Black paint - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-10-2013, 11:14 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Black paint

Okay so anyone that has a black stang knows the trouble of keeping dust off. They look so sexy when clean tho. My question to you guys is what wax do you use on black paint I want to get a nice gloss finish like it did when I got from the factory. Is there any special wax for black cars?
Torchredfrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2013, 12:54 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Swiffer dusters do a good job of keeping the dust off between detailing.

Static
Static_LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:24 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Buy the zanio kit, worth every penny.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Zaino excellent product...and have used many times. Currently I use Croftgate Quick n Slick does a great job repelling dust and great shine and protection. I have not tried the new black or white waxes yet..but would love to hear how those are working...I think Meg's is putting those out.

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
GTYUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTYUP View Post
Zaino excellent product...and have used many times. Currently I use Croftgate Quick n Slick does a great job repelling dust and great shine and protection. I have not tried the new black or white waxes yet..but would love to hear how those are working...I think Meg's is putting those out.
Yea I seen them might just try that this weekend
Torchredfrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Gotta say the black wax is awesome if you follow it up with a good compound wax with a sealant a simple wipe down between detailing will work wonders. I did mine before mustang week and the whole time I was there all I had to do was simply spray it off and dry and BAM shines like a new penny. Lol
kript2night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kript2night View Post
Gotta say the black wax is awesome if you follow it up with a good compound wax with a sealant a simple wipe down between detailing will work wonders. I did mine before mustang week and the whole time I was there all I had to do was simply spray it off and dry and BAM shines like a new penny. Lol
Great to know....my commitment to Croftgate is primarily because it is waterless and can detail anywhere anytime.....with amazing results. While at the show what were you using to spray off the car? I will have to do some testing with the black and white waxes and see how they do....plus I need to add more to my collection of products as I always remain curious on other products.

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
Old 09-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I did the maguires clay bar followed by the black wax followed by a new carbanna wax maguires put out cant remember the name. At the show just washed it off at the car was with the pressure washer. I did the drying in sections using a terry cloth rag to soak the water the a microfiber towel to do the finish drying. They maybe some pics on my profile from the show.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I did the maguires clay bar followed by the black wax followed by a new carbanna wax maguires put out cant remember the name. At the show just washed it off at the car was with the pressure washer. I did the drying in sections using a terry cloth rag to soak the water the a microfiber towel to do the finish drying. They maybe some pics on my profile from the show.
Gotcha....just my two cents....but stay away from terry cloth and stick only with quality MF towels...a good quality MF will soak up water better and not induce any micro marring. Thanks for update on the black wax....appreciate it.

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
Old 09-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

No problem.... I couldn't get the micro towel to absorb so used the cloth to just soak it up I new better than to make any movements due to fine scratches that I didn't want
Old 09-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No problem.... I couldn't get the micro towel to absorb so used the cloth to just soak it up I new better than to make any movements due to fine scratches that I didn't want
A quality MF towel does an awesome job on absorption. Look in Autogeek.net for various brands and sizes....remember price equals quality. Also never ever dry your MF. Towels in a heated dryer....I always clean my towels, rinse them and allow to air dry. If you wash in a machine use about half normal usage and never any softeners....good towels when taken care of will last a long time.

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
Old 09-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

thank you for the info

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing