Black 5.0 emblem - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Black 5.0 emblem

Hey guys (and girls) how easy is it to remove the 5.0 emblems from the fender of a 13 GT? Are they stuck on or bolted on?
I'm not a fan of chrome, and AM sells a set of black emblems which I think will look great.
Raf63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I put on the black 5.0 emblems on my 13' 5.0. My buddy and I used fishing line. They will come off better if they are warmed up. It was a little of a pain. After we got them off we used goo gone to get the extra crap off then cleaned the area again and put the new black ones on.
3.55 Gears
Borla "s" type catback exhaust
20% tint alll around.
bluemonster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:17 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Ok that sounds not too bad then. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

No problem! They look good on the DIB.
3.55 Gears
Borla "s" type catback exhaust
20% tint alll around.
bluemonster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:27 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Try Plasti-dip and if you don't like it peel it off but if you do then your done. I have used that stuff on my heat extractors and now my rear gt badge along with front pony on the grill with zero issues.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:54 AM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Make sure and frame the oem in painters tape so the new one will be properly centered.
'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel
TommyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyV
Make sure and frame the oem in painters tape so the new one will be properly centered.
That's a GREAT idea, thanks. Was wondering how I'd be able to get the new ones in the same location

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyV

That's a great idea, thanks! I was wondering how I'd get the new emblems lined up the same
Old 11-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Click on my picture. Then go down to threads I started. Scroll down and find my 2012 debadge paint and reapply post. I think it will explain a lot. Comment on it or this one for any additional help. Also. My side that was in the sun came off easier. So heating it up won't hurt.
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:23 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf63

That's a GREAT idea, thanks. Was wondering how I'd be able to get the new ones in the same location

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

That's a great idea, thanks! I was wondering how I'd get the new emblems lined up the same
Yea definitely apply painters tape around it as level as possible as a template... The gloss black AM ones are great!! The finish looks really nice, check my pics in my photo album
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I bought some black 5.0 emblems off ebay for 20 dollars shipped. Take a look its a better deal

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

This best thing to do is use a steamer and on of the plastic bar that u use for tint. Just use the steamer while you slowly get under the stock emblem. It will come off just take ur time.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing