Mustang Evolution Forum banner

MMD black billet fuel door from american muscle.

5K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Boss1651 
#1 ·
Has anybody else had problems with the black mmd fuel doors. I have gone through 3 of them because the black finish keeps turning to a gold color.

#5 ·
Did u buy it from AM? I've seen several guys talkin about having issues with them.

#8 ·
Did u pay for it? The guys I saw were taken care of by AM. They literally replaced it.

#13 ·
I would be happy if mine lasted that long. But my door will turn that gold color in like 2 weeks
Ya I got it from am. I just got my replacement and I went with the shr door this time so we will see how this one goes
I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your fuel door! This seems very odd. Let me look into this for you and we will get to the bottom of this issue! I'm going to reach out to the manufacture, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

I'm glad to hear we hooked you up with the SHR fuel door. You shouldn't run into any problems with that set up!

-Dan

#14 ·
Dan,

I appreciate your response to this thread and I know American Muscle is know for their customer service, however this is not a problem that American Muscle has not known about. When it happened the first time with my daughters, I posted on another Mustang website with another member who was having the same issue. American Muscle responded through that thread that they were not aware of the problem but would make it right. So, not a "new issue" with these gas door covers. My daughters was replaced but it took almost 2 months to do it...the reason at the time, there was a problem with the anodizer doing the work and it was being corrected. Now her replacement is doing the same thing, as are others.

Again the response is I will be looked into..however that was the response on another forum months ago as well. Obviously American Muscle knows there is a problem, but perhaps not how to correct it.

And your last statement about the Silverhorse product and "not going wrong" with that choice does not leave one with a whole lot of confidence in the part that people are having issues with that is not Silverhorse Racing.

I'm just stating my families experience with this issue and not attacking your customer service by any means. We will continue to purchase through your company, just maybe not the anodized products.

Thank you for your time

#15 ·
I stand corrected....it was not another forum, but this one I originally posted on....this is your response from 08/01/13 about this issue. Again, not a new or unknown issue as several people have posted about it. Again, thank you for your time.

"I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your fuel door. This sounds pretty odd but we'll definitely get you a replacement sent out right away! Give my CS team a call and they'll gladly hook you up! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. -Dan"

#16 ·
MMD Fuel Door Fade Problem

Yes, I have this problem too - all my trim is black (Tungsten Grey 2006 Mustang, pictured in my avatar) and now my fuel door is gold..! it kinda makes no sense on my car now but I love the design and its made well otherwise... I paid alot of $$ for it and very disappointed... the customer service rep at AM said "I can give you a discount because you didnt tell us sooner.." I was bummed, and asked what the discount would be - and he said $20 off - I was expecting like half price or better yet a replacement and then they can take it up with MMD manufacturing - AM usually always takes care of me, I spent alot of money on their site and they usually have amazing customer service and fast shipping!! Now I have a car show in three weeks and I dont know if I can get it powdercoated by then... :banghead: I even sent a picture of it to AM, no mention of others having same issue either... Grrr!!

Attachments

#17 ·
I ended up having my daughters powder coated. I took the allen head screws out, asked them not to powder coat the threads. Got it back in 3 days...no problems now, black just like it should be.

I never did get a response after I more or less call AM out on this issue...usually their customer service is very good...however this does not seem to be something they want to deal with or correct. That's to bad....especially offering you a $20 discount after providing a part they know and have known was "faulty"..not good customer service at all.

#18 ·
Boss1651 - thanks for the info, thats good to know and good tip - I wasnt sure the allen screws were removable! That makes the design even better. Well I posted a new thread under "American Muscle" titled "Is AM going to address the MMD fuel door issue" or something to that effect - just FYI, I got a response from Alex today from AM and he said he is going to replace it for me! I was suprised. He also says MMD has since fixed the faulty annodizing issue with their fuel doors - faith in humanity (and AM) restored! Im glad I stumbled upon this forum recently... I had two idiots chime in on the thread who obviously need to brush up on their reading comprehension as well as consume less flouride - but I am glad to see they are a minority - hurling insults while hiding behind a keyboard is not my style...

Well, you take care, man... thanks for the info on the powdercoating process, I may need it for this next one, who knows - and... NICE RIDE !!

#20 ·
No problem at all ...glad the information helped out. AM does have great customer service, but it seems sometimes they make more work for themselves than is needed.

Thanks for the compliment in my car, much appreciated !!! With the silver and black scheme I known yours looks great as well !!!

And I agree with you, hiding behind a keyboard and talking trash is not my style !!

Have a great day

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.