Super Snake stripe info?! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-07-2013, 10:24 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Super Snake stripe info?!

Okay guys I'm considering getting the Super Snake stripe set up on my car, if I got it would be in black! What's y'all's opinion on this look? What are the pros and cons of having the decal vs having it painted? What would y'all get? And right now I'm leaning towards having it painted so where should I go to get this done and how much do you think it will cost me if I decide to go through with it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3366368364.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	550.8 KB
ID:	131762

Name:	image-32238919.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	431.5 KB
ID:	131763

Name:	image-321198646.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	426.5 KB
ID:	131764
ArlingtonStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	image-3963969628.jpg
Views:	1028
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	131766

This is the Super Snake stripe btw
Old 10-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I'd definitely get it in vinyl. The final cost of that will probably be around $500. If you decide to get it painted on, probably around $1,500 or more because both bumpers, the hood, roof, and trunk will have to be completely repainted. Plus, nothing beats the factory paint job in terms of quality.

Here's what your pony would look like with matte black vinyl:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2013-gt-wht-matte-black-super-snake-lrg.jpg
Views:	8293
Size:	290.1 KB
ID:	131773  
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Paint would last longer iv read post in here how the vinyl getting stained. And the only real cost of painting the stripes is taping them off other wise its simple
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:08 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

If you take care of your vehicle and use high quality vinyl (with a professional install) then there's not much to worry about.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
As far as i remember they all them professionally installed and all took care of the car
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
My local Ford dealer said they often order direct from ProMotor Stripes' eBay store. I trusted their word after seeing a few cars on the lot. I ordered mine here.
It's quality 3M automotive vinyl. They also sold an extra 3 foot section for $15 in case I need it in the future.

I chose to have it professionally installed verses fighting with it myself. Not pics yet. I will drop it off to the installer later this week.
SixBang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:59 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Paint is great, but obviously permanent. Vinyl is superb these days as long as you know what you're doing (if installing yourself). I highly recommend professional application.

As others have said, definitely go with a high quality 7mm or 10mm vinyl. Matte looks pretty sick; I was thinking about doing the same but with a charcoal grey color.

I've been torn between paint and vinyl for some time. My honest opinion: if you take long enough to decide what color/style to get, then go vinyl. Chances are you'll change your mind. Paint would be an obvious headache in this case lol. Looks great regardless of what you do, my friend!
Please dear God, protect my sweet ride.

2013 California Specil GT "Tater"
jdemK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:14 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBang View Post
My local Ford dealer said they often order direct from ProMotor Stripes' eBay store. I trusted their word after seeing a few cars on the lot. I ordered mine here. It's quality 3M automotive vinyl. They also sold an extra 3 foot section for $15 in case I need it in the future. I chose to have it professionally installed verses fighting with it myself. Not pics yet. I will drop it off to the installer later this week.
Love it! I want the same for my silver gt, but I'm wondering if they make it for all styles of spoilers. Since these are pre cut, that is. They mentioned they make with or without satellite antenna cutout, but nothing else.
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Fender,

Email the seller and have them add an extra 2 feet of material to your order. It will come pre-masked just like the other sections. That should be plenty to do any spoiler. Just toss (or save) the precut pieces for the OEM spoiler.

I had mine installed this morning. Here are a few pics. I do plan to replace the rocker panel stripes with some to match the new Super Snake stripes.

SixBang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Fender, Email the seller and have them add an extra 2 feet of material to your order. It will come pre-masked just like the other sections. That should be plenty to do any spoiler. Just toss (or save) the precut pieces for the OEM spoiler. I had mine installed this morning. Here are a few pics. I do plan to replace the rocker panel stripes with some to match the new Super Snake stripes.
That looks great! I will do that! I just have the camera spoiler and I know it it's not entirely the same. Either way, a shop will be handling the install since I am no expert at laying things nicely. Thanks a lot,
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:58 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Fender,

Email the seller and have them add an extra 2 feet of material to your order. It will come pre-masked just like the other sections. That should be plenty to do any spoiler. Just toss (or save) the precut pieces for the OEM spoiler.

I had mine installed this morning. Here are a few pics. I do plan to replace the rocker panel stripes with some to match the new Super Snake stripes.

Sweet. Really makes the car look badass
3.31 gears
On order
Starsky007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

With the vinyl would I need to worry about anything when washing my car with anything? Wax/ normal wash/ clay bars etc.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonStang View Post
With the vinyl would I need to worry about anything when washing my car with anything? Wax/ normal wash/ clay bars etc.
All I can tell you is don't get paint wax on your vinyl. I've never had to worry ab it, but I'm sure when you're applying wax just tape of the outer end of the vinyl with painters tape so you can wax freely. I'm also sure there's some sort of "wax" or product only for vinyl as well.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing