What is the Visual difference between a Mustang GT and a Shelby GT500. 2005-2009? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-03-2010, 02:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

What is the Visual difference between a Mustang GT and a Shelby GT500. 2005-2009?

im pretty much confused..

ive tried to see a side by side view but ive found nothing i have searched on ebay and they are selling a full front end but why? isnt it that the hood and bumper cover a difference? My guess is the front bumper on a gt is shaped differently from gt500? theres something about the gt500 styling thats pushing me to clone a gt instead of buying a 04 cobra.. its erking the hell out of me i just need to know what parts i will need.. THANKS!
ferrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2010, 03:05 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

What is the Visual difference between a Mustang GT and a Shelby GT500. 2005-2009?

Ditto to the above answer. The engine is also different. 5.4L instead of 4.6L if i remember correctly. Yes the good and bumpers are different. It doesn't have the fog lights like the gt's do. Clones are cool until you have to tell people its a clone. I would go for the 04 cobra. The 04's imo were a great looking year and are still hard to find. Theres tons of mustang parts out there for both years. But either way you win...its a mustang baby!!
gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:57 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

1. Hood is different
2. Headlamps are different
3. Fog lamps are different
4. Front bumper is different
5. Front bumper brackets are different
6. Fog lamp wiring harness is different
7. Headlamp wiring harness is different
8. Rocker moldings are different
9. Rear bumper cover is different
10. Rear bumper brackets are different
11. Rims are different
12. Seats are different
13. Shifter is different
14. Guages are different

That is everything I can think of off the top of my head.
baldrik is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing