What you use for cleaning - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-23-2013, 11:09 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
What you use for cleaning

What you use for tire shine, wax, interior detailing etc etc.... I have used a lot of different stuff and had my likes and dislikes. Wondering what you guys have found to work best on the cars or personal likes
Rselsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2013, 11:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I've been wondering something myself. What will take fingerprints/smudges off of the interior panel that's over the pass. airbag? I've tried Armor-all wipes and they didn't work. Whatever my daughter had on her fingers left some weird looking prints. Mine is a base GT with cloth interior if that helps.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:24 PM   #3
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorDog009 View Post
I've been wondering something myself. What will take fingerprints/smudges off of the interior panel that's over the pass. airbag? I've tried Armor-all wipes and they didn't work. Whatever my daughter had on her fingers left some weird looking prints. Mine is a base GT with cloth interior if that helps.
Any pics of this?
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2013, 11:29 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rselsing View Post
What you use for tire shine, wax, interior detailing etc etc.... I have used a lot of different stuff and had my likes and dislikes. Wondering what you guys have found to work best on the cars or personal likes
For the exterior, I use Mother's Gold wash/wax, and Mother's Carnuba paste wax, with a buffer. I finish it off with Meguiars Hot Shine for the tires, and Meguiars Trim Black on the plastic.

For the interior, I use Meguiars Interior cleaner. It's alcohol based, and leaves no oily residue.

There are a lot of products out there, but I've had great results with those.
Fader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:02 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I might have to look into some of these things. Some of the things I have used would leave streaks and just would make my mustang look worse I believe. My biggest problem is getting rain and water marks out of my paint.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:05 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Any pics of this?
I can take one tomorrow.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:09 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorDog009 View Post
I got the same problem with you. My little girl has done same thing. I have no idea what she got into but in my wife's car there little marks and stuff all over the place as well. Still haven't found a cleaner or wipe to get the interior nice and clean either.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:16 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I use turtle wax quick detail for black paint
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	125908  
BAD CO. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD CO. View Post
I use turtle wax quick detail for black paint
Dang love your mustang. What size rims and brand are those. Looks damn nice! Yea I used that on my old black truck. Stuff was amazing!
Old 08-26-2013, 09:44 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Rubbing alcohol would should be ok. You can also try Witch Hazel as it has no alcohol in it. Finger Nail polish remover WITHOUT acetone in it.

TRY SPOT TESTING JUST TO MAKE SURE IT WON'T HARM IT.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Dang love your mustang. What size rims and brand are those. Looks damn nice! Yea I used that on my old black truck. Stuff was amazing!
Vossen cv3's 20's on hancook v 12's
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	126106  
Old 08-27-2013, 12:59 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Vossen cv3's 20's on hancook v 12's
Yea love the look. I'm still debating on what rims and tires to get and if I should lower mine a little or not
Old 08-27-2013, 01:08 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So many rim choices You gotta drop her a little to high out of the factory that drop adds so much to the look.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So many rim choices You gotta drop her a little to high out of the factory that drop adds so much to the look.
Yea I was thinking of doing a one inch drop on mine. Gotta find the pics of the couple of rims I been looking at. Debating between 19s or 20s.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:40 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea I was thinking of doing a one inch drop on mine. Gotta find the pics of the couple of rims I been looking at. Debating between 19s or 20s.
Drop it an inch eibach pro line springs and throw some 20'a on it it will look slammin
Old 08-27-2013, 01:42 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

You know how much normally those runs and if its a decent install for someone. Not a beginner at working on cars but never lowered one that's for sure.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Springs are about 199 install is not that hard if you are mechanically inclined
Old 08-29-2013, 06:11 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

So I won't have to worry that bad with a one inch drop with 20 inch rims. Might have to get that next pay check. Have it lowered then wait for my new rims and tires.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:04 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So I won't have to worry that bad with a one inch drop with 20 inch rims. Might have to get that next pay check. Have it lowered then wait for my new rims and tires.
That's the way to go
Old 09-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
I might have to look into some of these things. Some of the things I have used would leave streaks and just would make my mustang look worse I believe. My biggest problem is getting rain and water marks out of my paint.
Turtle ice claywash,followed with ice wax gets it Wright off.I just did mine other day,she looks like brand new again.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Zaino ultimate show car kit. Anything less is uncivilized.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Hawaii
Chemical guys! I recently switched to them and won't ever go back. I used there products in my old Evo X and continue to use them in my GT and Ducati.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:00 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Only CroftgateUSA fir me and all my rides....

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
GTYUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

I've used croftgate and chemical brothers before, and zaino makes them look like amateur products.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:19 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

No way I switched from Zaino. For me chemical guys had the advantage. Better results for me and a little cheaper. Plus they have a huge range of products. Hmmmm stripper accent car freshner
Old 09-06-2013, 10:40 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwevert View Post
No way I switched from Zaino. For me chemical guys had the advantage. Better results for me and a little cheaper. Plus they have a huge range of products. Hmmmm stripper accent car freshner
zaino is so time consuming which turns most off plus people rarely use it correctly. Chemical bros is about as good as meguiars. They are near the top in detail products but chemical bros has one problem and that's been it's inability to last in high temperature climates. Of course I've only tested it myself in 120 degree summers in az. I zaino the mustang once a month for shows and my other vehicles I use meguiars with a dual action polisher every season.

Zaino has a huuuuge array of products as well. Come on now.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:43 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Too each his own. I've lived in south Texas for three years and now in Hawaii for the last two years and chemical guys had worked wonders for me. Especially with all the mud rain and salt in Hawaii. But like I said too each its own. I usually hit the car with the DA polish one a quarter.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:27 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Full Zaino treatment if its really dirty or I want it spotless, Turtle Wax Ice for a weekly wash.
Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:15 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Been using Jax Wax products.

2013 Shelby GT500 Born 12/06/2012 number 439 of 530 in DIB and 1 of 9 with Red Stripes over the top and on the seats
Mlarv5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

IMO all great products mentioned on this thread. And even though am am 100% converted to Croftgate from exterior to interior the most important factor is that you stick with one family of products. What I mean is, if you like Meg's then stick with it for wash, wax, etc...same thing for zaino or any other brand. I firmly believe that once you find the product line up that's fits your budget, performs as you wish, and is available...then stay with it 100%.

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
Old 09-26-2013, 04:22 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

GTYUP introduced me to Croftgate, and I can attest to how good that stuff is. I use the wash n wax and Project X

Name:	ForumRunner_20130926_042140.png
Views:	152
Size:	500.1 KB
ID:	130356

Looks good for 9 yr old paint.
Borla S-Type stingers, BAMA SCT tuner, K & N Typhoon CAI, Classic Design Concepts light bar, MACH 1 chin spoiler, MACH 1000 w JVC Kvw 500 HU, plastidipped hood scoop, wing & Premium GT rims, painted calipers, 3.73 gears, black Bullitt fuel door, MMD hood struts, sub-frame connectors, SVE uca & lca, Power Stop drilled/slotted rotors
Peterzinyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:44 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterzinyou View Post
GTYUP introduced me to Croftgate, and I can attest to how good that stuff is. I use the wash n wax and Project X Looks good for 9 yr old paint.
Looking awesome!

1 of 56 as optioned !!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing