I discovered something that is really really great - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-21-2013, 09:01 AM   #1
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I discovered something that is really really great

When at the Waterford Florida Ford/Mustang show My car was a little dirty so I went to a few vendors to see about something that I could spruce it up a little with. I found a lady cleaning a very dirty car with just a sprey bottle and a couple of rags. It was at the Croftgate booth and they were selling just what I needed. A product called "PROJECT-X" . I bought a bottle and they through in three micro fiber rags. I used it in the hot Florida direct sun and it was perfect. You just sprey a little on your application rag, Sprey a little on the area of the car you want to do and wipe, Dirt gone, Shine excellent (NO SCRATCHING)

In about 20 minutes or so my car was gleaming. You actually do the stripes, and all of the black plastic as well as the side and rear windows with this stuff. It don't turn anything white.

It made my candy red Mustang look good enough to get me the Peoples Choice Award.

I was using Zaino products but I really do think I like this stuff a lot better. Their web site is: Welcome to Croftgate! They are located in Melbourne Florida and all I bought was the Project-X but they do have other products.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2013, 09:39 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I have never used any of the Croftgate products, but I do know that a member of one of my registries is a local rep for them and he swears by the stuff. Your plug makes me think I should test some of this stuff. Thanks

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
GTYUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:35 PM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

It really is good stuff, I was really surprised

I have been a Zaino user for my last three cars. I think this stuff is better and easier to use. I am not connected or work for Croftgate. This one bottle of Project-X does everything on the car.

It does have one flaw, It does make my car so slippery that trying to roll out my cover is difficult due to the cover wants to slide off of the car. Trying to roll it up when removing it is even worse.

I put it on my wheels and now they are not only very shiny but they are real smooth. I love this stuff. It is just so easy to use.

I did order extra micro fiber rags.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I have been a Zaino user for my last three cars. I think this stuff is better and easier to use. I am not connected or work for Croftgate. This one bottle of Project-X does everything on the car.

It does have one flaw, It does make my car so slippery that trying to roll out my cover is difficult due to the cover wants to slide off of the car. Trying to roll it up when removing it is even worse.

I put it on my wheels and now they are not only very shiny but they are real smooth. I love this stuff. It is just so easy to use.

I did order extra micro fiber rags.
YOU ARE SO CORRECT! I was able to do a full test of these products that not only am I a full believer I also now distribute for them in Illinois. I myself have never gone from trying something new to being so blown away that I needed to tell everyone. Amazing stuff...and the Quick N Slick before Project X.....WOW.

Just let me know if you need more info or dealers close to you and I will help all I can.

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
Old 04-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

My car after first treatment with Quick N Slick....this is what made me a believer .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3539937278.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	486.8 KB
ID:	101769  

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
Old 04-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
hmm i use the meguiars wash and wax anywhere and it works great even in direct sun...may look into that stuff but i can't complain with how clean the car looks even if it hasn't been sprayed off in a long while

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
hmm i use the meguiars wash and wax anywhere and it works great even in direct sun...may look into that stuff but i can't complain with how clean the car looks even if it hasn't been sprayed off in a long while
+ 1 on all Meg's products ....I am a huge fan. This Croftgate stuff...one ups it IMO.

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
Old 04-20-2013, 12:05 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
I recently ordered a few Croftgate products and man! Never been happier. Waterless washes are the best, no pesky water to dry and cuts your time in half if you have to wax it.
StangReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:52 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I just switched to croftgate a month ago and love it I will not use anything but it to clean my stang now this is awesome stuff !!!!
darkshadowGT04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I'm gonna have to try it I use mequires carnauba wax and it smells amazing
Old 04-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshadowGT04 View Post
I just switched to croftgate a month ago and love it I will not use anything but it to clean my stang now this is awesome stuff !!!!
+1 on CROFTGATE !!! I went from trying it to be so blown away I now deal for them in NW Illinois. I assume you are working with Jimmy P in Jersey...if not let me know and I will get you connected directly with him and he can help you out locally!!!

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
Old 04-22-2013, 03:52 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangReaper View Post
I recently ordered a few Croftgate products and man! Never been happier. Waterless washes are the best, no pesky water to dry and cuts your time in half if you have to wax it.
Yes Yes yes....my favorite one/two punch is AquanilX followed by Project X...simply amazing. If you ever have any questions, feel free to email me or if your looking for a local dealer let me know and I will try to help you.

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
Old 04-22-2013, 09:29 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I live in East Tennessee is it available here?

03 Sonic Blue CONVERTIBLE W/STYLE BAR AND SPEEDSTER COVER AND 18X10W/275/35 REAR AND 18X9W/245/45 FRONT. OFF ROAD X-PIPE 40 SIERIES FLOMASTERS AND CAI.
Allans03ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allans03ragtop View Post
I live in East Tennessee is it available here?
It is available anywhere in the US and Canada. Send me an email and either I can help you directly or I will find a dealer closer to your location. I promise you will be amazed at all of these products. My name is Sal and my email address is CroftgateIl@comcast.net.

