Black out the pony and gas cap - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-26-2012, 11:37 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
redbeast0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_tyler_r

very true. I've seen it happen to other people before and it sucks
Yeah so i want to go through ford for the supercharger cuz if anything goes wrong they will fix it.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-26-2012, 11:40 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
m_tyler_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arlington
Region: Texas
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712

Yeah so i want to go through ford for the supercharger cuz if anything goes wrong they will fix it.
+100 that's my reasoning too! lol
__________________
Betty White

2012 V6
m_tyler_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:43 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
redbeast0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_tyler_r

+100 that's my reasoning too! lol
Right i know it will be a ford charger so it wont put out the power like some the other ones but im not looking to drag race it. I just want a little more power.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-26-2012, 11:45 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
m_tyler_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arlington
Region: Texas
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712

Right i know it will be a ford charger so it wont put out the power like some the other ones but im not looking to drag race it. I just want a little more power.
yeah. most people think it's 305 hp to the wheels but it's nowhere near that. safe to say 250 in most cases. charge that v6 and you'll be talking some serious numbers. especially with forged internals
__________________
Betty White

2012 V6
m_tyler_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:55 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
redbeast0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_tyler_r

yeah. most people think it's 305 hp to the wheels but it's nowhere near that. safe to say 250 in most cases. charge that v6 and you'll be talking some serious numbers. especially with forged internals
Thats for sure i think mine is at like 380 considering that its 420 at the crank i would like to get it at about 500 at the wheels maybe a little more. I like those v6 engines though i would nice to throw a charger on that.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:08 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
m_tyler_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arlington
Region: Texas
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712

Thats for sure i think mine is at like 380 considering that its 420 at the crank i would like to get it at about 500 at the wheels maybe a little more. I like those v6 engines though i would nice to throw a charger on that.
if you charge it, you'll definitely see 500. I'm hoping to get around 500 at the wheels by the time I'm done with everything. forged internals, with it charged and running at a comfortable psi
__________________
Betty White

2012 V6
m_tyler_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:11 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
redbeast0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_tyler_r

if you charge it, you'll definitely see 500. I'm hoping to get around 500 at the wheels by the time I'm done with everything. forged internals, with it charged and running at a comfortable psi
That would be nice for a v6
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_tyler_r

if you charge it, you'll definitely see 500. I'm hoping to get around 500 at the wheels by the time I'm done with everything. forged internals, with it charged and running at a comfortable psi
The only real way to get 500 man is to get a pro charger and 50 shots of notorious no kit in the world can get you 500, the S/C kit will only get you max 430, they say 475 but they count the crank HP numbers and we all know the real numbers aren't near that. My friend has his Pro charged V6 with like every supporting mods money can buy and he's still at 428-430
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:16 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

The only real way to get 500 man is to get a pro charger and 50 shots of notorious no kit in the world can get you 500, the S/C kit will only get you max 430, they say 475 but they count the crank HP numbers and we all know the real numbers aren't near that. My friend has his Pro charged V6 with like every supporting mods money can buy and he's still at 428-430
Thats not true, all you'd need is a smaller pulley for more boost. You definitely wouldn't need a 50 shot with it.
Dgoebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:20 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgoebel

Thats not true, all you'd need is a smaller pulley for more boost. You definitely wouldn't need a 50 shot with it.
He bought a small pully, didn't happen. I'm telling you my friend has money to blow and spent sooooo much money trying to do it all with his procharger and in the end NOS did it
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:40 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
m_tyler_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arlington
Region: Texas
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

The only real way to get 500 man is to get a pro charger and 50 shots of notorious no kit in the world can get you 500, the S/C kit will only get you max 430, they say 475 but they count the crank HP numbers and we all know the real numbers aren't near that. My friend has his Pro charged V6 with like every supporting mods money can buy and he's still at 428-430
damn man. does he have forged internals?
__________________
Betty White

2012 V6
m_tyler_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_tyler_r

damn man. does he have forged internals?
Yup! And new transmission, clutch and all. That guy has money up the ***! Lol
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
m_tyler_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arlington
Region: Texas
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

Yup! And new transmission, clutch and all. That guy has money up the ***! Lol
well I guess I'll be aiming for 430 then!
__________________
Betty White

2012 V6
m_tyler_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
redbeast0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_tyler_r

well I guess I'll be aiming for 430 then!
Thats still really good for a v6 at the wheels
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_tyler_r

well I guess I'll be aiming for 430 then!
He pushes 480-485 with a 50 shot of NOS
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
m_tyler_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arlington
Region: Texas
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

He pushes 480-485 with a 50 shot of NOS
lucky man haha
__________________
Betty White

2012 V6
m_tyler_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:34 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_tyler_r

lucky man haha
That guy has no limit on what he can spend so he does anything to get as close to 500HP possible. He says he might buy a crate engine of a GT500 and trany and ****. He said he would sell me his pro charger cheap but idk I want a turbo setup :/
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

