Engine Dress Up - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 18
Engine Dress Up

I am trying to clean up my entire engine compartment, redo all of the hoses, lines, wrapping and dress it up. any recommendations?
jaymjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pierson
Region: Florida
Posts: 510
Do something else, sounds like a pain in the *** lol. I think AM has a bunch of stuff for that.
muscledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:57 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Aggiesrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymjohnson View Post
I am trying to clean up my entire engine compartment, redo all of the hoses, lines, wrapping and dress it up. any recommendations?
Go here: Hose Candy | Build Your Own "Jaw Dropping" Custom Hoses

They have some pretty cool stuff if you're looking for unique dress up stuff.
__________________
chevy runs deep, Don't step in chevy!

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-30-2012, 03:57 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
Engine dress up is for show cars or slow cars
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #5
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pierson
Region: Florida
Posts: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol
Engine dress up is for show cars or slow cars
+V6
muscledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #6
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Why dont you dress it up with a supercharger?
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:45 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Koasho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 39
Or.. If your really wanting to dress it up, drop a coyote in it, money is no object here!
Koasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #8
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pierson
Region: Florida
Posts: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koasho
Or.. If your really wanting to dress it up, drop a coyote in it, money is no object here!
**** that, get a Keith black Hemi nitro engine! Lmao
muscledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:04 AM   #9
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 18
hmmmmm. i should have been more specific, not looking to present a show car like engine compartment. I'm just not trying to have loose tape and a dirty *** engine compartment.
jaymjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:12 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymjohnson
hmmmmm. i should have been more specific, not looking to present a show car like engine compartment. I'm just not trying to have loose tape and a dirty *** engine compartment.
If It's really bad use gunk on it with very lite water to rinse it off. If not to bad just use a spray bottle of water and wipe by hand. No high pressure what so ever. Silicone spray on your rubber and plastic makes it look new. As for the loose tape, get some electrical tape that says 33+ on it, anything else will do the same thing.

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 AM ----------

Stay away from the computer! It's located on the passenger side at the front. Also the spark plug area.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:56 AM   #11
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
If It's really bad use gunk on it with very lite water to rinse it off. If not to bad just use a spray bottle of water and wipe by hand. No high pressure what so ever. Silicone spray on your rubber and plastic makes it look new. As for the loose tape, get some electrical tape that says 33+ on it, anything else will do the same thing.

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 AM ----------

Stay away from the computer! It's located on the passenger side at the front. Also the spark plug area.
Awesome, will definitely give it a try. What company makes "Gunk"?
jaymjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:04 AM   #12
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,858
Moved to Mustang Appearance & Detailing
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:09 AM   #13
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymjohnson View Post

Awesome, will definitely give it a try. What company makes "Gunk"?
They sell Gunk at just about every auto parts store. Checkout their website...

http://www.gunk.com/

Be careful with cleaning your engine with spray cleaners that require you to use water to spray off the cleaner. You don't want to get water somewhere that could create electrical shorts and cause problems. Try searching the forums for "cleaning engine", etc.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:33 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.