Stupid pollen! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Stupid pollen!

Btw guys havent been on ina LONG time. got a new sexy mustang shes the baby

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

**Powered By FORD**
01mustangboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2013, 07:41 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01mustangboy View Post
Btw guys havent been on ina LONG time. got a new sexy mustang shes the baby

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------
Yeahh I hate the pollen too had to invest in a car cover but I like your new stang look good love your tires too
Vmcgrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:42 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmcgrath View Post
Yeahh I hate the pollen too had to invest in a car cover but I like your new stang look good love your tires too
thanks! needs a little touch up paint on the bumper. and there just old pacers old cheap things lol. ima get me a car cover tomorrow prob

**Powered By FORD**
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2013, 09:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Looks good...welcome back.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldog View Post
Looks good...welcome back.
thanks!

**Powered By FORD**
Old 04-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Looks awesome !!!!!

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
GTYUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:43 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTYUP View Post
Looks awesome !!!!!
thanks

**Powered By FORD**
Old 04-14-2013, 11:58 AM   #8
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Pollen is horrible here we had an 8,000 count the otherday
Old 04-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford
Pollen is horrible here we had an 8,000 count the otherday
I've been washing off my truck every morning and its yellow by end of day
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #10
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

I've been washing off my truck every morning and its yellow by end of day
I've paid the car wash a visit twice last week. I'm hoping it settles down enough, so I can at least wash it in my driveway without the pollen getting all over it.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Hey man i have the same exact problem. Fortunately i like to detail my cars. All you have to do is go to your local autozone and buy yourself a clay bar kit. It should come with 2 clay bars a lubricant and a wax. But i recommend you buy a different better type of wax. What this does is it takes off all the contaminants and nasty stuff off your paint job. First of all wash your car with a good car soap then start applying the clay bar while the car is still wet, dont forget to keep spraying lubricant so you wont scratch your car. After you're done running the clay through all the paint rinse the whole car again dry it really good put on a good coat of wax let it dry, take off the wax with a microfiber towel and feel your car, it should be as smooth as glass and it should shine like crazy.
The point of all this is when you have all that pollen on the car just take it for a drive and watch the pollen fall off by itself, this happens because there are no longer any contaminants on the paint that hold the pollen and a bunch of other nasty stuff. Doing this once a year also expands your paint's life and prevents the clear coat from flaking or fading. 2 times a year is always good too.
There are a bunch of youtube videos demonstrating this alot clearer. Look up clay bar instructions. Just a heads up, be REALLY REALLY careful with red,black and blue paint because those colors like to show off any imperfection. Just make sure the car is a little wet and dont be stingy on the lubricant. Along with some soft rubbing those colors come out flawless.

Or you can always ask your detail shop or local carwash to do it for you if you have $80-$150 to spend. If you do that rinse your car before you take it and make sure you count and note all your scratches, because some places aren't careful and WILL scratch your car. If they do scratch it make them take the scratch off or maybe even get it for free and go get yourself a scratch remover for a fraction of their price.
Good luck man, sorry for the long explanations, but you will definitely see a difference.
94 GT 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:11 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94 GT 5.0 View Post
Hey man i have the same exact problem. Fortunately i like to detail my cars. All you have to do is go to your local autozone and buy yourself a clay bar kit. It should come with 2 clay bars a lubricant and a wax. But i recommend you buy a different better type of wax. What this does is it takes off all the contaminants and nasty stuff off your paint job. First of all wash your car with a good car soap then start applying the clay bar while the car is still wet, dont forget to keep spraying lubricant so you wont scratch your car. After you're done running the clay through all the paint rinse the whole car again dry it really good put on a good coat of wax let it dry, take off the wax with a microfiber towel and feel your car, it should be as smooth as glass and it should shine like crazy.
The point of all this is when you have all that pollen on the car just take it for a drive and watch the pollen fall off by itself, this happens because there are no longer any contaminants on the paint that hold the pollen and a bunch of other nasty stuff. Doing this once a year also expands your paint's life and prevents the clear coat from flaking or fading. 2 times a year is always good too.
There are a bunch of youtube videos demonstrating this alot clearer. Look up clay bar instructions. Just a heads up, be REALLY REALLY careful with red,black and blue paint because those colors like to show off any imperfection. Just make sure the car is a little wet and dont be stingy on the lubricant. Along with some soft rubbing those colors come out flawless.

Or you can always ask your detail shop or local carwash to do it for you if you have $80-$150 to spend. If you do that rinse your car before you take it and make sure you count and note all your scratches, because some places aren't careful and WILL scratch your car. If they do scratch it make them take the scratch off or maybe even get it for free and go get yourself a scratch remover for a fraction of their price.
Good luck man, sorry for the long explanations, but you will definitely see a difference.
Does this work on plasti dip cars?
Vmcgrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:22 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
no, but he is definately correct, i clay barred mine a couple weeks ago and 90% of the pollen is gone after my drive home from work

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:23 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

How many of you are in Georgia? I am assuming at least some of you are due to the pollen count. It has been unreal this year. I am in Roswell, GA.
sbbamafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmcgrath View Post

Does this work on plasti dip cars?
Noooo do not try it on plasti dipped surfaces. The clay basically works as an adhesive when running it through the paint it picks up anything that shouldnt be on the paint job, including plasti dip. In shorter words the clay will peel off the plasti dip.
Besides, plasti dip doesnt have a clear coat.

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostedmind View Post
no, but he is definately correct, i clay barred mine a couple weeks ago and 90% of the pollen is gone after my drive home from work
Nice! I love the look and the feeling of clayed cars. I always get people with newer mustangs asking me how ive kepped the paint in such good condition. Did you do it yourself?
94 GT 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:53 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
i generally dont trust other people with my car so yea I did it. and it was noticeable immediately. My wife hates to spend money, and she was convinced that the clay bar was a waste of money, till I got done. Once I got done she decided that we were going to clay bar it once or twice a year. lol

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

stupid trees germinating, think the cleaning product companies are paying them off...
lwandrewz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwandrewz
stupid trees germinating, think the cleaning product companies are paying them off...
It's tree sperm. Get it right. My red truck is already yellow after spraying it off this am
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

It's tree sperm. Get it right. My red truck is already yellow after spraying it off this am
Tree jizz, great... along with them frondy things too!

They're about to say hello to my lil friend!
lwandrewz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:52 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Claying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostedmind View Post
i generally dont trust other people with my car so yea I did it. and it was noticeable immediately. My wife hates to spend money, and she was convinced that the clay bar was a waste of money, till I got done. Once I got done she decided that we were going to clay bar it once or twice a year. lol
Claying is awesome and when done properly the results are great. I would suggest only claying once a year unless really needed..and maybe after claying lay down some quality sealant..then polish and then wax. None of us like to spend money..but the protection of your cars surface is the first thing YOU and everyone else sees and maintaining it is all up to you.

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
GTYUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #21
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbamafan View Post
How many of you are in Georgia? I am assuming at least some of you are due to the pollen count. It has been unreal this year. I am in Roswell, GA.
Your around the corner from me! Yeah it's bad. I wore a pair of brown shoes, they're yellow now.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing