Need some help fixing what a shop messed up - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Need some help fixing what a shop messed up

Ok as some of u know I just got my car back from a hailstorm about a month ago. I'm already hesitant to bring my car to body shops because I know most won't treat your car with the respect and love I would. I'm happy with a lot of the work the shop did, from sanding her down, painting her, and even the new hood I got out of the deal. But he also messed up and/or broke a noticeable amount of things.
1)The driver side panel that holds the power window buttons won't stay down, because he broke the clamp(s) under it.
2)The small wall inside the handle that opens the door from the inside just happened to fall the other day. How do I fix the clamps for both of these?

3)There is overspray on the black liner right above the windows, and on my CS fascia in the front. What to use to paint that kind of black?

4)Lastly my back windshield is ALL scratched up on the lower end. I know it's from him aligning my truck when he put it back on. Then he tried to hide it with a terrible mustang with flames sticker (which is why I ripped that s*** off)..... Besides replacing the windshield, what can I do for that?

Thank you for reading all of this. And thanks in advance for any help y'all can give me. Here's some pics of some of the areas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2363023349.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	238.5 KB
ID:	108295   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1413651868.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	403.3 KB
ID:	108296  

Name:	image-90392898.jpg
Size:	374.7 KB
ID:	108297   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1285890789.jpg
Size:	435.6 KB
ID:	108298  

Name:	image-2962367416.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	346.8 KB
ID:	108299   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1717065365.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	458.1 KB
ID:	108300  

Mustangreazon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2013, 01:45 PM   #2
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangreazon50 View Post
Ok as some of u know I just got my car back from a hailstorm about a month ago. I'm already hesitant to bring my car to body shops because I know most won't treat your car with the respect and love I would. I'm happy with a lot of the work the shop did, from sanding her down, painting her, and even the new hood I got out of the deal. But he also messed up and/or broke a noticeable amount of things.
1)The driver side panel that holds the power window buttons won't stay down, because he broke the clamp(s) under it.
2)The small wall inside the handle that opens the door from the inside just happened to fall the other day. How do I fix the clamps for both of these?

3)There is overspray on the black liner right above the windows, and on my CS fascia in the front. What to use to paint that kind of black?

4)Lastly my back windshield is ALL scratched up on the lower end. I know it's from him aligning my truck when he put it back on. Then he tried to hide it with a terrible mustang with flames sticker (which is why I ripped that s*** off)..... Besides replacing the windshield, what can I do for that?

Thank you for reading all of this. And thanks in advance for any help y'all can give me. Here's some pics of some of the areas.
Most everything some heavy duty rubbing compound will probably take that off..the window idk.. Tell him to replace it.
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

The problem is he had my car for a month and a half to do not perfect work. Id rather wait until I feel like replacing it. But will the heavy duty compound get the paint off and have the black shine like it used too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
The longer you stall on getting the window replaced/repaired, the harder it will be. Especially if you have to take him to court. Go to your local Ford Dealer and buy a couple of clamps.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:24 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Is there a way to repair small scratches on a window without replacing it?
Old 05-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #6
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangreazon50 View Post
Is there a way to repair small scratches on a window without replacing it?
Call window doctor and ask them
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing