Let's talk window tint. :D - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
It's also on how you clean it. If you clean nice tint regardless the percentage with a cleaner that has ammonia or alcohol in it it will fade the color away pretty quick. I always use Meguiars window cleaner. Works well, streak free and smells great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 12:16 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Where u at Jake I'm in Mo, really the cops aren't into revenue where u are huh! Here they gotta pay fer all their new Charger junk but really if u haven't been hassled count yer blessings it's cost me money I coulda spent on my snake hope u don't end up eatin those words. I think the law is just a revenue generator anyways.
Mystic96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:02 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinBlueLine View Post

Here it is looking out on that same overcast sky. It's barely noticeable but drastically better glare protection.
Is it dim at night?

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

No issue at night with the 50%. Day time is awesome when the sun is glaring in. I don't have any issues with night time vision with the 50%.
Yeah I was thinking of doing either 50 or 35% on the shield
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 03:43 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP View Post

Is it dim at night?

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

I honestly can't remember a difference. If you sat me in an untinted car and then jumped in mine you could probably tell. But I don't have any issues with night driving. If anything it helps because I don't have the glare of headlights blinding me. It takes the edge off so to speak...
MGW SHORT SHIFTER
CDC CHIN SPOILER W/ BLACK BILLET GRILLS
BLACK JLT OIL SEPARATOR
ThinBlueLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:42 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

Is it dim at night?

Just a friendly suggestion I would not go 35 % on front windshield. I'm confident your night vision will be greatly impacted especially in rainy weather at night. With the side windows tinted at 20% and the front windshield 50% actually looks dark and its perfect in my opinion.
now I would recommend a 15% visor strip going down to around the AS1 line.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:17 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic96 View Post
Where u at Jake I'm in Mo, really the cops aren't into revenue where u are huh! Here they gotta pay fer all their new Charger junk but really if u haven't been hassled count yer blessings it's cost me money I coulda spent on my snake hope u don't end up eatin those words. I think the law is just a revenue generator anyways.
Im in Oklahoma, I have had this tint on my car since ive had it so almost two years now. Many of my friends have 5% on every type of vehicle imaginable!

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Quote:

Is it dim at night?

Dont do 35% on windshield. You will regret it at night. 50% is good tho. Have a buddy who has 50% on the windshield of a new mega cab. Looks amazing.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Well according to tintlaws.com OK is 25% on front side front rear and rear window AS1 5" on visor. MO where I live is 35% on front sides and no limit on any other windows. From what I see on that site OK, TX and AR have the most relaxed laws on tint you're lucky I personally don't have $125 every time a cop gets a hair even though I thought about payin the ticket and keepin "MY" car how I want it but I'm not Donald Trump! Actually I like the 35 better on the sides fading to 5 on the rear sides and back I'm not 18 I'm 50 and I had a hard time seein at night with 5 on the sides I"ll post a pic after it warms up outside to show you. Have a great SVT DAY!!
Old 02-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post

Im in Oklahoma, I have had this tint on my car since ive had it so almost two years now. Many of my friends have 5% on every type of vehicle imaginable!

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Where at in Oklahoma you from ? Norman area here
Old 02-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well according to tintlaws.com OK is 25% on front side front rear and rear window AS1 5" on visor. MO where I live is 35% on front sides and no limit on any other windows. From what I see on that site OK, TX and AR have the most relaxed laws on tint you're lucky I personally don't have $125 every time a cop gets a hair even though I thought about payin the ticket and keepin "MY" car how I want it but I'm not Donald Trump! Actually I like the 35 better on the sides fading to 5 on the rear sides and back I'm not 18 I'm 50 and I had a hard time seein at night with 5 on the sides I"ll post a pic after it warms up outside to show you. Have a great SVT DAY!!
Yea, they really dont worry about it here. Ive been pulled over and gotten speeding tickets but they never said a word about my tint.

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justasix98 View Post

Where at in Oklahoma you from ? Norman area here
Around the Tulsa area. Bristow to be exact.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

