To Chrome The Mustang Or Not To Chrome... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
clflorida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Barling
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 646
To Chrome The Mustang Or Not To Chrome...

So i was playing GTA V and i got bored after looking for the Mustang(still havent found one sob) for a few hours and went to the spray shop. I noticed a repaint option called chrome. I thought it looked pretty BA. So i wondered if anyones done that to a mustang? And they have! It looked quite nice. Has anyone on this site chromed their mustang? I know its expensive but Ive always liked to be different...

Also, and dont lie, who would rock that pink mustang? I know one of yall would..
Attached Images
     
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
McNassty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 600
If I could afford it I would love the chrome

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

And you will find a Mustang on GTA V eventually and than they will be everywhere
McNassty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #3
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: grande prairie
Region: Canada
Posts: 495
you can get a chrome wrap for your car for like 2k installed here. see civics even rocking it.. its played out to me but whatever you think looks good
Mustangman705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
NewMtang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by clflorida View Post
So i was playing GTA V and i got bored after looking for the Mustang(still havent found one sob) for a few hours and went to the spray shop. I noticed a repaint option called chrome. I thought it looked pretty BA. So i wondered if anyones done that to a mustang? And they have! It looked quite nice. Has anyone on this site chromed their mustang? I know its expensive but Ive always liked to be different...

Also, and dont lie, who would rock that pink mustang? I know one of yall would..
Don't remember her name in here, but there is a girl in Germany that has pink stripes on her car. No doubt, she would be in the pink mustang.

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by clflorida View Post
So i was playing GTA V and i got bored after looking for the Mustang(still havent found one sob) for a few hours and went to the spray shop. I noticed a repaint option called chrome. I thought it looked pretty BA. So i wondered if anyones done that to a mustang? And they have! It looked quite nice. Has anyone on this site chromed their mustang? I know its expensive but Ive always liked to be different...

Also, and dont lie, who would rock that pink mustang? I know one of yall would..
ashpow24, found her and dropped her a note.
__________________
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
clflorida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Barling
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman705 View Post
you can get a chrome wrap for your car for like 2k installed here. see civics even rocking it.. its played out to me but whatever you think looks good
I guess it just where you live. Here in Arkansas you mostly see a bunch of old rusted or goofy looking lowriders and trucks. Ive actually never seen a chromed car irl. Unless you count that one in the doritos commercial. Thats not bad of a price...but will it last?...

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNassty View Post
If I could afford it I would love the chrome

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

And you will find a Mustang on GTA V eventually and than they will be everywhere
Me too! And i read that also...i was looking forward to having the only mustang on the road..

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

Don't remember her name in here, but there is a girl in Germany that has pink stripes on her car. No doubt, she would be in the pink mustang.

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------



ashpow24, found her and dropped her a note.
Doin the most! Lol
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #6
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: grande prairie
Region: Canada
Posts: 495
the shop here that does car wraps gives you a 5 year warranty.. im sure you have seen wrapped vehicles in person before... busses usually have wraps or company vehicles.. yah there pretty durrable
Mustangman705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:10 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Missouri Hoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Lebanon
Region: Missouri
Posts: 265
These guys in Fenton, MO striped my car. They do some nice chrome wraps. Here's some of their work:

Gallery - Chrome
Missouri Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
clflorida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Barling
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri Hoss View Post
These guys in Fenton, MO striped my car. They do some nice chrome wraps. Here's some of their work:

Gallery - Chrome
How much.did it cost? Or is it in the link? Btw everytime i see your name i think it says "hoes"....
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:36 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
NewMtang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by clflorida View Post
How much.did it cost? Or is it in the link? Btw everytime i see your name i think it says "hoes"....
I don't mind polishing the rims but no way on polishing the whole car.
__________________
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:04 AM   #10
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
I've spent X amount of dollars removing all the chrome from my car. So, no.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:25 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
clflorida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Barling
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

I don't mind polishing the rims but no way on polishing the whole car.
Any particular reason why? You just dont like the look? It would be kinda weird but i like the "only guy with a chrome mustang factor.."

---------- Post added at 03:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
I've spent X amount of dollars removing all the chrome from my car. So, no.
Why did you remove it? If you dont mind sharing...
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:55 AM   #12
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by clflorida View Post
Why did you remove it? If you dont mind sharing...
I more less did it because I like the clean look of a debadged car. It really doesn't matter that those parts were chrome. It's just my preference.

Also, the area I live in has a lot of people who will put all the chrome stick on bling that can carry on their cars thanks to autozone.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:24 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
NewMtang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by clflorida View Post
Any particular reason why? You just dont like the look? It would be kinda weird but i like the "only guy with a chrome mustang factor.."

---------- Post added at 03:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 AM ----------



Why did you remove it? If you dont mind sharing...
The first mustang in all chrome, could be Illegal and looks like it could affect others reflecting the light. I saw a 1981 DeLorean that had been buffed to a shine. The minute the sun hit it, it was bright. The dealer who purchased it, eventually painted it, didn't want the liability to bite him back.
__________________
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:36 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
clflorida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Barling
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

The first mustang in all chrome, could be Illegal and looks like it could affect others reflecting the light. I saw a 1981 DeLorean that had been buffed to a shine. The minute the sun hit it, it was bright. The dealer who purchased it, eventually painted it, didn't want the liability to bite him back.
Its look cool but the legal part is a big question. I don't think it reflects the sun as much, but at night when people are behind you with their lights on...I wonder if its blinding? Ive looked on Google and no one really has proof of it being illegal. There was also a story of how a man bought his wife a chromed car and no one would insure it. I wish I'd know how it was as a DD...
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:13 AM   #15
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
One word: yuck
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:28 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
clflorida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Barling
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
One word: yuck
Just wondering what age group are you in? 20s, 30s,...
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:30 AM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by clflorida

Just wondering what age group are you in? 20s, 30s,...
I'm 20's and I agree...would not look remotely good.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:39 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
clflorida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Barling
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

I'm 20's and I agree...would not look remotely good.
Yes. Ive noticed more older people on other forums have found chrome cars to be tacky and ugly. While people around my age(teens) have found them to be sweet ***..
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:53 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
06REDF1RE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
I'm 20's and I agree...would not look remotely good.
+1 20's here too and it looks ugly IMO
__________________
2004 GT Premium Package: mach 1 grille delete, 8" shorty antenna, CDC lightbar, borla stingers, UPR o/r x, Black chrome bumper inserts, redline tuning hood struts, white face gauges, raxiom smoked tail lights.
Born on 3/31/04
06REDF1RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:28 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
2 Stangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 2,093
I love the Vapid Dominator (GTA V's version of a Ford Mustang). As for the chrome though, I don't think that will look good. When I think of "chroming" a car, I think of the people who chrome their Bugatti or Ferrari and I just sit there asking myself why...
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:22 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.