Pics after wash and wax - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Pics after wash and wax

Washed and waxed the car. First coat of wax after being painted.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130422_165303.png
Views:	349
Size:	615.0 KB
ID:	103737

Name:	ForumRunner_20130422_165313.png
Views:	361
Size:	786.4 KB
ID:	103738
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	ForumRunner_20130422_170241.png
Views:	336
Size:	857.5 KB
ID:	103741

Polished the cai with some neverdull, still need to clean the rest. Waiting for my MSD coil pack to come in this afternoon. I also am waiting on my stainless steel radiator cover to come in!
Old 04-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Looks great
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013, 05:41 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Looks Good
Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post
Washed and waxed the car. First coat of wax after being painted.
is it lowered?
Crowned1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Yes it is. Drop zone springs 2", 1.75" drop while keeping isolators in.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:38 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes it is. Drop zone springs 2", 1.75" drop while keeping isolators in.
is that your dd? how do you like them? I've been looking into those.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:28 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I usually just drive it on the weekends. As for the springs...I hate them. Ive used high quality springs on all my other vehicles. I did something different this time....and well sometimes people make mistakes. They will soon be replaced with a much higher quality setup. The dropzones are better than stock, but not by much.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:09 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I usually just drive it on the weekends. As for the springs...I hate them. Ive used high quality springs on all my other vehicles. I did something different this time....and well sometimes people make mistakes. They will soon be replaced with a much higher quality setup. The dropzones are better than stock, but not by much.
Right on. I don't mind the ride of stock so I'm sure I won't mind these. Thanks! I wish I never sold my sr performance ones :/
Old 04-24-2013, 04:16 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Great job....

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
GTYUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks!
Old 04-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Lookin good!
1998 Bright Atlantic Cobra - 3:73's, BBK ls, Pro 5.0, 96 Cobra STB, Borla XR-1 Catback, Custom Catch Can, Spec clutch, MM Firewall adj, FRPP wires, RSD, Spoiler delete, 245/275 BF Goodrich g sports on chrome 95 cobra r's
1998 V6 Mustang : SOLD!
Rosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #13
Sad Panda
Staff

shiny
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:26 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Fresh paint job helps. I hit it with the mequires ultimate polish, then the ultimate wax.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Fresh paint job helps. I hit it with the mequires ultimate polish, then the ultimate wax.
Try Meg's 205 ...some great stuff.....and w/o being pushy Croftgate has some really great compounds and polishes too.

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
Old 04-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Try Meg's 205...great stuff. Use by hand or polisher with a white pad or black pad for less agree sieve approach . Ad yes Croftgate also has some awesome compounds and polishes.

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
Old 04-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Ive looked into croftgate. Seems legit. However the meguires works very well, and my paint looks amazing. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ive looked into croftgate. Seems legit. However the meguires works very well, and my paint looks amazing. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
It is very legit stuff...I still hit my car once a year with either Meg's 205 or Croftgate compounds....but daily maintenance I am 100% Croftgate. I was a user now a dealer...that sounds so funny to type...hopefully I am not being tracked by the. FBI for being a dealer. LOL

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
Old 04-24-2013, 10:45 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I just ordered the project x. Im going to tape off my explorer and do half with the mequires and half with the croftgate. Ill post pictures.

I know that the mequires can make old and tired paint look new. I have only seen croftgate products used on paint that already looks great. Ill put it to a real test and post the results.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:02 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I just ordered the project x. Im going to tape off my explorer and do half with the mequires and half with the croftgate. Ill post pictures.

I know that the mequires can make old and tired paint look new. I have only seen croftgate products used on paint that already looks great. Ill put it to a real test and post the results.
That's awesome...Project X is a Depth and Shine Enhancer it is not a polish or compound . What Meg's product are you testing it against ? I look forward to your independent opinion and for the record I think all Meg's products are great just like I believe Croftgate products have their place on the shelf. If I may ask after you post on here can you also send me an email with details of your test both pro or con ....thanks. CroftgateIL@comcast.net

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
Old 04-28-2013, 04:03 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Pics with mequires ultimate was and detail spray. Ordered Quick N Slick from LMR last night. Ill test that when it comes in. Im very sceptical. The current products I have work very well at less than a third the cost of the crofgate stuff (7 bucks vs 30 bucks a bottle).

So the Crofgate needs to show me more than three times the shine and protection to make me purchase again. We shall see.

Im going to test it against the products I currently use:

Meguires Ultimate Wax $10
Meguires detail spray $7
Surf City Spray Wax $12

Also going to buy these to test:

Turtle Wax Ice Synthetic Detailer $8
Mother's Gold $10
Old 04-28-2013, 04:05 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Forgot to add pics...

Name:	ForumRunner_20130428_170428.png
Views:	146
Size:	930.8 KB
ID:	104773

Name:	ForumRunner_20130428_170441.png
Views:	160
Size:	880.8 KB
ID:	104774
Old 04-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Forgot to add pics...
wow looks good might I recommend some of the black magic products I love those and always have my stang come out sparkling after just a simple hand wash!
Old 04-29-2013, 05:55 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Pics with mequires ultimate was and detail spray. Ordered Quick N Slick from LMR last night. Ill test that when it comes in. Im very sceptical. The current products I have work very well at less than a third the cost of the crofgate stuff (7 bucks vs 30 bucks a bottle).

So the Crofgate needs to show me more than three times the shine and protection to make me purchase again. We shall see.

Im going to test it against the products I currently use:

Meguires Ultimate Wax $10
Meguires detail spray $7
Surf City Spray Wax $12

Also going to buy these to test:

Turtle Wax Ice Synthetic Detailer $8
Mother's Gold $10
Looking forward to your test results....I tried everything before Criftgate and became a believer.