That's a good 2 1/2 hr drive from me lol
Old 02-03-2013, 12:10 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah the cop that pulled me the first time fer tint wasn't worried about it I think he just wanted to check out my car. The second cop wrote me for too dark and no plate on the front, my old hometown gave me a present Belton MO likes its revenue! Then Friday I found out when my speedo says 65 I'm goin 78 does anyone know how hard it is to change out the speedo gear and which one I need in the rear end. I've got a 96 Mystic with 4:10 posi and 18" American Muscle Saleen wheels? I knew it was a little slow but damn 13 mph off is crazy I really couldn't tell that much the way the rest of the world drives!
Old 02-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah the cop that pulled me the first time fer tint wasn't worried about it I think he just wanted to check out my car. The second cop wrote me for too dark and no plate on the front, my old hometown gave me a present Belton MO likes its revenue! Then Friday I found out when my speedo says 65 I'm goin 78 does anyone know how hard it is to change out the speedo gear and which one I need in the rear end. I've got a 96 Mystic with 4:10 posi and 18" American Muscle Saleen wheels? I knew it was a little slow but damn 13 mph off is crazy I really couldn't tell that much the way the rest of the world drives!
If you buy a tuner it will fix it for you. Also your car will be noticably faster with a tune.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:58 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Where im at i dont know anybody who has been ticketed for tint. They normally worry about real crimes not tint. I have 5% all the way around. And a brow on the windshield.
That looks nasty! My standard is 15%, have had it in all my cars so I'm used to it at night etc.
madGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:07 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by madGT View Post

That looks nasty! My standard is 15%, have had it in all my cars so I'm used to it at night etc.
Thanks man!
Old 02-05-2013, 12:05 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
So another question, for everyone who had 5% all-around in the past, is the visibility THAT bad? I just wanna get an idea on what it'll be like inside in the car with limo tint. I can deal with backing out and whatnot, I'm already at the point where sometimes I back in parking spots with my door somewhat open with my head sticking out (assuming there's no other cars parked near me) when it's really dark sometimes. And I usually roll my windows down anyway when doing so. I'm more concerned with night time driving. The last car I drove before the Mustang, had very very dark tint (not sure what % though) but I never thought about it except for when it was night and inside the car was very dark inside, which just felt more comfortable to me. If it's THAT bad with the 5%, I guess I could go 15% in the front windshield for better side mirror visibility.

All these limo tinted Mustangs are persuading me to get limo as well..

Upcoming: GT500 Supercharger (Department of Boost), 19" Koko Kuture Sardinia-5 Wheels, etc.
GT Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:24 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Gone View Post
So another question, for everyone who had 5% all-around in the past, is the visibility THAT bad? I just wanna get an idea on what it'll be like inside in the car with limo tint. I can deal with backing out and whatnot, I'm already at the point where sometimes I back in parking spots with my door somewhat open with my head sticking out (assuming there's no other cars parked near me) when it's really dark sometimes. And I usually roll my windows down anyway when doing so. I'm more concerned with night time driving. The last car I drove before the Mustang, had very very dark tint (not sure what % though) but I never thought about it except for when it was night and inside the car was very dark inside, which just felt more comfortable to me. If it's THAT bad with the 5%, I guess I could go 15% in the front windshield for better side mirror visibility.

All these limo tinted Mustangs are persuading me to get limo as well..
I have 5% and the only time I have a problem is when it's raining, dark, and I'm backing up. Now if you do plan on doing your windshield (not sure if you are) I wouldn't do more then 50%
Old 02-05-2013, 12:51 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justasix98 View Post

I have 5% and the only time I have a problem is when it's raining, dark, and I'm backing up. Now if you do plan on doing your windshield (not sure if you are) I wouldn't do more then 50%
Now that's funny. Problem driving in dark, rain and backing up. Well just never back up, never drive when dark and never in the rain.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:24 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Now that's funny. Problem driving in dark, rain and backing up. Well just never back up, never drive when dark and never in the rain.
Lemme rephrase that. I only have a bad time driving with 5% tint when it's dark, raining, and I'm backing up. Meaning all three things are taking place at the same time. Little more understanding for you ?
Old 02-05-2013, 08:26 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Here's my snake with 35 front side 5 back sides and rear I like it and its legal in MO

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130205_202409.png
Views:	83
Size:	704.4 KB
ID:	89386
Old 02-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Here's my snake with 35 front side 5 back sides and rear I like it and its legal in MO
Love a Mystichrome!
Old 02-05-2013, 10:38 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks, she's a 96 Mystic the Mystichromes are 04s. SVT only made 2000 96 Mystics mine's #194 with a bunch of mods I think she's gettin NOS next ah hahaha!
Old 02-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

I have 5% on the back and 15% up front with a 5% visor strip. If I could get any tint without cops looking for me I'd do 5% all around just cause I think the darker the better. You can see out but nobody can see in lol.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-611821228.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	869.4 KB
ID:	89651  
StangerBanger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Got 15% upfront and it came with a nice yellow piece of paper tobad i got them "removed"
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-4160435393.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	89652   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3060659665.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	89653  

Rich04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:59 AM   #59
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich04 View Post
Got 15% upfront and it came with a nice yellow piece of paper tobad i got them "removed"
Lol, DOH!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing