Originally Posted by MachMan1017
Would you be able to further explain in detail what you had to do to make this work? Because Since I got the mustang I wanted to do this.. But only if I could get a switch to turn them on an off whenever wanted.( what did you remove? Tools used?)
Would really appreciate it!
Mach man assuming you are wanting a setup like mine do the following.
1. Find you the lights you want, a switch, 18 gauge wire 20 ft should be plenty. Electrical tape. Wire connectors for the switch and some wire butts. Anyone at a auto shop can show you these items if u never heard of them. When you go to install ..
2. Remove the battery.
3. I suggest mounting the lights so you know how much excess wires you will need.
4. Strip the wires
5 twist the two positive wires together and negative wires together. on the lights themselves together.
6 assuming you have a 2 prong switch insert the positive wires into a connector. Crimp it and attach other end to the switch.
7. Take some 18 gauge wire put it in a connector then attach it to the switch. Crimp it
8. Take the two negative wires you twisted. Put it in a connector. Crimp it. On the other end put some 18 gauge wire and crimp.
9. Cut your cigarette lighter wires make sure you give enough length that will be needed. Strip them.
10. Twist the 18 guage wire connected to your switch to the positive wire for the cigarette lighter crimp it then take the other end of your cigarette lighter and attach at other end of the connector. Crimp.
11 repeat step 10 except with your 18 guage wire connected to your negative wires. Attach it to the negative wire on the cigarette lighter.
And boom your done. My total was 1 hr work time and 40 bucks. Just make sure you don't cross wires. After you are done use the electrical tape to cover any exposed wires. Insulate them well with the tape. Just be safe and if you don't trust yourself get them professionally done. When messing with electrical if its done wrong can cause other problems. Like your car catching on fire. And we don't want that to happen. Take your time with it
If I have anymore questions feel free to ask