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
Old 05-17-2013, 07:03 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshadowGT04 View Post
Croftgate is amazing and excellent products. + 1

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
Old 05-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Where can i buy some?
Old 05-20-2013, 08:00 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey18 View Post
Where can i buy some?
PM sent.

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
Old 05-20-2013, 10:08 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Hmmm... Very interested. Looks like good stuff.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I have some on the way will let you all know what I think once I use it.

03 Sonic Blue CONVERTIBLE W/STYLE BAR AND SPEEDSTER COVER AND 18X10W/275/35 REAR AND 18X9W/245/45 FRONT. OFF ROAD X-PIPE 40 SIERIES FLOMASTERS AND CAI.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:30 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have some on the way will let you all know what I think once I use it.
Thinking of placing an order as well. Please do let us know. Im using Zymol spray detailer now. But it would be awesome to be able to skip the wash altogether. Just kinda freaked out about scratching my paint.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 05-21-2013, 08:35 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Well mine is not a daily driver. It has only been driven in the rain once since this past february when i did a complete makeover on it, and it was washed of before it even dried. I have only used a damp terry cloth on it since. I live in east tennessee and the pollin has beed horrible this year. I am hopeing this will make it easier to keep clean.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:24 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

Thinking of placing an order as well. Please do let us know. Im using Zymol spray detailer now. But it would be awesome to be able to skip the wash altogether. Just kinda freaked out about scratching my paint.
Thanks Allan...any questions just let me know.

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
Old 05-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

Proper use of waterless products is safe, simple and does a excellent job.

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
Old 05-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #24
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

If my car is Filthy dirty I wash it first.

Usually my car is not to dirty. I just use the Project-X on it. If it is full of Love Bugs or gritty type dirt I wash it with Zaino car wash. I usually only need to use the Project-X on it though.

Ronnie
Old 05-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Usually my car is not to dirty. I just use the Project-X on it. If it is full of Love Bugs or gritty type dirt I wash it with Zaino car wash. I usually only need to use the Project-X on it though.

Ronnie
Project X is some great stuff....as an FYI Croftgate also has a Wash & Wax that is awesome and when done prior to Project X....WOW. A little tip...if you try the Wash & Wax...put one spray of Project X on the panel before washing....extra special shine and protection. Works for me. Enjoy and great looking Stang!

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
Old 05-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well mine is not a daily driver. It has only been driven in the rain once since this past february when i did a complete makeover on it, and it was washed of before it even dried. I have only used a damp terry cloth on it since. I live in east tennessee and the pollin has beed horrible this year. I am hopeing this will make it easier to keep clean.
Allan...IMO you should ONLY use a quality MicroFiber towel anytime you are washing, drying, buffing...etc. Terry towels no matter how soft can instill micro marring in your surface.

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
Old 05-21-2013, 12:40 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTYUP View Post

Allan...IMO you should ONLY use a quality MicroFiber towel anytime you are washing, drying, buffing...etc. Terry towels no matter how soft can instill micro marring in your surface.
+1000000 nothing but microfiber will ever touch my paint. Especially on a black car.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:15 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Sooooo sorrrrrryyyy i ment mico fiber not terry my bad

Old 05-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #29
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

The very best I have ever used

I got Micro Fiber towles from CroftGate for $1.25 each and they are by far the best towls I have ever used.

Ronnie
Old 05-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I got Micro Fiber towles from CroftGate for $1.25 each and they are by far the best towls I have ever used.

Ronnie
Yes they are....and you paid less than I get them for! Way to go. LOL

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
Old 05-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #31
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:

Ronnie
How?

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:33 PM   #32
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I just called up and ordered them.

I bought the first ones at the car show when I bought my Project-X for $1.00 each. I got five of them.

When I got home I decided to get another dozen so I called up and ordered them for $1.25 each plus U.S. Mail.

Ronnie
Old 05-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I bought the first ones at the car show when I bought my Project-X for $1.00 each. I got five of them.

When I got home I decided to get another dozen so I called up and ordered them for $1.25 each plus U.S. Mail.

Ronnie
Awesome deal....I actually pay more for them as a distributer. Can't beat the quality and lovin your price.

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
Old 05-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	ForumRunner_20130524_181203.png
Views:	115
Size:	426.1 KB
ID:	110154

Name:	ForumRunner_20130524_181203.png
Views:	115
Size:	426.1 KB
ID:	110154

After wiping with quick n slick

Old 05-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #35
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi allen

All I have used on my Candy red 2012 is the Project-X.
Like I have said, The big problem I now have is my car is soooo slippery that putting my cover on or taking it off was not easy due to it wants to slide off of the car. I did find a way around that problem by putting the back on first and the antenna holds it in place until I get the mirrors covered. Taking it off and rolling it up has not been worked out yet.

We did super slick & Project-X on Shari's 66 convertable and """WOW"" for a white car it really pops.

Ronnie

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing