What is the best way to use touch-up paint on a 1/2 inch scratch? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-27-2010, 04:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

What is the best way to use touch-up paint on a 1/2 inch scratch?

I found a scratch on my black car near the antenna, the night I drove home from the Ford Dealer with my new Mustang GT. It is about 3/4 of an inch long and is deep enough to appear grayish white and be felt with your finger nail. The rain has not made it rust so I guess the scratch is down to the primer. Ford Dealers in my area are incompetent, and untrustworthy. I am afraid they will make it worse if I bring it back to them. I live in the South Florida area and hope someone knows of a talented scratch service business that can help me out down here. The Mustang GT is a great car, you just have to be careful to get one that has been put together right. Mine was the 8th one I test drove before I felt it was defect free. If the scratch is the worst thing that I find after a week of driving, I'll call it being lucky. After spending 32k out the door for this 07 GT/CS, the dealer hasn't even called me to how I'm doing. The Honda Dealer always called and touch base with me after the sale.
coty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2010, 04:35 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

What is the best way to use touch-up paint on a 1/2 inch scratch?

This is a really hard thing to fix by youself,I have been in to detailing and light body work for many years and fixing scratches on your own is a real pain. Quick fix, clean the scratch (wax remover) and apply touch up paint,it will never truely match and you always notice the discolor in the paint,your best bet is to check at a local body shop where they can clean,sand,reprimer,paint and clearcoat the scratch and some of the surrounding area,and you'll never have known it was ever there
Dinari is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing