What's the best wax for Black GT? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-02-2012, 07:15 AM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 16
What's the best wax for Black GT?

Looking to take advantage of the nice weather today and wash/wax my car before the bad weather hits.

What's the best stuff to use for a Black 08 GT?
Pavstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-02-2012, 08:44 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstang View Post
Looking to take advantage of the nice weather today and wash/wax my car before the bad weather hits.

What's the best stuff to use for a Black 08 GT?
Gold Class, basic mothers carnauba wax, almost all nice carnauba waxes will give the same shine

But if your more concerned about longevity you can get a synthetic wax, mothers and Meguiars make good ones, tho I feel the shine is better with carnauba but the synthetic polymer stuff last alot longer
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:08 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
I agree with Basohol and I'll add, buy high quality towels ! Use cheap ones and you'll have swirl marks everywhere.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-02-2012, 09:23 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
I agree with Basohol and I'll add, buy high quality towels ! Use cheap ones and you'll have swirl marks everywhere.
Ya that's real important!!! Microfiber towels only!!
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
9tee7pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Radford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 673
Use turtle wax black detailer as your last step, I've found that it does really well.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
Here's what I use and love, I use to use 30 dollars Meguiars platinum and it was too oily and didn't give that warm deep shine like carnauba
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1098217441.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	438.1 KB
ID:	78845   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2500197993.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	478.3 KB
ID:	78846  

__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
lBRAlD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol View Post

Gold Class, basic mothers carnauba wax, almost all nice carnauba waxes will give the same shine

But if your more concerned about longevity you can get a synthetic wax, mothers and Meguiars make good ones, tho I feel the shine is better with carnauba but the synthetic polymer stuff last alot longer
+1

Use carnuba wax 1st and if you have time apply 2nd coat (synthetic) next day or in next couple of weeks for a shine that lasts.
lBRAlD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:43 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silversky545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,627
Zano hands down... Your car will b a mirror of the surrounding environment ... But it's really expensive
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:47 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol
Here's what I use and love, I use to use 30 dollars Meguiars platinum and it was too oily and didn't give that warm deep shine like carnauba
Looks really good! Nice job
blackmustang12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:21 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
LeviG2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 105
Turtlewax black box.
__________________
The driver doesn't pick the car. The car picks the driver.
LeviG2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviG2010 View Post
Turtlewax black box.
Ehh, if you like stained microfibers and hands. It's not really worth it or that good
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
LeviG2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 105
Your mcguires deep crystal gave a really nice shine. Maybe ill have to give that a try
__________________
The driver doesn't pick the car. The car picks the driver.
LeviG2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:39 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviG2010 View Post
Your mcguires deep crystal gave a really nice shine. Maybe ill have to give that a try
It's really easy on and off that's why I like it and I have used every wax! This is my favorite so far and it's like 9 bucks
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:18 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Montana
Posts: 86
JaxWax Liquid Paste Carnauba is a great product and can be used in direct sun if need be. I used it once on my black 300 SRT8 in Vegas sun with no issues. Easy on and off and leaves a brilliant finish.
__________________
"OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL OVERCOME YOUTH AND SKILL"
manicrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rosco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: La Verne
Region: California
Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by manicrodder View Post
JaxWax Liquid Paste Carnauba is a great product and can be used in direct sun if need be. I used it once on my black 300 SRT8 in Vegas sun with no issues. Easy on and off and leaves a brilliant finish.
I love jax wax. I use the cherry wax and its much better than the big three you find anywhere imo. I also like Simply Z Best Wax by zaino as mentioned earlier.
__________________
1998 Bright Atlantic Cobra - 3:73's, BBK ls, Pro 5.0, 96 Cobra STB, Borla XR-1 Catback, Custom Catch Can, Spec clutch, MM Firewall adj, FRPP wires, RSD, Spoiler delete, 245/275 BF Goodrich g sports on chrome 95 cobra r's
1998 V6 Mustang : SOLD!
Rosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
I'll check that out, I saw it on sale in my jegs catalog
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco

I love jax wax. I use the cherry wax and its much better than the big three you find anywhere imo. I also like Simply Z Best Wax by zaino as mentioned earlier.
I belive zaino what I'll be buying. I don't have swirl marks yet, and I don't want them. Is there a better choice out there as far as rags, I'm using micro fiber towels rite now.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:45 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
nhcowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

I belive zaino what I'll be buying. I don't have swirl marks yet, and I don't want them. Is there a better choice out there as far as rags, I'm using micro fiber towels rite now.
Use Microfiber. Don't actually wipe though. Lay on and pat. Also, throw it away if it at all touches the ground. They pick up everything including dust/rocks. .
__________________

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:49 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.