Stealth license plate installed - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Just got my stealth plate I ordered from aliexpress.com for $114. Both plate frames, control module, and operating clicker for your keys.

The install took me about 45 mins. I drilled a hole through the bumper for the wire, then fed the wire through a hole I drilled out of the rubber seal in the bottom of the trunk, through the back of the trunk under the back seats like if amp wires, guided them under the side plastic up to the front behind the glove box and through the console as if a trunk release bottom install, zip tying the wire as I went. The wire was the perfect length. Then Drilled a hole throughout the console plate in the den and mounted the control module with 3M tape. And connected all wire. Done real easy. The power wire in a cigarette lighter style plug. Convenient location for module to be hidden.

I haven't installed the indicator light mount showing the plate is covered because I'm changing some of the dash plastics to black and custom painting the dash my body color. And the front plate in Nevada by law I don't need to mount. So no front plate till I get a body kit. I also might custom fit a smoked lens over the frame to give a smoked looked 24/7.

Here's some pictures
And here's a video to check it out. Not sure I can put a video of my own on here.
http://www.stealthperformanceproduct...lth_Plate.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1678887353.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	417.0 KB
ID:	110549   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1461060236.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	390.9 KB
ID:	110550  

Name:	image-2890643677.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	472.8 KB
ID:	110551  
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2013, 07:28 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Now that is sweet right there!!! Nice!
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
Now that is sweet right there!!! Nice!
Thank. Pretty cool. When it just sits there is when I like it most.
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #4
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Bet that works great on the toll roads,lol.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:11 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
So I take it your not worried about being pulled over, since your plate won't be visible?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:11 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Bet that works great on the toll roads,lol.
Got none out here in Las Vegas. But I bet it would work just fine... Lol
Old 05-26-2013, 09:17 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
So I take it your not worried about being pulled over, since your plate won't be visible?
I'll have them showing when it's time for those certain people that need to see them maybe. But NO, not at all. Las Vegas is a little different when it comes to getting ticket taken care of...... I like moving quick through the streets, their for those people that decide to call Black and white on me for putting the pedal to the metal when an opportunity is there... Lol but yes, they will be showing most of the time. I'm not a fan of my money going to the gov. Especially for driving "good"...
Old 05-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
This is incredible! Yet another thing to add to my ever-growing mod list.
Please dear God, protect my sweet ride.

2013 California Specil GT "Tater"
Old 05-30-2013, 02:33 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemK View Post
This is incredible! Yet another thing to add to my ever-growing mod list.
Ya there nice. I love them. I'm about to custom a smoked cover I bought over the frame. Seal it from weather with a mean look.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
That is cool, could come in handy for several reasons.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Can you post more pix it seems like its pretty tinted when showing
Old 06-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Never seen this this .. Can someone give me quick explanation ??? Sorry about the dumbness .. But this looks awesome !!!!! I want !!!
Old 06-01-2013, 11:29 PM   #13
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Looks pretty good, but is there any point to it besides aesthetics?

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 06-02-2013, 02:13 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Now this is badass!
Old 06-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Got it from a website company. Alibaba.com it was like 114 free shipping. I use it for street racing with other cars. No plates no call in when you cut someone off. It's bad ***. I love it it comes with front and rear plate frames, control module, and remote.

There's also this plate frame for 500$ but its bad ***.
http://www.stealthperformanceproduct...TricPlate.html
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-930023148.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	112133  
Old 06-04-2013, 08:59 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

well i sure that alot of us on this forum will disagree with your reasons why you would get it
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
Old 06-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by andregayola View Post
well i sure that alot of us on this forum will disagree with your reasons why you would get it
+1. It looks good. But keep the racing for the track. Other peoples lives are at risk, not to mention your own.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 06-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Lol

2013 GT/CS
Old 06-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

yes so well all agree keep it on the track
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
Old 06-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
yes so well all agree keep it on the track
Amen man. Our insurance rates would be a hell of alot cheaper if that was the case.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 06-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

yepp expecially for you get drivers such as myself who have to pay more because of that
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
Old 06-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
That's so sick dude, I would raise hell with that lol.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
yepp expecially for you get drivers such as myself who have to pay more because of that
Guess we dont get it man lol. Funny how once we get a bit older the repercussions and consequences start to make ALOT more sense to us. Not gonna try and deny that i was never young and did things i shouldn't have, but hopefully some of the youngins learns from the mistakes the older crowd has made, and keeps it on the track.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:56 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedelpen View Post

I'll have them showing when it's time for those certain people that need to see them maybe. But NO, not at all. Las Vegas is a little different when it comes to getting ticket taken care of...... I like moving quick through the streets, their for those people that decide to call Black and white on me for putting the pedal to the metal when an opportunity is there... Lol but yes, they will be showing most of the time. I'm not a fan of my money going to the gov. Especially for driving "good"...
Don't Call it driving good when one day your weaving in between traffic And kill someone. There's something called a track for that.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

+1. It looks good. But keep the racing for the track. Other peoples lives are at risk, not to mention your own.
Well I don't give a **** about his own life being lost but to kill innocent people because you think your hot **** and want to street race that's just stupid and deserve to crash and burn with all do respect.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:58 PM   #25
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedelpen View Post
Got it from a website company. Alibaba.com it was like 114 free shipping. I use it for street racing with other cars. No plates no call in when you cut someone off. It's bad ***. I love it it comes with front and rear plate frames, control module, and remote.

There's also this plate frame for 500$ but its bad ***.
http://www.stealthperformanceproduct...TricPlate.html
So you are the f*cking d!ckwad that causes my insurance to be so high. What the f*ck is wrong with you? Seriously, just get off this forum if you are going to openly talk about street racing like that.

It's people like you that make it so I can only have basic insurance coverage on my car because I can't afford better insurance, even with a perfectly clean record.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Quote:

Guess we dont get it man lol. Funny how once we get a bit older the repercussions and consequences start to make ALOT more sense to us. Not gonna try and deny that i was never young and did things i shouldn't have, but hopefully some of the youngins learns from the mistakes the older crowd has made, and keeps it on the track.
I'm only 18 and always think about the consequences of what will happen if I do something. I'm the only one of my friends that drives a sports car and I drive the most calm out of all of them.

HID end all thread
Old 06-04-2013, 10:58 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

So you are the f*cking d!ckwad that causes my insurance to be so high. What the f*ck is wrong with you? Seriously, just get off this forum if you are going to openly talk about street racing like that.

It's people like you that make it so I can only have basic insurance coverage on my car because I can't afford better insurance, even with a perfectly clean record.
+10000000
Old 06-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm only 18 and always think about the consequences of what will happen if I do something. I'm the only one I my friends that drives a sports car and I drive the most calm out of all of them.
Good man, i wish everyone was like you. People can learn alot from responsible young guys such as yourself, as well as older drivers that have been through it already. Peer pressure is a hard thing to deal with, especially with a fast car. But for the other 98%, unfortunately they will never listen to responsible people (young or old) such as ourselves because they are too nieve to think anything bad will ever happen to them.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:08 PM   #28
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:

Good man, i wish everyone was like you. People can learn alot from responsible young guys such as yourself, as well as older drivers that have been through it already. Peer pressure is a hard thing to deal with, especially with a fast car. But for the other 98%, unfortunately they will never listen to responsible people (young or old) such as ourselves because they are too nieve to think anything bad will ever happen to them.
I'm not going to lie, I did buy a mustang for a reason, I'll get on it some times. If someone does something I may drop a gear and pass them, but I will never race another car on the street. That's what autocross and the drag strip is for. But most of the time on the street it is the other people passing me and sometimes riding my tail because I'm driving the speed limit lol.

HID end all thread
Old 06-04-2013, 11:16 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm not going to lie, I did buy a mustang for a reason, I'll get on it some times. If someone does something I may drop a gear and pass them, but I will never race another car on the street. That's what autocross and the drag strip is for. But most of the time on the street it is the other people passing me and sometimes riding my tail because I'm driving the speed limit lol.
110% agree with you brother. Thats the way the car should be used. If some d***head is tailgating me, its nice to know i can drop a gear and get outta harms way
Old 06-04-2013, 11:18 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

I agree, honestly if you're street racing i hope you dont injure yourself but i do hope you salvage your car, obviously not mature enough to have it anyway and may teach you a lesson before you kill an innocent family.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:26 PM   #31
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I don't want to start a v6 hate here, but he has a 4.0. Who buys a 4.0 and races it? Stock 4.0s aren't fast. I know they can be fast if built up, but those who build their cars usually take them to the track.

HID end all thread
Old 06-05-2013, 02:34 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Sure hope there is a lot of mustangs in your area that are the same color, convertible and the same model, otherwise it won't take long to track you down.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I don't want to start a v6 hate here, but he has a 4.0. Who buys a 4.0 and races it? Stock 4.0s aren't fast. I know they can be fast if built up, but those who build their cars usually take them to the track.
Yup
Old 06-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Not with other people like filling the street. I'm not that crazy man. I do care for others lives.

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

I'm only 18 and always think about the consequences of what will happen if I do something. I'm the only one of my friends that drives a sports car and I drive the most calm out of all of them.
We have place we race. Not in plain traffic. We are smart out here. People just like to call on us. I do respect the indecent people. It's not just for racing! So everyone calm down.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Quote:

I pay 165 for my insurance. I'm not stupid. I've been in my share of accidents. I'm not a dickwick by the way. Appreciate your concern though. I'll metal not that.

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Quote:

110% agree with you brother. Thats the way the car should be used. If some d***head is tailgating me, its nice to know i can drop a gear and get outta harms way
That's what I'm saying. It's not just for racing. I have a sense, a heart for others, but people don't need to be snitching. Mustangs are for speed not to Sunday drive like grandma

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Sure hope there is a lot of mustangs in your area that are the same color, convertible and the same model, otherwise it won't take long to track you down.
True they still got to prove it. And I don't snitch on myself or my fellow racers.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

I've had my share of tickets, accidents, I also have red and blue strobe lights on my grill. Everyone that complains about insurence.... Don't buy cars you can't afford, mines cheap 165 with reckless, speeding, and everything else. Just know how to take care of my sh*t. Anyways have fun
Old 06-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Haha. I want one of those. I can think of several uses for that device that don't include speeding or street racing. Since they are still illegal uses, I wont go into detail. I wouldn't want to soil the minds of some of the "perfect little angels" on here...
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing