Plasti dip question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-17-2013, 12:13 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Plasti dip question

has anyone done the dip with the gloss, would it look close to real paint or is it obvious its still originally matte.

I'm looking to dip the car and have contacted a couple of guys for price. One of them told me the glossifer only makes it look wet? not sure what that really means lol. The quote i asked was for a dark red but they don't have that apparently so just normal red. They would paint the whole car excluding the roof and door handles(im thinking leaving the hood black too) red for $500 and also dip the wheels black. Do yall think that's a fair price?

i was thinking of doing white... but he said that if it gets dirty it stays dirty? that seemed odd to me. Would you suggest a different color than red? my minds not made up for sure lol
AmericanBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2013, 12:17 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Are the guys who gave you a quote part of a business or what?
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:18 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Do it youreself and save youreself a few hundred dollars. The glossifier doesn't really look glossy at all, I would recommend 3m gloss over dip if anything. White can be cleaned off, we've done several wheels white and you can wash em clean like any other color.
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2013, 12:20 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
Do it youreself and save youreself a few hundred dollars. The glossifier doesn't really look glossy at all, I would recommend 3m gloss over dip if anything. White can be cleaned off, we've done several wheels white and you can wash em clean like any other color.
+1 $500 is pretty steep for dipping your car. Just do it yourself. Dipyourcar.com has some good videos to help you out.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:27 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutBKR View Post
Are the guys who gave you a quote part of a business or what?
Um... i didn't ask if they had a business license lol but... honestly i don't know i guess that's important for insurance purposes.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:28 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBulldog View Post
Um... i didn't ask if they had a business license lol but... honestly i don't know i guess that's important for insurance purposes.
No I meant is it a business that's quoting you or someone you know that will just do it as side-job for you?
Old 10-17-2013, 12:31 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post

I figured it could be cleaned. The only reason i don't do it myself is because we don't have a paint booth at the shop so... there's a lot of airborne crap especially in AZ to interfere. We can handle like louvers and stuff but not whole vehicles sadly.

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Quote:
No I meant is it a business that's quoting you or someone you know that will just do it as side-job for you?
Oh a business.

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

do you guys think the camo green would look good? i'm kinda liking it more than the red.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:34 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I figured it could be cleaned. The only reason i don't do it myself is because we don't have a paint booth at the shop so... there's a lot of airborne crap especially in AZ to interfere. We can handle like louvers and stuff but not whole vehicles sadly. ---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ---------- Oh a business. ---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ---------- do you guys think the camo green would look good? i'm kinda liking it more than the red.
What color rims?
Old 10-17-2013, 12:37 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What color rims?

It was quoted for black. But i've been looking at new rims and possibly polished aluminum since chrome seem to have quite a weight to them lol.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:52 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It was quoted for black. But i've been looking at new rims and possibly polished aluminum since chrome seem to have quite a weight to them lol.
If you're gonna go with army green.. I'd suggest black rims.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing