Holes In My Fender and Rust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-01-2013, 01:48 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Michael.s.king's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Portland
Region: Maine
Posts: 209
Holes In My Fender and Rust

Hey guys, so I have some holes in my fender right above the wheel. One you can see from the side and then I have about 4 under each fender.

Just wondering If I don't do anything with these will it make it rust over some time? If so, what can I do!? I have a little rust on the strip below the door that you can see in my pictures, can I do anything about this too? To touch it up and/or prevent it from getting worse.

Thanks in advance guys!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3640.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	111572   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3641.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	111573  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3653.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	111574   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3655.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	955.0 KB
ID:	111575  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3656.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	111576  
Michael.s.king is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
FortyBrandon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael.s.king View Post
Hey guys, so I have some holes in my fender right above the wheel. One you can see from the side and then I have about 4 under each fender.

Just wondering If I don't do anything with these will it make it rust over some time? If so, what can I do!? I have a little rust on the strip below the door that you can see in my pictures, can I do anything about this too? To touch it up and/or prevent it from getting worse.

Thanks in advance guys!
Yes
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #3
slow281
Regular
Supporter
 
sixpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cedar Rapids
Region: Nebraska
Posts: 3,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael.s.king View Post
Hey guys, so I have some holes in my fender right above the wheel. One you can see from the side and then I have about 4 under each fender.

Just wondering If I don't do anything with these will it make it rust over some time? If so, what can I do!? I have a little rust on the strip below the door that you can see in my pictures, can I do anything about this too? To touch it up and/or prevent it from getting worse.

Thanks in advance guys!
Cutting it out is the only way to get rid of rust and make sure it rustolium
__________________
Need more Horsepower? Add a sticker. Contact me for vinyl stickers pre-made and custom!
Stick on Horsepower <- Click Here and like my Page!
2001 GT - True Blue
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-01-2013, 04:42 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Michael.s.king's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Portland
Region: Maine
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac View Post
Cutting it out is the only way to get rid of rust and make sure it rustolium
Alright thanks, anyone have any ideas about the holes?
Michael.s.king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:40 PM   #5
slow281
Regular
Supporter
 
sixpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cedar Rapids
Region: Nebraska
Posts: 3,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael.s.king View Post

Alright thanks, anyone have any ideas about the holes?
1 of two things.. Ether someone had this ugly *** fender things or he drilled the holes trying to prevent them fr rusting
__________________
Need more Horsepower? Add a sticker. Contact me for vinyl stickers pre-made and custom!
Stick on Horsepower <- Click Here and like my Page!
2001 GT - True Blue
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:10 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Michael.s.king's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Portland
Region: Maine
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac View Post

1 of two things.. Ether someone had this ugly *** fender things or he drilled the holes trying to prevent them fr rusting
Bingo! Haha look at my pictures, I ripped them off today along with the hubcaps hahah. But now I need to fix these holes and paint the rims! Still looks 100 times better though
Michael.s.king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:20 PM   #7
slow281
Regular
Supporter
 
sixpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cedar Rapids
Region: Nebraska
Posts: 3,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael.s.king View Post

Bingo! Haha look at my pictures, I ripped them off today along with the hubcaps hahah. But now I need to fix these holes and paint the rims! Still looks 100 times better though
Those things are just rust catchers no maser what make model car truck..
__________________
Need more Horsepower? Add a sticker. Contact me for vinyl stickers pre-made and custom!
Stick on Horsepower <- Click Here and like my Page!
2001 GT - True Blue
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:11 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Michael.s.king's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Portland
Region: Maine
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac View Post

Those things are just rust catchers no maser what make model car truck..
Yeah idk why the guy even put them on in the first place
Michael.s.king is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



01:28 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.