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

I got my Croftgat Quick N Slick in today. I used it on the mustang, and was very dissatisfied. After playing with that and some Mequires Quick detail spray, I've come to the conclusion that the quick n slick is just an expensive detail spray that works no better than the products I currently use that are less than a third the cost of the Croftgat.

I let the hype suck me in and was sorely let down, and wasted 30 bucks in the process. Oh well lesson learned.

Name:	ForumRunner_20130501_212132.png
Views:	147
Size:	582.7 KB
ID:	105508
Old 05-02-2013, 07:56 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Yours is the complete opposite of my experience. I have been a satisfied Zaino user for 10 years. I tried Quick N Slick starting last week and really like it. It put down a nice layer of polish on the car like Zaino, but much quicker. I would recommend it.

Mark
MarkJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #27
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Well my croftgate sample pack is in the mail right now, I'll see how it works out for me.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho
Looks great!
Rockriders30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:09 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I got my Croftgat Quick N Slick in today. I used it on the mustang, and was very dissatisfied. After playing with that and some Mequires Quick detail spray, I've come to the conclusion that the quick n slick is just an expensive detail spray that works no better than the products I currently use that are less than a third the cost of the Croftgat.

I let the hype suck me in and was sorely let down, and wasted 30 bucks in the process. Oh well lesson learned.
Very shocked to hear that....this might sound crazy but you are the first and I am sorry. Can you do me a favor and PM me your email or better yet a phone number and I will try to have someone from Croftgate call you to discuss your dissatisfaction.

Quick n Slick should be sprayed directly onto a microfiber towel on a clean car AND NOT directly on the car. Using to much product will leave a haze that needs to be wiped down for the full shine.

Thanks...

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJones View Post
Yours is the complete opposite of my experience. I have been a satisfied Zaino user for 10 years. I tried Quick N Slick starting last week and really like it. It put down a nice layer of polish on the car like Zaino, but much quicker. I would recommend it.

Mark
I agree 100%. I do not knock any other products but I agree Croftgate is excellent and is quick and simple.

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Well my croftgate sample pack is in the mail right now, I'll see how it works out for me.
I also look forward to your comments. Aquanil x is a waterless wash and is applied to the surface of the car. QUICK n SLICK , Project x should be sprayed onto a quality microfiber cloth and never directly to the surface. I look forward to your opinion.

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
Old 05-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

I followed the directions. 2 sprays onto a microfiber cloth. Wipe onto on a panel at a time, using a second microfiber to buff to a shine. Using only about 2-3 ounces total. This was done in my garage with a temp of about 72 degrees. Perfect conditions.

We tried it on my buddies car. We took pictures before and after. It was no point, it looked identical. And we did random panels on his car. We couldnt tell which ones had Quick N Slick and which had nothing on them. Even tried the dime test they showed in one of the Croftgate ads. We have pretty slanted hoods, more so than the lexus that guy was using. That dime didn't budge.

I don't mind paying for a quality product. But in this case I was actually expecting something out of it. I had taken pictues of the results, but it did not make sense to keep them. They looked like the same picture. It preformed exactly like the quick detail spray I already have. Which I do like, but at it's price of 7 bucks not more than triple that.

Ive seen numerous wonder products pop up over the years. Most don't work. This one did to an extent, but other products that were much more inexpensive did just as well if not better.

Ill PM my number and name to you. I dont have a problem talking with the Crofgate people. Someone needs to tell them the other companies have their formula, and are selling it cheaper.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I followed the directions. 2 sprays onto a microfiber cloth. Wipe onto on a panel at a time, using a second microfiber to buff to a shine. Using only about 2-3 ounces total. This was done in my garage with a temp of about 72 degrees. Perfect conditions.

We tried it on my buddies car. We took pictures before and after. It was no point, it looked identical. And we did random panels on his car. We couldnt tell which ones had Quick N Slick and which had nothing on them. Even tried the dime test they showed in one of the Croftgate ads. We have pretty slanted hoods, more so than the lexus that guy was using. That dime didn't budge.

I don't mind paying for a quality product. But in this case I was actually expecting something out of it. I had taken pictues of the results, but it did not make sense to keep them. They looked like the same picture. It preformed exactly like the quick detail spray I already have. Which I do like, but at it's price of 7 bucks not more than triple that.

Ive seen numerous wonder products pop up over the years. Most don't work. This one did to an extent, but other products that were much more inexpensive did just as well if not better.

Ill PM my number and name to you. I dont have a problem talking with the Crofgate people. Someone needs to tell them the other companies have their formula, and are selling it cheaper.
I respect your opinion and I will admit the first time I have heard poor reviews. In any case I am going to reach out to Croftgate and hopefully have someone call you. Thank you for your honest opinion and sorry your current experience was not a good one.

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
Old 05-04-2013, 12:53 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Looks great.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:25 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Frank with Croftgate just called me. He is going to try and change my mind about the products. I'm going to go ahead and let him give it a shot. I'm skeptical, but will try to be open minded.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:41 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Frank with Croftgate just called me. He is going to try and change my mind about the products. I'm going to go ahead and let him give it a shot. I'm skeptical, but will try to be open minded.
Great. I switched to Croftgate because and only because it works. Croftgate stands behind the products and I heard Frankie is going to come to you and personally work with you....think about how many companies would do that. I look forward to your opinions after you meet with Frank.

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
Old 05-04-2013, 06:46 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Stack Racing 1 1/2" drop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowned1 View Post
Right on. I don't mind the ride of stock so I'm sure I won't mind these. Thanks! I wish I never sold my sr performance ones :/
I really like my new springs. Hope you get her back on SR Performance.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing