Hail damage on a 2006 mustang? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-15-2011, 02:15 PM   #1

Hail damage on a 2006 mustang?

Ok so my 2006 mustang has some hail damage. Was at a friends house and had no place to move it to. Moved it to a car wash but was to late. Anyways seems to be 8-10 dents on the hood and 5-8 on the hood, and then 2-3 on the sides total. Can someone give me a estimate on the repair costs. The dents arent very deep, hail size was mainly pea size with few golf ball.
Fardoragh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2011, 03:03 PM   #2

There are several pages on using dry ice to remove hail damage, even youTube..
I'd try this first,
You can find dry ice in many places these days, even your local grocery store. It's cheap too, around $2 or less for a pound (you can buy it in bulk online for even cheaper). All you do is touch the dry ice to the dent for a few seconds and repeat the process until the dent is gone. Wear dry ice gloves though.
Remove Car Dents Quickly and Cheaply | Wise Bread
http://www.wisebread.com/remove-car-...ly-and-cheaply
Cars and TransportationApr 20, 2007 Remove a dent with a lighter, aluminum foil and an air duster ..... I used dry ice on my hail damage when it was 108 F outside, with no luck. ...

Dry Ice Uses | How to use Dry Ice
http://www.dryiceinfo.com/other.htm
Jul 18, 2011 The Web's leading source of Information about Dry Ice. ... DENTS & HAIL DAMAGE Dry Ice will condense ... REMOVE FLOOR TILE Dry Ice will ...

Paintless Dent Repair for Hail Damage - Atlanta Dent Repair ...

Mar 11, 2010 - 4 min - Uploaded by DentsDings
I have hail damage on? my 240sx and dont want to add body fille to all the little dents and dings,What basic ... Dry ice to remove ...
More videos for ice to pull hail damage
Chul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:16 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Take it to a paintless dent repair (PDR) vendor. You can find them locally in the yellow pages under "Dend Wizard", "Dent Doctor" etc...

It will be a few hundred dollars per panel. the hood will cost comparatively more on that car because it's aluminum (which is harder to fix).

If you are in an area where there was a large hailstorm then many of the local dealers will have PDR guys on site fixing insured vehicles. (You can claim it to if you have comprehensive coverage). Many will also quote jobs on the side. Before using somebody who's a storm-chaser from out-of-town ask them to let you see them working on a car they have in the shop. That way you can see the quality of what they can do. If they say no then look for somebody else.

If any of the dents were large enough to crack the paint finish then they generally won't fix them PDR and you'll have to get a quote for regular bodywork and paint.
Grady is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2011, 03:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I suggest you file a claim with your insurance company as it may not be that bad as to what YOU can see a trained pro will see a lot more. I went thought the same thing and I only counted about 20 dents. Guees what they found and showed me 80 !

Your probably looking at over 1K to have it fixed, and it should fall under your comprehensive deductible which should only be 100 bucks. So you pay 100 and they pick up the cost of the rest of the repair. Filing the claim does not effect your car insurance rates. Its not a collision it falls under comprehensive.
wulffrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:01 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

You can have the paintless dent removal done at a cost of about $300 per body panel. You may be able to bargain away those few on the sides, talk to the tech who's going to do the job. By the way they do a great job and its far less expensive than full fledged body work.
imported_archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:32 PM   #6
wu
Registered Member
Regular

you should call those mobile dent removers. they do a great job.
wu is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Tags
2006 mustang