Should I make them repaint? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #1
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Should I make them repaint?

Many of you know the story, as to why I had paint work done, but I keep noticing things.. Am I just too anal or should I make them redo it?

A lot of people think I'm ridiculously picky, so I'll let y'all decide...
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Post pics but I say make them fix anything you find. Do it ASAP
Old 12-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
If you have any doubts about their work make them re-do it!

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #4
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
Post pics but I say make them fix anything you find. Do it ASAP
Ok I'll post some pics. I gotta clean it up a bit.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:55 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I have a friend that bought a car from chevy and he had it a month and notice gap in one of the fenders (nothing major) and he didnt like it so he took the car in and the service guy told him that he didnt buy and Audi or BMW so its not always gonna be perfect. So he then made a complaint and got it fixed. So who care if your picky if your not satisfied then push to get it the way you want it.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:25 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712 View Post
I have a friend that bought a car from chevy and he had it a month and notice gap in one of the fenders (nothing major) and he didnt like it so he took the car in and the service guy told him that he didnt buy and Audi or BMW so its not always gonna be perfect. So he then made a complaint and got it fixed. So who care if your picky if your not satisfied then push to get it the way you want it.
Why I won't buy a Chevy
TaylorF25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:45 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
I found trash in the paint on my car grrrrr! It really bothers me so I get it! Ask them to fix it!
Old 12-31-2012, 08:20 PM   #8
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
I would take it back and at least point out the flaws. Did it come with any type of warranty?
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:43 AM   #9
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
I would take it back and at least point out the flaws. Did it come with any type of warranty?
Yes lifetime on paint! Per State Farms regulations. Yeah I'll be calling them Wednesday!

---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

It's hard to see during the day, but I think it was called lazy tech! wouldn't show up in photos.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:49 AM   #10
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

I would starry the conversation by saying. "Does someone do a spot check on the techs paint work before it leaves the shop"? If they say yes then say, "Well can you track who that person was because they let my car leave here with paint flaws". Trap them into that question otherwise they will just say oh we didn't do that or we checked it before it left and it was fine.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:40 AM   #11
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

I took mine back after the repair. At first he was like, oh yeah, we just gotta wet sand it a little more and buff it out. Two days later I get it back and it still looks the same minus a few runs. When I brought it up again he got all defensive and said it was already like that. They claimed to have repainted my entire door (at least that's what they charged my insurance) and every area that they painted I've found several imperfections and dirt partials. His excuse was that I got money back on the repair cost. Example: I bought a cf hood so the money my insurance included to repair and paint my old hood went towards the new one. Body shops are crooks I've dealt with 5 and 2 of them were dealerships. They were all worthless in the end.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:23 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
This is why I want to paint everything myself. I hate shifty bastards who do **** work.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #13
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
I would starry the conversation by saying. "Does someone do a spot check on the techs paint work before it leaves the shop"? If they say yes then say, "Well can you track who that person was because they let my car leave here with paint flaws". Trap them into that question otherwise they will just say oh we didn't do that or we checked it before it left and it was fine.
That's exactly what I'll do and I'll do it in person. That way they can't hide behind the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
I took mine back after the repair. At first he was like, oh yeah, we just gotta wet sand it a little more and buff it out. Two days later I get it back and it still looks the same minus a few runs. When I brought it up again he got all defensive and said it was already like that. They claimed to have repainted my entire door (at least that's what they charged my insurance) and every area that they painted I've found several imperfections and dirt partials. His excuse was that I got money back on the repair cost. Example: I bought a cf hood so the money my insurance included to repair and paint my old hood went towards the new one. Body shops are crooks I've dealt with 5 and 2 of them were dealerships. They were all worthless in the end.
Yeah that's what I'm worried they're going to say. I think my rebuttal will be that's your fault, if took an extra $ 180 to get it right then you should've kept the money!

Then yesterday, I noticed they forgot a retainer clip on the cabin air filter housing and the splash shield under the fender well is missing a retainer. Ugh!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
This is why I want to paint everything myself. I hate shifty bastards who do **** work.
I wish I knew how.. I guess they're under pressure to get done and make a profit so quality sacrifices a bit.

My brother was saying that they got some lazy techs at their dealership. They had an X5 that needed some body work, and from what he said you didn't want to be working in the body shop that day.

After the tech made it right the manger said, one more f*up like this, you're gone!
Old 01-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
paint job

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
Many of you know the story, as to why I had paint work done, but I keep noticing things.. Am I just too anal or should I make them redo it?

A lot of people think I'm ridiculously picky, so I'll let y'all decide...
It's your hard earned cash, never settle for less. I'm going through the same problem. MY car, make it right!!!
pamson is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing