Skeptical on Waterless - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Skeptical on Waterless

Many of you have seen my posts highlighting waterless wash and wax products and I know many of you are very skeptical...I was also. First I consider myself a knowledgeable personal detailer which means I am not a pro and ONLY care for my own cars both my GT and my daily drivers and have been doing this for many years.

I have respected my finish by annual clay bar and a full polish using Meg's products and a DA polisher. I have always used a high end sealant then applied high end polishes and waxes again all by machine. Washes have always been quality auto shampoos and have even used a foam cannon to clean and used quality micro fiber clothes. Many of these high end products have only been around for the few years...and before that it was dish washing soap and bath towels....and I know I am not alone in admitting to that and I hope no one is still using these to care for their paint and finish.

Today, we have the benefit of science and that has introduced waterless wash products as well as many other high end Eco friendly products. And today I am a full convert to waterless wash and protection. So much so that I now also represent what I believe to be the best in the industry and I USE as well as promote.

First for some of you washing your car is no longer allowed in your driveway based on state law or water regulations and others do not have access to water supply. All of us should be concerned about washing chemicals into our water system or at least I hope so.

I challenge all of you to try a quality waterless wash and I am positive you will see the benefit of the polymers that attack the dirt and the microfiber towel that grabs the dirt allowing you to clean and protect with no water. This means no water spots and no micro marring from drying your paint and no chemicals running down your driveway.

I challenge you to be able to clean and shine your car while attending a car show with your hose and bucket and I challenge anyone riding a bike to not see the benefit of not having to hose down your bike and then have to dry all the crevices where the water hides. I also challenge you to be able to wash and protect your car in under an hour and have protection that lasts at minimum three to four weeks or longer all in direct sun light.

You may know that I represent Croftgate products in NW Illinois because I believe that these are High End Eco Friendly and from my testing to be the best. I became a rep only because I believe in these products so much that I wanted to help bring it to so many more...and if it matters I work full time just like most of you and promote in my spare time because I believe in the quality.

My real challenge is to give waterless technology the benefit of science...try any quality brand you prefer and if you want to know more about Croftgate feel free to email me or visit Croftgate.com. You can purchase direct from Croftgate.com OR I can help you find a local rep....or of course I can help you as we'll. if you buy from Croftgate tell them Sal recommend you... no commission for me, just proud to be able to help.

I would love to hear from you on why you don't use waterless, have a fear of waterless OR how much you appreciate waterless. I know you all have opinions and I also know many will be pro or con...which is the point of this post.

Looking forward to all your quality comments and I included a few pics of my ride that is 100% a Croftgate shine and my email address is on my signature if you have any questions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2091817203.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	485.9 KB
ID:	103794   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2553171091.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	486.8 KB
ID:	103795  

Name:	image-4021007978.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	366.8 KB
ID:	103796  

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
GTYUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013, 09:45 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
You made it shine like that using just those products and no water?
Coltonhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltonhess View Post
You made it shine like that using just those products and no water?
Yes I did. Below are some pics from some daily drivers also treated with Croftgate products. Kinda amazing huh....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-479482061.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	519.0 KB
ID:	103825   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3193859076.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	406.8 KB
ID:	103826  

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013, 10:11 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
I've also been wanting to switch to waterless, but i'm a broke high school student about to be a broke college student so i'm sticking with the old hose right now. But when i go to college i probably won't drive much since i'll live on campus so i'll invest in waterless then since i won't have access to a hose any more.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:15 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
I'm not willing enough to buy it. If someone would provide a sample size I might be a convert. I'll admit it's a pita to wash the car off just because of dust.

I'm skeptical and the product would have to prove itself on my dd focus. I've tried several products that were revolutionary just to find out they were crap and not worth the time.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:42 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I've also been wanting to switch to waterless, but i'm a broke high school student about to be a broke college student so i'm sticking with the old hose right now. But when i go to college i probably won't drive much since i'll live on campus so i'll invest in waterless then since i won't have access to a hose any more.
Fully understood..and I can appreciate the cost of an education. Thank you for having your priorities in order and have a great day.

---------- Post added at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
I'm not willing enough to buy it. If someone would provide a sample size I might be a convert. I'll admit it's a pita to wash the car off just because of dust.

I'm skeptical and the product would have to prove itself on my dd focus. I've tried several products that were revolutionary just to find out they were crap and not worth the time.
I agree with you . Before I switched I had to try as well and prove to myself and now a believer. On Croftgate.com they do have a sample pack fir less than $20...try it and I am CONFIDENT you will be amazed. If you get a sample pack...let them know Sal recommended you and then when you become a believer I will help you find a local dealer or help you myself.

Thanks for your input.

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
Old 04-23-2013, 09:54 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I've tried a couple of these in the past and honestly, it feels like a spray wax to me. You still have to start with a basically clean vehicle or you are going to scratch the paint when you drag dirt or contaminants across the paint when wiping. I spend 5$ at the jet wash getting everything as cleaned off and as soaked as possible, then do a full spray wax/dry at the same time. If i had a proper driveway with everything I would double bucket wash but for now I only do that a couple times a year. These waterless products are pretty good for wheels though. The particles of brake dust are so fine you generally need to use something to get them off and that's what I use waterless cleaners for. Though to be honest, a spray wax works for that too. It's less about the product and more about the technique. Dragging a dirty cloth across paint is never a good idea.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:07 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
I've tried a couple of these in the past and honestly, it feels like a spray wax to me. You still have to start with a basically clean vehicle or you are going to scratch the paint when you drag dirt or contaminants across the paint when wiping. I spend 5$ at the jet wash getting everything as cleaned off and as soaked as possible, then do a full spray wax/dry at the same time. If i had a proper driveway with everything I would double bucket wash but for now I only do that a couple times a year. These waterless products are pretty good for wheels though. The particles of brake dust are so fine you generally need to use something to get them off and that's what I use waterless cleaners for. Though to be honest, a spray wax works for that too. It's less about the product and more about the technique. Dragging a dirty cloth across paint is never a good idea.
What I have found with quality waterless wash products is that the dirt gets suspended and the microfiber towels grabs it away from the paint. Obviously, proper technique is very important and of course quality high end products. For many years I used a two bucket wash and grit guard..now primarily all waterless. I do use the concentrate mixed in one gallon of water if the car is extra dirty..like over the winter with road salt. Still don't need to hose it down and it worked perfectly along with the use of my grit guard. Being able to wash a car over the winter in my garage and remove all the salt....amazing and the added benefit of protection critical. Of course as soon as the weather was acceptable a full spray under the car is needed to wash away salt underneath and yes I needed to use my pressure washer for that on my daily drivers.

I really appreciate your input and thoughts and very much respect your opinion and I promise you I never drag a dirty cloth on my cars...EVER. THANKS....

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
Old 04-24-2013, 08:01 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
I forgot to mention that there is also an amazing Tire Shine product that again is waterless that cleans and shines both wheels and tires!

Again thanks for your input.

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
Old 04-24-2013, 07:28 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Whats your thought on this....

All - Spring is here and my 190cc lawn mower has been in storage all winter. Now we all know the quality of the paint is no where near the care put on your Mustang...but check out the AMAZING power of waterless wash and protection. I only treated this mower with Croftgate Aquanil X and Tire Shine...and now my mower has a Croftgate finish.

I post this to continue to look for your Pro's and Con's on waterless technology and I am ready to accept your opinions !! Check out these Before and after pics...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00111.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	718.6 KB
ID:	104146   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00112.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	800.9 KB
ID:	104147  

Name:	DSC00118.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	563.6 KB
ID:	104148  

1 of 56 as optioned !!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing