer.

I originally didn't like them, because of the plastic and from chrysler always using fake ones, but after this little conversation, I want them lol

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 10-17-2012, 11:30 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc

Oh, I am no engineer, I don't know why they did it, and I would bet money you are right about that. I am just adding that with almost my entire front end totally blocked off, at 74 mph for three hours, i don't top 217*F. In stop and go, I stay around 215 at the hottest.

So I bet it works, I just think the first priority was looks, and then aero. I am just guessing it may be a part of the next gen to add fuel efficiency to it. I might have to get those guys on mine. They also shrink the high pressure zone in the engine bay, dropping the front end. A bit more drag from the tires, but lower front end stops air from getting underneath, and decreases under steer.

I originally didn't like them, because of the plastic and from chrysler always using fake ones, but after this little conversation, I want them lol
One of the early press releases for ford claimed the reason was purely front end downforce. Some thing like 10% (ill try to fine the article). But I'm sure the added heat extraction was certainly part of that decision as well.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:47 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy

One of the early press releases for ford claimed the reason was purely front end downforce. Some thing like 10% (ill try to fine the article). But I'm sure the added heat extraction was certainly part of that decision as well.
Aero is becoming huge with companies. The easiest modification, makes better use of power and increase fuel efficiency. Ford and the Auto Union are really working hard on general efficiency and aero. I think 10% is a lot, but I know grille blocks, air dams, splitters, so on have a huge affect. I am installing a new air dam tomorrow, and thinking about increasing the size of my Roush splitter.

I have an upper grille block now, but it is SO ugly. I love the front end, the grille block will not last much longer lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing