Plasti dip question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-17-2013, 12:13 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
AmericanBulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix
Region: Arizona
Posts: 242
Plasti dip question

has anyone done the dip with the gloss, would it look close to real paint or is it obvious its still originally matte.

I'm looking to dip the car and have contacted a couple of guys for price. One of them told me the glossifer only makes it look wet? not sure what that really means lol. The quote i asked was for a dark red but they don't have that apparently so just normal red. They would paint the whole car excluding the roof and door handles(im thinking leaving the hood black too) red for $500 and also dip the wheels black. Do yall think that's a fair price?

i was thinking of doing white... but he said that if it gets dirty it stays dirty? that seemed odd to me. Would you suggest a different color than red? my minds not made up for sure lol
AmericanBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-17-2013, 12:17 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Milehigh BKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Denver
Region: Colorado
Posts: 768
Are the guys who gave you a quote part of a business or what?
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:18 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Do it youreself and save youreself a few hundred dollars. The glossifier doesn't really look glossy at all, I would recommend 3m gloss over dip if anything. White can be cleaned off, we've done several wheels white and you can wash em clean like any other color.
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-17-2013, 12:20 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Milehigh BKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Denver
Region: Colorado
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
Do it youreself and save youreself a few hundred dollars. The glossifier doesn't really look glossy at all, I would recommend 3m gloss over dip if anything. White can be cleaned off, we've done several wheels white and you can wash em clean like any other color.
+1 $500 is pretty steep for dipping your car. Just do it yourself. Dipyourcar.com has some good videos to help you out.
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:27 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
AmericanBulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix
Region: Arizona
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutBKR View Post
Are the guys who gave you a quote part of a business or what?
Um... i didn't ask if they had a business license lol but... honestly i don't know i guess that's important for insurance purposes.
AmericanBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:28 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Milehigh BKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Denver
Region: Colorado
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBulldog View Post
Um... i didn't ask if they had a business license lol but... honestly i don't know i guess that's important for insurance purposes.
No I meant is it a business that's quoting you or someone you know that will just do it as side-job for you?
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:31 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
AmericanBulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix
Region: Arizona
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
Do it youreself and save youreself a few hundred dollars. The glossifier doesn't really look glossy at all, I would recommend 3m gloss over dip if anything. White can be cleaned off, we've done several wheels white and you can wash em clean like any other color.

I figured it could be cleaned. The only reason i don't do it myself is because we don't have a paint booth at the shop so... there's a lot of airborne crap especially in AZ to interfere. We can handle like louvers and stuff but not whole vehicles sadly.

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutBKR View Post
No I meant is it a business that's quoting you or someone you know that will just do it as side-job for you?
Oh a business.

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

do you guys think the camo green would look good? i'm kinda liking it more than the red.
AmericanBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:34 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Milehigh BKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Denver
Region: Colorado
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBulldog View Post
I figured it could be cleaned. The only reason i don't do it myself is because we don't have a paint booth at the shop so... there's a lot of airborne crap especially in AZ to interfere. We can handle like louvers and stuff but not whole vehicles sadly. ---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ---------- Oh a business. ---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ---------- do you guys think the camo green would look good? i'm kinda liking it more than the red.
What color rims?
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:37 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
AmericanBulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix
Region: Arizona
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutBKR View Post
What color rims?

It was quoted for black. But i've been looking at new rims and possibly polished aluminum since chrome seem to have quite a weight to them lol.
AmericanBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:52 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Milehigh BKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Denver
Region: Colorado
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBulldog View Post
It was quoted for black. But i've been looking at new rims and possibly polished aluminum since chrome seem to have quite a weight to them lol.
If you're gonna go with army green.. I'd suggest black rims.
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



01:15 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.