Hard water spots? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
NFloris_05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Brentwood
Region: California
Posts: 112
Hard water spots?

I have to park my car right next to our sprinkler system everyday, and every morning my car faces the wrath of the sprinklers. I have very noticeable hard water damage on my passenger side, and it's ugly. No matter how much I wash my car, they reappear after about 20 minutes. I currently use Coral Blue car wash liquid, and it helps a little bit, but not a whole lot. Does anyone know how I can get rid of the hard water spots? Any advice is much appreciated! Thanks!
NFloris_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
94gtconvert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ny
Region: New York
Posts: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFloris_05 View Post
I have to park my car right next to our sprinkler system everyday, and every morning my car faces the wrath of the sprinklers. I have very noticeable hard water damage on my passenger side, and it's ugly. No matter how much I wash my car, they reappear after about 20 minutes. I currently use Coral Blue car wash liquid, and it helps a little bit, but not a whole lot. Does anyone know how I can get rid of the hard water spots? Any advice is much appreciated! Thanks!
I have a water softener so I use the valve on my house that is the softened water witch seems to help. I you can't get your hands on that then go to autozone, advanced auto parts, etc... And pickup a Shamie, no not the sham wow. Mine is made by the brand called THE ABSORBER so I would get that one it's the best, also dry the car ASAP after you clean it, I wash a panel the dry it immediately and move to the next without getting the proviso us one wet. If all else fails buy miguires ultimate rubbing compound and polish the water marks out. My other car is black so I know the feeling of water marks and my 20 year old stangs paint looked horrible, but I polished it with miguires and it looks like glass!
94gtconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:20 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
NFloris_05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Brentwood
Region: California
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94gtconvert View Post
I have a water softener so I use the valve on my house that is the softened water witch seems to help. I you can't get your hands on that then go to autozone, advanced auto parts, etc... And pickup a Shamie, no not the sham wow. Mine is made by the brand called THE ABSORBER so I would get that one it's the best, also dry the car ASAP after you clean it, I wash a panel the dry it immediately and move to the next without getting the proviso us one wet. If all else fails buy miguires ultimate rubbing compound and polish the water marks out. My other car is black so I know the feeling of water marks and my 20 year old stangs paint looked horrible, but I polished it with miguires and it looks like glass!
Awesome. Thanks! And I try to dry it ASAP after washes too haha. I'll definitely pick some of that up this weekend. Thanks again!
NFloris_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-25-2013, 11:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jayjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: California
Posts: 458
They sell a detailed spray for after you wash you spray it and dry it off... It help remove my old water marks that I just to get.. Also wax the car more often to help eliminate them.
Jayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:08 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
NFloris_05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Brentwood
Region: California
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjay View Post
They sell a detailed spray for after you wash you spray it and dry it off... It help remove my old water marks that I just to get.. Also wax the car more often to help eliminate them.
What's this spray called? And where can I pick some up? Sounds exactly like what I've been looking for lol.
NFloris_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:14 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bgr8609's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Kalamazoo
Region: Michigan
Posts: 53
I used to have the same problem, you can either get a polishing kit, or a clay bar kit. I use the mothers clay bar kit, and it took all the water marks away. It comes with detailer, 2 clay bars and a microfiber towel.
Bgr8609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:25 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jayjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: California
Posts: 458
You could find it at any local auto parts, I used the detail spray I believe it was from Mothers. All brands sell them now. Look for the spray that's for detailing or quick wax... I can't tell u exactly the one I have because my car has been at the dealer for almost 3 months and my car stuff is in the trunk
I found this one from auto zone should be almost the same

I like using the one from mothers and
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1747921309.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	130338  
Jayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:26 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
NewMtang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94gtconvert View Post
I have a water softener so I use the valve on my house that is the softened water witch seems to help. I you can't get your hands on that then go to autozone, advanced auto parts, etc... And pickup a Shamie, no not the sham wow. Mine is made by the brand called THE ABSORBER so I would get that one it's the best, also dry the car ASAP after you clean it, I wash a panel the dry it immediately and move to the next without getting the proviso us one wet. If all else fails buy miguires ultimate rubbing compound and polish the water marks out. My other car is black so I know the feeling of water marks and my 20 year old stangs paint looked horrible, but I polished it with miguires and it looks like glass!
Before you try using rubbing compound, try using a polishing compound. Nu Finish Polish Auto Polish. If that doesn't work, then you can try a polishing compound, it's in a can. If that doesn't work, then you can try a rubbing compound. After you use whichever works, then use a good auto wax.

Find another place to park.
__________________
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:26 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jayjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: California
Posts: 458
You could also buy those kits or individually on amazon
Jayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:06 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
GTYUP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Park Ridge
Region: Illinois
Posts: 313
Just my two cents....but I would invest in a quality Micro Fiber towel and not any type of shammy. In most cases the shammy will instill micro marring where a quality MF towel will not. As far as spray detail or wash n wax ....ensure it does not contain any petroleum or harsh detergents. There are many very good products...and you simply need to do your homework and use a product that properly protects your vehicle. No matter the product...a MF towel the most important parts of safe cleaning and protection. Hope this helps.... And you need to make sure that hard water does not etch your clear coat otherwise you will need to most likely use a machine to level it down. Sun and water....will get you everytime.
__________________
2011Premium Grabber Blue GT Convertible -GTYUP

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
GTYUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:14 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
94gtconvert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ny
Region: New York
Posts: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFloris_05 View Post
Awesome. Thanks! And I try to dry it ASAP after washes too haha. I'll definitely pick some of that up this weekend. Thanks again!
No problem, and the other guy Is right try a polish alone before a compound, btw never buy turtle products they suck and scratch your paint. I only use meguires products. There all guaranteed to be clear cot safe
94gtconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



04:28 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.