Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Quarter window louver

9K views 108 replies 23 participants last post by  Atrav83 
#1 ·
Got this 11 v6 and want to know suggestions about the window louvers if anyone has pics I want to see prefer the 3 blind look any suggestions? Advice?

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Sedan

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice looking stang. You can check my pix for my louvers. I have the roush style and love em. As for the blind spot mine are completely covered so no sight at all through them. Its not a huge issue tho since our mirrors have those mini ones to help cover blind spots anyway

#3 ·
Got this 11 v6 and want to know suggestions about the window louvers if anyone has pics I want to see prefer the 3 blind look any suggestions? Advice?

View attachment 81372
Here are mine... i like em from AM but if i had to choose id go with the retro looking ones with like 5 blinds i believe.. its all personal preference

Attachments

#12 ·
Can't remember where I saw it, but someone makes a flush fit type rear quarter windo louver. The drawback to it is that you have to remove your quarter glass to install this setup, as it has the glass and louver as once piece. The pros: better visability, and still get the louver effect/looks.

Expensive though.

#37 ·
SHR ones are still by far the cleanest and nicest looking. Close runner ups are any of them with sharp angles and no rounded edges, like the MMD one's AM sells with the 3 louver cuts. Anything rounded doesn't match the +10 body.

#38 ·
The louvers from SHR are definitely the best looking, but I'm not willing to remove the quarter glass on a brand new car to install them. The DG Custom's are my next favorite so I'll probably get those.

#41 ·
They are a molded clear plastic louvers... No holes. Painted such that the louver part exposes the clear (tinted) plastic.

#42 ·
Folks that are interested in these should really go to the link and read.

"Do the SHR louvers have glass or something on the back side to replace the window? Or is it just open? That would suck in the rain"

At $175.00 a pop, no one would buy "open" louvers that allow rain water in!

PT barnum once said, a sucker is born every day...no suckers on this forum.

#44 ·
Got mine from AM unpainted then went to ford and had em painted to match. It does take away the view when backing up and turning so I may run over a Honda one day, but who cares about Hondas these days.
I love those.they look great.

---------- Post added at 04:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 AM ----------

Folks that are interested in these should really go to the link and read.

"Do the SHR louvers have glass or something on the back side to replace the window? Or is it just open? That would suck in the rain"

At $175.00 a pop, no one would buy "open" louvers that allow rain water in!

PT barnum once said, a sucker is born every day...no suckers on this forum.
I'm scared to get the ones where you have to take your windows out.

#45 ·
bucko said:
Silver Horse! That's the one! I like the flush mount they have; clean look, and good visibilty. You don't completely loose the windows for seeing out. But the original glass has to come out to install these. Most shy away because of it.
Memory is the second thing to go with age. I forgot what the first was...
The little blue pill took care of the first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.