Changing interior color? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Changing interior color?

Is it possible to change the interior color? I want it to be all black. My steering wheel, door panels, arm rest, cup holders, etc. are all gray. I figured I'd just buy seat covers so they're black. Is there anyway to paint these so It's full black

I.E

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1251524577.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	336.9 KB
ID:	91775

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-273393335.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	502.9 KB
ID:	91776
pypes x w/flow 40's, SR CAI, plasti dipped (emblems, stripe, rear decklid, rear valance, cowl vent grille, fuel door, antenna holder), shorty antenna, mach 1 chin spoiler, custom interior trim, blue LED interior lights, more to come later
Mustang81596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Nobody knows how???
pypes x w/flow 40's, SR CAI, plasti dipped (emblems, stripe, rear decklid, rear valance, cowl vent grille, fuel door, antenna holder), shorty antenna, mach 1 chin spoiler, custom interior trim, blue LED interior lights, more to come later
Old 02-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
Go to a junkyard and start pulling parts out of a stang that has black interior pieces or I have heard of ppl plasti dipping there interior
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 05:36 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adogg View Post
Go to a junkyard and start pulling parts out of a stang that has black interior pieces or I have heard of ppl plasti dipping there interior
I think Im going to actually try plasti dipping it. It would look really good
Old 02-20-2013, 07:35 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Go to latemodelrestoration.com and order there interior paint and dyes along with the prep material... Or in a few months it will start to peel and look like crap! I've been through it
Coreyw428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:50 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Off topic but dude your passenger seat looks BRAND NEW LOL
Old 02-20-2013, 07:56 AM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger View Post
Off topic but dude your passenger seat looks BRAND NEW LOL
+20 lol. Just swap seats and put a milk crate for the passenger. That's what my dad woulda done. No kiddin tho, what's wrong with the color of your interior, I think it looks fine. You can get new door panels at the junk yard and seats as far as that goes. I think somebody already said that but that's where I would look. A good upholstery shop could fix it all for you but gets pricey.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:07 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I think I'm going to go with SEM dye. That was a picture after I scrubbed my passenger seat for an hour with, "tuff stuff" cleaner lol. It came out good I think. The PO didn't take any care of the interior. I'm just going to throw on black seat covers for them, though. But I want to put in white trim, so that's why I any to change the interior color.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyw428 View Post
Go to latemodelrestoration.com and order there interior paint and dyes along with the prep material... Or in a few months it will start to peel and look like crap! I've been through it
+1000000

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing