Quarter Window Louvers...yea or nea? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #36
Registered Member
Region: Florida
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
Just got quite a bit more CF in this week for the car. The install is going to have to wait until my son drives the car back from school. It will be some big changes: Boss manifold, BBK 90mm TB, Ford Racing Coil Covers, TruCarbon Radiator cover, fuse box cover, Mast Cyl & Batt cover. Pretty much will be done with mods for this car. Going to also switch to a MPT tune once we do the boss mani swap. I bought a boss strut brace and wrapped it in carbon fiber. I have a Lethal Off Road X pipe but after viewing the couple of videos with this ORX and the Magnaflow Competition Cat back system, it will be loud. Maybe too loud! I did unbelievably find an OEM pair of GT500 quad tip axle backs off a '13 GT500 for $60! I bought them in a heartbeat and I am considering doing the switch to the quad tip if the ORX is too loud with the current Magnaflow mufflers. I would keep the axle back pipes so it would be on ORX pipe, resinator delete with Gt500 quad tips. The engine bay will look better when done than the exterior of the car. My side of the garage looks like a parts warehouse. Wife is NOT impressed LOL.
Are you using Vinyl CF Wrap, or are you actually using real CF and gelcoat???

Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #37
Registered Member
Region: Pennsylvania
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
Installed quarter window covers today to match the rear spoiler/front spoiler/hood exhaust and mirrors.
I think they work well on the car.

Originally Posted by Defiant 5.0 View Post
I had Eleanor style louvers for American Muscle. They were on for about a year and then I took them off. The other day, I was riding behind my buddy's 5.0 with the same louvers. I realized how ridiculous they look. I was then very glad I took them off.
I agree. Those ones look like two buckets taped to the side of your car. Just too big and bulky. A more flush type is the way to go IMO if you're going to put them on. The SHR are the ones I like the best.

BlueApollo4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:56 PM   #38
Registered Member
Region: Virginia
I never liked that style louver either but man it does look good on your ride! I say keep it!
Jshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:55 PM   #39
Registered Member
Region: Texas
Are you using Vinyl CF Wrap, or are you actually using real CF and gelcoat???
Real Carbon Fiber w/gel coat and clear coated.
I wrapped the tower brace, CAI heat shield and the pistons on the hood struts with 3m carbon fiber vinyl

Have TONS now, inside and out. Here is the list of Carbon Fiber Parts now:

Exterior- front valance, hood vents, mirrors, quarter window louvers, GT500 Spoiler,License Plate panel,Rear Valance for quad pipes

Engine Bay- Radiator Cover, Coolant Tank, Fuse Box Cover, Cold Air Intake, Battery & Master Cylinder Covers

Interior-Steering Wheel, Entire Console, Window Armrest Panels, Door Locks,

I have learned a TON about carbon fiber parts. I have purchased from 4 companies and TruCarbon is heads above the rest. Seibon looks good, but fitment is for crap on what I have purchased from them. Cervini's fitment great, but not as dark and clear as TruCarbon parts.
Lots of pics in my profile
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 636.49rwhp before Torque Booster added
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:37 AM   #40
Registered Member
Region: Florida
I like that style but I'm not a fan of carbon fiber. That said for CF those look pretty good. I have them on my car just with body color (Sterling Gray also). I'm not a fan of the ones that look like some sort of air intake - as this is not a mid-engined car. But louvers that keep out the sun - I say - YAY.

timle8n1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing