Umm... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:05 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Umm...

How do you fix this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-573561004.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	415.1 KB
ID:	87256  
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sanguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 1,623
You can't really. It's the leather stretching due to poor foam in the seat and cheap leather.

You can make it look better by taking it to an upholstery shop and have them put better foam in the seats, but where it's stretched I don't think you can do a lot. Heck... my cloth seats are already slightly puckered in that area. Crappy seat foam/support.
__________________
'13 'Stang V6 - MT82 - GHIG Ordered: 5/31 Pickup: 7/3
35% Tint, Homemade Intake (1, 2), GT500 Heat Extractor/Splash Guards, Custom Gas Cap
Barton Shifter Bracket, GHIG Shift Knob


'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
rebeltx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 809
a seamer would shrink fabric down..... not sure if it would work on leather, would do some research before trying if your interested.

or, you could sit on a phone book hahahaha
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
moto113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: California
Posts: 149
Don't get leather seats...I personally hate them 😉
moto113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:22 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto113 View Post
Don't get leather seats...I personally hate them dde09
+1. I only wanted sync and the leather wheel. But I had to dr leather
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
moto113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: California
Posts: 149
Yea I hate how they do that. I wouldn't mind the extra stuff. Just can't so leather!
moto113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
You can't really. It's the leather stretching due to poor foam in the seat and cheap leather.

You can make it look better by taking it to an upholstery shop and have them put better foam in the seats, but where it's stretched I don't think you can do a lot. Heck... my cloth seats are already slightly puckered in that area. Crappy seat foam/support.
Ok goo to know its not just my leather doing it. It's a new mustang thing. Some jeans I wear I have to sit on an undershirt just so I don't poke a hole in the seats. With cloth I beaver had to. Oh and no air freshener. I got to use Febreze on the seats
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
wheelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

Ok goo to know its not just my leather doing it. It's a new mustang thing. Some jeans I wear I have to sit on an undershirt just so I don't poke a hole in the seats. With cloth I beaver had to. Oh and no air freshener. I got to use Febreze on the seats
Beavers, lol

My seat does the same, its just more noticeable in your seat color. Could probably tighten it up with a hair dryer. I would use a good leather cleaner too, not Fabreeze! :fear:
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman View Post

Beavers, lol

My seat does the same, its just more noticeable in your seat color. Could probably tighten it up with a hair dryer. I would use a good leather cleaner too, not Fabreeze! :fear:
Oh no I'm talking about cloth I used fabreeze. I used the cheap armorall stuff(gift set from x mas) Would a hair dyer really tighten it up just a little?

Beaver....iPhone thinks it is smarter.
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
wheelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

Oh no I'm talking about cloth I used fabreeze. I used the cheap armorall stuff(gift set from x mas) Would a hair dyer really tighten it up just a little?

Beaver....iPhone thinks it is smarter.
Oh that makes more sense, lol. Heat will shrink leather some but cant say for sure if hair dryer will work as I havent tried it yet. But when I recovered my old seats, a couple days in the heat firmed up any wrinkling. Maybe dampen the leather a tad first.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:08 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
Isnt that part of the seat vinyl and the boulsters leather?
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post
Isnt that part of the seat vinyl and the boulsters leather?
It's all leather I believe. Vinyl is more rubber like and this is more of a supple feel. Correct me if wrong though. Just feels that way
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:08 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.