'07 Grabber Orange color change? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-20-2013, 07:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kustumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Victoria, BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 912
'07 Grabber Orange color change?

I might be insane but I can swear my car is obviously an orange when I take it out of the garage in the morning and much closer to yellow when I get it from the open parking lot at night.

Anyone else experience this? The color is stock.
Kustumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #2
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kustumb View Post
I might be insane but I can swear my car is obviously an orange when I take it out of the garage in the morning and much closer to yellow when I get it from the open parking lot at night.

Anyone else experience this? The color is stock.
It definitely changes colors depending on the light. It's kind of like Lava Red sometimes it appears almost black
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kustumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Victoria, BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 912
The reason I'm asking is, I want to add/remove some things. Although I'm sure they can paint it in its color code (U3), my experience (from lacquer touch-up paint) is that they don't match.

How can I avoid this? I'm thinking of (for example) mirror covers, new hood etc. AM can paint them but will it match?

Also, I have the lame plastic sidings on the door that are simply stuck there. After removing them, will there be a color difference since that part of the door won't have seen as much sun?

Thanks!
Kustumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-20-2013, 08:14 PM   #4
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kustumb View Post
The reason I'm asking is, I want to add/remove some things. Although I'm sure they can paint it in its color code (U3), my experience (from lacquer touch-up paint) is that they don't match.

How can I avoid this? I'm thinking of (for example) mirror covers, new hood etc. AM can paint them but will it match?

Also, I have the lame plastic sidings on the door that are simply stuck there. After removing them, will there be a color difference since that part of the door won't have seen as much sun?

Thanks!
It depends on the condition of the paint. I'm not an expert in paint, but having 2 accidents, I know enough to be dangerous.

If your paint is severely faded then it will not match at all, but if it's been kept up with, it shouldn't be too bad.

There may be a slight color variance. I thought AM painted them in the factory color. You could also order them unpainted, and get a body shop to paint them so that way they are a lot closer match.

A body shop will tint the paint enough to get it pretty close. Perfection would only be achieved by blending areas,or a whole paint job, but they can match it so close it's almost impossible to tell. There will always be a slight color variance between plastic, and metal even on a new car.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
GTYUP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Park Ridge
Region: Illinois
Posts: 313
My 2011 Grabber Blue GT has a little bit of color changing to it as well..depending on day or night...goes from light blue to dark blue. As mentioned, in my experience AM pre-painted matched PERFECTLY on my Legend Lime 05 and matched perfectly on my 11 Grabber Blue...but they are garaged and covered and kept in show room like condition. If your paint has been well maintained, I think you will be fine...I am not an expert but I think that GO and GB have little metalic to them and the paint ages well if taken care of.
__________________
2011Premium Grabber Blue GT Convertible -GTYUP

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
GTYUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:39 AM   #6
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
I love Grabber Orange! Please don't change it
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang936's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
I love Grabber Orange! Please don't change it
+5.0
Mustang936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Agreed! ^
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:03 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
my car changes based on sunlight, the amount of flake in the paint does it (gold flake)
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:46 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kustumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Victoria, BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
I love Grabber Orange! Please don't change it
Lol I'm not changing the color. Just asking about the color shift. I'll post some pictures today.

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTYUP View Post
My 2011 Grabber Blue GT has a little bit of color changing to it as well..depending on day or night...goes from light blue to dark blue. As mentioned, in my experience AM pre-painted matched PERFECTLY on my Legend Lime 05 and matched perfectly on my 11 Grabber Blue...but they are garaged and covered and kept in show room like condition. If your paint has been well maintained, I think you will be fine...I am not an expert but I think that GO and GB have little metalic to them and the paint ages well if taken care of.
What do you mean by maintaining the paint exactly? My car stays in my garage too.
Kustumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #11
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kustumb View Post
Lol I'm not changing the color. Just asking about the color shift. I'll post some pictures today.

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------



What do you mean by maintaining the paint exactly? My car stays in my garage too.
I think he was reffering to keeping it washed and waxed regulary and that' what I was after as well.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:18 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
GTYUP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Park Ridge
Region: Illinois
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post

I think he was reffering to keeping it washed and waxed regulary and that' what I was after as well.
Agreed 100%
__________________
2011Premium Grabber Blue GT Convertible -GTYUP

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
GTYUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



06:53 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.