Custom Tailpipes - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-20-2012, 10:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Custom Tailpipes

About how much would a muffler shop charge me to fabricate some axleback straight pipes with 3.5in. chrome tips??
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-21-2012, 07:34 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Wmcgrattan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang
About how much would a muffler shop charge me to fabricate some axleback straight pipes with 3.5in. chrome tips??
Well at my shop they would charge around 400-550
Wmcgrattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:39 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmcgrattan

Well at my shop they would charge around 400-550
That's insane lol
Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy them pre-made? Where I'm at you might be looking at $100 plus mufflers.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-21-2012, 07:59 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmcgrattan

Well at my shop they would charge around 400-550
Yeah really I could buy name brand for way cheaper!
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Wmcgrattan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang

Yeah really I could buy name brand for way cheaper!
If ur talking all custom made x pipe an tail pipes that all have to be bent an welded in place an on top of that make custom hinges all from stainless steal .. It won't be cheap if someone tells u it can be done cheaper expect the work an quality to be cheaper ... do u buy cheap *** pipes to say u have duals i mean its ur car if ur going to invest in something like that u want name brand products cause u know what ur getting an it most likely has a warranty if u have someone do custom work an it looks a sounds like **** ur out a couple hundred bucks an a car that sounds horrible
Wmcgrattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmcgrattan

If ur talking all custom made x pipe an tail pipes that all have to be bent an welded in place an on top of that make custom hinges all from stainless steal .. It won't be cheap if someone tells u it can be done cheaper expect the work an quality to be cheaper ... do u buy cheap *** pipes to say u have duals i mean its ur car if ur going to invest in something like that u want name brand products cause u know what ur getting an it most likely has a warranty if u have someone do custom work an it looks a sounds like **** ur out a couple hundred bucks an a car that sounds horrible
I said tail pipes, as in from the axle back, not cat back
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Wmcgrattan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang

I said tail pipes, as in from the axle back, not cat back
Oh lol my b I'd say 100$ at the most
Wmcgrattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmcgrattan

Oh lol my b I'd say 100$ at the most
I'm debating on whether to do that or buy the pypes axle back muffler deletes
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Wmcgrattan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 488
I'd get a estimate first an i haven't heard the muffler deletes on a v6 yet but I'd imagine it wouldn't be bad what do u have now ?
Wmcgrattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:54 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmcgrattan

Oh lol my b I'd say 100$ at the most
I've looked at a couple YouTube vids of it with the pypes m80 mid mufflers and it sounds sick! Right now I've got pypes x-pipe and gt mufflers
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:10 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Wmcgrattan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang

I've looked at a couple YouTube vids of it with the pypes m80 mid mufflers and it sounds sick! Right now I've got pypes x-pipe and gt mufflers
That's the set up I'm looking at ! To me that's the best sounding system out for the v6
Wmcgrattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmcgrattan

That's the set up I'm looking at ! To me that's the best sounding system out for the v6
No doubt! It soo throaty and crisp!
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



08:59 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.