That guy has no limit on what he can spend so he does anything to get as close to 500HP possible. He says he might buy a crate engine of a GT500 and trany and ****. He said he would sell me his pro charger cheap but idk I want a turbo setup :/
You can give him my number lol I'll by it cheap
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
m_tyler_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arlington
Region: Texas
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

That guy has no limit on what he can spend so he does anything to get as close to 500HP possible. He says he might buy a crate engine of a GT500 and trany and ****. He said he would sell me his pro charger cheap but idk I want a turbo setup :/
that's true man... I've heard with a turbo setup you can push 700 to the wheels with forged internals
__________________
Betty White

2012 V6
m_tyler_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_tyler_r

that's true man... I've heard with a turbo setup you can push 700 to the wheels with forged internals
Yea with like 20psi of boost!!

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black

You can give him my number lol I'll by it cheap
Lol if anything ima buy it and resell it
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
m_tyler_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arlington
Region: Texas
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

Yea with like 20psi of boost!!

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------



Lol if anything ima buy it and resell it
DAMN!
__________________
Betty White

2012 V6
m_tyler_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_tyler_r

DAMN!
Dude his dad is a doctor that makes bank!!! His dad drives a Astin Martin vantage
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:47 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

Dude his dad is a doctor that makes bank!!! His dad drives a Astin Martin vantage
Slightly impressed. He has class. Not the typical ****** with a lambo or ferrari or massarati. I've driven them all, but each Astin Martin is hand built for each costumer.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black

Slightly impressed. He has class. Not the typical ****** with a lambo or ferrari or massarati. I've driven them all, but each Astin Martin is hand built for each costumer.
Lol he has a lambo.... Hahahahaha but yes his astin is beautiful!! The sound of it when he pull out is amazing I cum a little everytime I hear it hahaha
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cblowe13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 48
I would say go far the black out panel looks amazing and tried the plasti dipped emblems f'd up bad lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4269513910.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	374.5 KB
ID:	78075
Cblowe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular
 
m_tyler_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arlington
Region: Texas
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

Lol he has a lambo.... Hahahahaha but yes his astin is beautiful!! The sound of it when he pull out is amazing I cum a little everytime I hear it hahaha
my friends dad has a lambo, Porsche, and ferraris. typical rich guy. his son got a camaro ss exactly how he wanted it and didn't like it, so he bought him a 75000 truck and a 50000 jeep
__________________
Betty White

2012 V6
m_tyler_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:00 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
rebeltx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 809
I'm going to get flamed for this, I feel it coming.....


If your really going to dump that kind of cash into your mustang then why not get a 5.0? I'm not saying now but by the time you get to the part of your build that you need internals or charger there will be used 5.0's in your price range. Especially if you can trade in your 3.7 with stock parts. Then your already at 400hp and with the $ you get from selling your old parts plus anything you saved for the charger... Your going to be closer and safer to getting that 500 with room to improve.
__________________
"Turn the mic back on" -Winston Churchill
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:00 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
m_tyler_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arlington
Region: Texas
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cblowe13
I would say go far the black out panel looks amazing and tried the plasti dipped emblems f'd up bad lol
that looks amazing!
__________________
Betty White

2012 V6
m_tyler_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:06 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cblowe13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_tyler_r

that looks amazing!
Thanks man I love it myself gives it a clean look not that big damn faux cap
Cblowe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular
 
m_tyler_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arlington
Region: Texas
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cblowe13

Thanks man I love it myself gives it a clean look not that big damn faux cap
yessir I tried to minimize the attention to the gas cap just a little by painting it
__________________
Betty White

2012 V6
m_tyler_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_tyler_r

my friends dad has a lambo, Porsche, and ferraris. typical rich guy. his son got a camaro ss exactly how he wanted it and didn't like it, so he bought him a 75000 truck and a 50000 jeep
Wow really -___- I want my dad to just blow that kind of cash on my car hahaha
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
m_tyler_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arlington
Region: Texas
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

Wow really -___- I want my dad to just blow that kind of cash on my car hahaha
haha I know right? if I was that kid I would just wait a while and not get a car, then for graduation ask for a Ferrari, pagani, or something. my dream would be a koenigsegg. but that's only a dream haha
__________________
Betty White

2012 V6
m_tyler_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:59 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_tyler_r

haha I know right? if I was that kid I would just wait a while and not get a car, then for graduation ask for a Ferrari, pagani, or something. my dream would be a koenigsegg. but that's only a dream haha
Lol dream car u say? BUGATTI VEYRON SS!!!! 1.4 million dollars!! Hahaha
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

Lol dream car u say? BUGATTI VEYRON SS!!!! 1.4 million dollars!! Hahaha
Pssh 2015 GT500 super snake! Keep it domestic ppl
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:15 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black

Pssh 2015 GT500 super snake! Keep it domestic ppl
Lol but mines faster
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:06 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.