Interior L.E.D's - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-18-2012, 10:23 PM   #36
Sad Panda
Staff

Region: Texas
In my 05 it's in the passenger side pillar between door and windshield. I had the link to a lighted door sill installation that lit when he opened the door which was what I wanted. Idk how exactly the new edges are set up though
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2012, 05:17 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinc_yellow View Post
Where did you tap into the dome light? Roof, fuse box?
Your dome light wire runs down ur passenger pillar.
jdavis96gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:29 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Haha I guess they built all the mustangs pretty much the same over the years. Thanks for your help.
zinc_yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachMan1017

Would you be able to further explain in detail what you had to do to make this work? Because Since I got the mustang I wanted to do this.. But only if I could get a switch to turn them on an off whenever wanted.( what did you remove? Tools used?)

Would really appreciate it!
Mach man assuming you are wanting a setup like mine do the following.

1. Find you the lights you want, a switch, 18 gauge wire 20 ft should be plenty. Electrical tape. Wire connectors for the switch and some wire butts. Anyone at a auto shop can show you these items if u never heard of them. When you go to install ..

2. Remove the battery.

3. I suggest mounting the lights so you know how much excess wires you will need.

4. Strip the wires

5 twist the two positive wires together and negative wires together. on the lights themselves together.

6 assuming you have a 2 prong switch insert the positive wires into a connector. Crimp it and attach other end to the switch.

7. Take some 18 gauge wire put it in a connector then attach it to the switch. Crimp it

8. Take the two negative wires you twisted. Put it in a connector. Crimp it. On the other end put some 18 gauge wire and crimp.

9. Cut your cigarette lighter wires make sure you give enough length that will be needed. Strip them.

10. Twist the 18 guage wire connected to your switch to the positive wire for the cigarette lighter crimp it then take the other end of your cigarette lighter and attach at other end of the connector. Crimp.

11 repeat step 10 except with your 18 guage wire connected to your negative wires. Attach it to the negative wire on the cigarette lighter.

And boom your done. My total was 1 hr work time and 40 bucks. Just make sure you don't cross wires. After you are done use the electrical tape to cover any exposed wires. Insulate them well with the tape. Just be safe and if you don't trust yourself get them professionally done. When messing with electrical if its done wrong can cause other problems. Like your car catching on fire. And we don't want that to happen. Take your time with it

If I have anymore questions feel free to ask

Travis

Travis
03 GT Convertible
03StangGT03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03StangGT03

Mach man assuming you are wanting a setup like mine do the following.

1. Find you the lights you want, a switch, 18 gauge wire 20 ft should be plenty. Electrical tape. Wire connectors for the switch and some wire butts. Anyone at a auto shop can show you these items if u never heard of them. When you go to install ..

2. Remove the battery.

3. I suggest mounting the lights so you know how much excess wires you will need.

4. Strip the wires

5 twist the two positive wires together and negative wires together. on the lights themselves together.

6 assuming you have a 2 prong switch insert the positive wires into a connector. Crimp it and attach other end to the switch.

7. Take some 18 gauge wire put it in a connector then attach it to the switch. Crimp it

8. Take the two negative wires you twisted. Put it in a connector. Crimp it. On the other end put some 18 gauge wire and crimp.

9. Cut your cigarette lighter wires make sure you give enough length that will be needed. Strip them.

10. Twist the 18 guage wire connected to your switch to the positive wire for the cigarette lighter crimp it then take the other end of your cigarette lighter and attach at other end of the connector. Crimp.

11 repeat step 10 except with your 18 guage wire connected to your negative wires. Attach it to the negative wire on the cigarette lighter.

And boom your done. My total was 1 hr work time and 40 bucks. Just make sure you don't cross wires. After you are done use the electrical tape to cover any exposed wires. Insulate them well with the tape. Just be safe and if you don't trust yourself get them professionally done. When messing with electrical if its done wrong can cause other problems. Like your car catching on fire. And we don't want that to happen. Take your time with it

If I have anymore questions feel free to ask

Travis
Do you have any pics of your wiring?
Old 11-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToHellAndBack View Post
Do you have any pics of your wiring?
Yikes just saw this sorry for such a delay. I can attempt to take some tonight when I get off of work.
03StangGT03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing