Mustang Evolution Forum banner

cleaning under the hood

2K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  mustang17 
#1 ·
just wondering what you guys use to keep clean under the hood

#2 ·
Prolly not safe. I've done it once but mean green sprayed on set for a minute and hosed it down. I'd wait for someone to chime in cuz someone had problems after washing his

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Another is just towels and wipe her down

#3 ·
yea i definitely wanna stay away from hosing it down i was just wondering if there was some spray i could use then wipe with towel like you said

#6 ·
cool thanks..after spraying it just wipe it down with a towel?

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

I have done mine. Take plastic bags an cover all of the electrical components an belts. Spay it with mean green, put the water hose on mist an go over it. Then I take a plastic cleaner an wipe down all hard plastic parts an use spray detailer on the metal. I then start the engine to help it dry.
ok thanks man

#5 ·
I have done mine. Take plastic bags an cover all of the electrical components an belts. Spay it with mean green, put the water hose on mist an go over it. Then I take a plastic cleaner an wipe down all hard plastic parts an use spray detailer on the metal. I then start the engine to help it dry.

#14 ·
that's why i like the f21...keeps the dust away longer

this is how my engine bay looked the other day after 2 weeks of daily driving after i wiped everything down by hand with f21 and a microfiber
wow looks good im gonna pick it up tomorrow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.