To Chrome The Mustang Or Not To Chrome... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
To Chrome The Mustang Or Not To Chrome...

So i was playing GTA V and i got bored after looking for the Mustang(still havent found one sob) for a few hours and went to the spray shop. I noticed a repaint option called chrome. I thought it looked pretty BA. So i wondered if anyones done that to a mustang? And they have! It looked quite nice. Has anyone on this site chromed their mustang? I know its expensive but Ive always liked to be different...

Also, and dont lie, who would rock that pink mustang? I know one of yall would..
Attached Images

clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

If I could afford it I would love the chrome

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

And you will find a Mustang on GTA V eventually and than they will be everywhere
McNassty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
you can get a chrome wrap for your car for like 2k installed here. see civics even rocking it.. its played out to me but whatever you think looks good
Mustangman705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by clflorida View Post
So i was playing GTA V and i got bored after looking for the Mustang(still havent found one sob) for a few hours and went to the spray shop. I noticed a repaint option called chrome. I thought it looked pretty BA. So i wondered if anyones done that to a mustang? And they have! It looked quite nice. Has anyone on this site chromed their mustang? I know its expensive but Ive always liked to be different...

Also, and dont lie, who would rock that pink mustang? I know one of yall would..
Don't remember her name in here, but there is a girl in Germany that has pink stripes on her car. No doubt, she would be in the pink mustang.

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Quote:

ashpow24, found her and dropped her a note.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman705 View Post
you can get a chrome wrap for your car for like 2k installed here. see civics even rocking it.. its played out to me but whatever you think looks good
I guess it just where you live. Here in Arkansas you mostly see a bunch of old rusted or goofy looking lowriders and trucks. Ive actually never seen a chromed car irl. Unless you count that one in the doritos commercial. Thats not bad of a price...but will it last?...

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNassty View Post
If I could afford it I would love the chrome

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

And you will find a Mustang on GTA V eventually and than they will be everywhere
Me too! And i read that also...i was looking forward to having the only mustang on the road..

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

Don't remember her name in here, but there is a girl in Germany that has pink stripes on her car. No doubt, she would be in the pink mustang.

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

ashpow24, found her and dropped her a note.
Doin the most! Lol
Old 10-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
the shop here that does car wraps gives you a 5 year warranty.. im sure you have seen wrapped vehicles in person before... busses usually have wraps or company vehicles.. yah there pretty durrable
Mustangman705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:10 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
These guys in Fenton, MO striped my car. They do some nice chrome wraps. Here's some of their work:

Gallery - Chrome
Missouri Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri Hoss View Post
These guys in Fenton, MO striped my car. They do some nice chrome wraps. Here's some of their work:

Gallery - Chrome
How much.did it cost? Or is it in the link? Btw everytime i see your name i think it says "hoes"....
Old 10-03-2013, 12:36 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
How much.did it cost? Or is it in the link? Btw everytime i see your name i think it says "hoes"....
I don't mind polishing the rims but no way on polishing the whole car.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:04 AM   #10
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
I've spent X amount of dollars removing all the chrome from my car. So, no.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:25 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I don't mind polishing the rims but no way on polishing the whole car.
Any particular reason why? You just dont like the look? It would be kinda weird but i like the "only guy with a chrome mustang factor.."

---------- Post added at 03:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
I've spent X amount of dollars removing all the chrome from my car. So, no.
Why did you remove it? If you dont mind sharing...
Old 10-03-2013, 03:55 AM   #12
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
I more less did it because I like the clean look of a debadged car. It really doesn't matter that those parts were chrome. It's just my preference.

Also, the area I live in has a lot of people who will put all the chrome stick on bling that can carry on their cars thanks to autozone.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:24 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Any particular reason why? You just dont like the look? It would be kinda weird but i like the "only guy with a chrome mustang factor.."

---------- Post added at 03:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 AM ----------

The first mustang in all chrome, could be Illegal and looks like it could affect others reflecting the light. I saw a 1981 DeLorean that had been buffed to a shine. The minute the sun hit it, it was bright. The dealer who purchased it, eventually painted it, didn't want the liability to bite him back.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:36 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The first mustang in all chrome, could be Illegal and looks like it could affect others reflecting the light. I saw a 1981 DeLorean that had been buffed to a shine. The minute the sun hit it, it was bright. The dealer who purchased it, eventually painted it, didn't want the liability to bite him back.
Its look cool but the legal part is a big question. I don't think it reflects the sun as much, but at night when people are behind you with their lights on...I wonder if its blinding? Ive looked on Google and no one really has proof of it being illegal. There was also a story of how a man bought his wife a chromed car and no one would insure it. I wish I'd know how it was as a DD...
Old 10-04-2013, 05:13 AM   #15
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
One word: yuck
Old 10-04-2013, 05:28 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
One word: yuck
Just wondering what age group are you in? 20s, 30s,...
Old 10-04-2013, 05:30 AM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by clflorida

Just wondering what age group are you in? 20s, 30s,...
I'm 20's and I agree...would not look remotely good.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:39 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

Yes. Ive noticed more older people on other forums have found chrome cars to be tacky and ugly. While people around my age(teens) have found them to be sweet ***..
Old 10-04-2013, 06:53 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
+1 20's here too and it looks ugly IMO
2004 GT Premium Package: mach 1 grille delete, 8" shorty antenna, CDC lightbar, borla stingers, UPR o/r x, Black chrome bumper inserts, redline tuning hood struts, white face gauges, raxiom smoked tail lights.
Born on 3/31/04
06REDF1RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:28 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I love the Vapid Dominator (GTA V's version of a Ford Mustang). As for the chrome though, I don't think that will look good. When I think of "chroming" a car, I think of the people who chrome their Bugatti or Ferrari and I just sit there asking myself why...
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing