Respect my car! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-31-2013, 09:41 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Respect my car!

I am wondering how you fellow mustang owners get others to respect your car. For example my car is parked in the garage and sometimes accumulates dirt and dust. Engraving "wash me" on my trunk is not ok. But your average person doesn't care or understand that yes it can scratch paint. No my cars not perfect but I want it as perfect as it can be. Slamming doors flinging visors slinging seatbelts too. What did the car do to you. Why can't others respect how you want your stuff not to be messed with.
03GT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2013, 09:45 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
A whack to the groin does quite nicely... Just sayin. But in all seriousness, my friends and family both know to respect the car. I value that car more than any of my other belongings. And they know not to mess with it.

Also, my best friend knows how i am about my car. So he always tries to do something to get on my nerves. Once, he parked outside of my workplace, called my phone, and said. "Do you know where your car is?" Naturally i looked into the parkinglot, to see him holding a cup of soda over my freshly cleaned car pretending to pour it. It's all in good fun though.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:46 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03GT88 View Post
I am wondering how you fellow mustang owners get others to respect your car. For example my car is parked in the garage and sometimes accumulates dirt and dust. Engraving "wash me" on my trunk is not ok. But your average person doesn't care or understand that yes it can scratch paint. No my cars not perfect but I want it as perfect as it can be. Slamming doors flinging visors slinging seatbelts too. What did the car do to you. Why can't others respect how you want your stuff not to be messed with.
I hate that to I also hate coming out of Walmart and see someone sitting on your hood and her friend taking a pic made me so MAD I did not even know them!!!
Screaming Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2013, 09:49 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah it would. Can't really do my dad that way though. But I honestly don't know what would change it other than that.

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaming Mach View Post
I hate that to I also hate coming out of Walmart and see someone sitting on your hood and her friend taking a pic made me so MAD I did not even know them!!!
God bless I'd go nuts!
Old 10-31-2013, 09:51 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My co-workers did that. Two girls, they came in and showed me the picture. I was just like, Why??? Then the one girl said, oh you should be grateful i only sat on it. I wanted to key it! Like, 1) if i restrained myself enough to not murder you, i Still have insurance.
And 2) I would indeed press charges. Make no mistake. Dumbass kids.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:51 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
I'd kill a *****...just saying I have zero tolerance for it. My car isn't nice magically... Hate people
02GTvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:59 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
My co-workers did that. Two girls, they came in and showed me the picture. I was just like, Why??? Then the one girl said, oh you should be grateful i only sat on it. I wanted to key it! Like, 1) if i restrained myself enough to not murder you, i Still have insurance. And 2) I would indeed press charges. Make no mistake. Dumbass kids.
That's messed up, I found the only thing you can do is buy a locking gas cap, and park far away from other people. Only reason people mess with mustang is because they like them or are jealous. As for the original question about the dirt writing, I would steak out and when someone touches the car hit the panic button and run over and yell at them. I have a old dinged up/ scratched up stang and I am so OCD about anyone touching, driving, or riding in it. I was driving the other day and my friend hit his head on my fragile 19 year old weather strip getting in. Needless to say I was PISSED.
94gtconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:09 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I have no idea what would ever make someone key a car. Much less a car of someone they don't even know!

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:14 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson View Post
I have no idea what would ever make someone key a car. Much less a car of someone they don't even know!
I got keyed a month ago. Just random. Front to back for no reason. I didn't think people did that anymore
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:15 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post
I got keyed a month ago. Just random. Front to back for no reason. I didn't think people did that anymore
Camaro fanboy...a little worthless ufck.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:17 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02GTvert View Post
Camaro fanboy...a little worthless ufck.
Kinda what I was thinking honestly. There are 4 Camaros in my neighborhood, and 1 guy with a Shelby who keeps it in the garage at all times. I know it wasn't him
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:21 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post
Kinda what I was thinking honestly. There are 4 Camaros in my neighborhood, and 1 guy with a Shelby who keeps it in the garage at all times. I know it wasn't him
It's disgusting man.....not even going to rant. Just some BS. Just like egging cars....mine was before I bought it and it has four spots that the egg ate through.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:06 PM   #13
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02GTvert View Post
It's disgusting man.....not even going to rant. Just some BS. Just like egging cars....mine was before I bought it and it has four spots that the egg ate through.
That sucks I remember my ex's dad's truck was egged but they caught the girls and he pressed charges and went crazy on them
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:14 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
That sucks I remember my ex's dad's truck was egged but they caught the girls and he pressed charges and went crazy on them
Ahh that's good!
Old 11-01-2013, 12:11 AM   #15
Road Trip!

Region: California
People don't respect ****. Doesn't matter WHAT you tell them
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:54 AM   #16
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Simple. Don't let anyone ride with you. My wife was the only one to ride in the passenger seat of my 07 (3 times,if that) and no one ever rode in the backseat. Bought my 2011 in 2010 and no one has been in the backseat of that one either.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:58 AM   #17
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I just make sure that everyone that rides in my car knows that if they don't respect it they will be dealing with my not so nice side. Has worked out pretty well.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:20 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

My friend had a pretty nice method with his Scion tC. If he'd see or hear anyone in the car doing something like eating, putting their feet anywhere other than the floor, or something along those lines.. he'd pull over and say "You wanna walk home?" The look on people's faces is priceless! Needless to say, they get the idea and it works every time!
Old 11-01-2013, 04:30 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Mine just stays under a cover. Only goes to the track and shows, but I give people death stares when they start touching things in my engine bay at shows
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Well for people you don't know, I'd recommend hitting the gym lol. Obviously I don't know you so you could be in great shape, but if people know you're a big dude they're less likely to mess with you.

For the people you DO know I would say just let them know straight up that you don't want anyone (including yourself, always works better when you practice what you preach) to do (blank) . Everyone I know, knows not to eat in my car, the only exception being long 4 hour or more road trips, even then it's a meal bar or something and water (no juice).

Other than that there's not much else you can do.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I cannot stand when I park out in the middle of nowhere and some dude park right next to me. I park out there for a reason. My car is antisocial! Stay away!
Crewchief15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:51 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
OP, you're not alone man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I just make sure that everyone that rides in my car knows that if they don't respect it they will be dealing with my not so nice side. Has worked out pretty well.
Got that f*ckin' right, same here. I'll b*tch all I want to you if you mess up my hard-earned and maintained pride and joy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewchief15 View Post
I cannot stand when I park out in the middle of nowhere and some dude park right next to me. I park out there for a reason. My car is antisocial! Stay away!
+1
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewchief15 View Post
I'm like that, and I had someone at walmart do that.

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
My co-workers did that. Two girls, they came in and showed me the picture. I was just like, Why??? Then the one girl said, oh you should be grateful i only sat on it. I wanted to key it! Like, 1) if i restrained myself enough to not murder you, i Still have insurance. And 2) I would indeed press charges. Make no mistake. Dumbass kids.
School is worse, I had some dude block me in with his F250, another guy keeps asking if he can drive it(no way, and I don't even let most of my friends), I won't even let that guy ride with me, heck, I don't like him LOOKING at my car, and he keeps wanting me to do a burnout... How about I do a burnout in your car..., or do a burnout on your face... Jk about that last one.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I'm like that, and I had someone at walmart do that. ---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ---------- School is worse, I had some dude block me in with his F250, another guy keeps asking if he can drive it(no way, and I don't even let most of my friends), I won't even let that guy ride with me, heck, I don't like him LOOKING at my car, and he keeps wanting me to do a burnout... How about I do a burnout in your car..., or do a burnout on your face... Jk about that last one.
Burn out on your face haha just lost it!
Old 11-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
people are ignorant. im not too over the top about mine cause its my dd and its already scratched up from the previous owner who "garage kept it" and my gravel driveway shows no mercy. but some things just piss me off. like standing my windshield wipers straight up... i mean why? why does someone do such a thing??? and the other day i went to a football game and was standing beside my car talking to some friends when another guy i knew came running up and thought it'd be cool to do some Dukes of Hazard shant and slide across the hood of my car
TorchRed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:02 PM   #26
ME Bloodhound
Staff

My close friend i hang out with and go places with a lot can definitely attest to me parking out in BFE and coming back to some idiot parked right next to me. Happens so ****ing often.

HID end all thread
Old 11-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #27
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Speaking of disrespect... 2 weeks ago i walked out to my car and this is what I saw.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2977.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	135259   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2978.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	135260  

Name:	IMG_2979.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	135261   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2980.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	135262  

Name:	IMG_2981.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	135263   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2983.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	135264  

HID end all thread
Old 11-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My close friend i hang out with and go places with a lot can definitely attest to me parking out in BFE and coming back to some idiot parked right next to me. Happens so ****ing often.
happens to me a lot...

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

Quote:
Speaking of disrespect... 2 weeks ago i walked out to my car and this is what I saw.
I would beat the crap out of whoever did that if I found out who.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:15 PM   #29
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
happens to me a lot...

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

I would beat the crap out of whoever did that if I found out who.
If i knew who did it..........

HID end all thread
Old 11-04-2013, 11:22 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If i knew who did it..........
When ya do find out ill help ya pay your bail lol
Sbales88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:25 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Bales View Post
I'll help too (:
Old 11-04-2013, 11:32 PM   #32
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Bales View Post
I'll remember that... As of right now she has a car cover on her in the more secluded area of the parking lot

HID end all thread
Old 11-04-2013, 11:40 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

My face when i read, "How about i do a burnout on your face!"
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3441081516.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	135267  
Old 11-04-2013, 11:42 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'll remember that... As of right now she has a car cover on her in the more secluded area of the parking lot
Sorry about that bro, hardly nobody has respect anymore. Heck most ppl don't even know what it is. My spoiled cousins jumped on my back bumper and cracked it. Didn't even care or notice it, no attention is payed anymore. Common since is a thing of the past
Sbales88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:41 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I once had someone take window paint and draw penises all over my freshly painted car in highschool. Needless to say I found out who it was and called up my local sheriff who worked at our school... It was great watching her face when I told her that it was a 2500$ paint job and if it damaged it I'd expect it to be fixed. Lets just say it never happened again, and thank god nothing happened to the paint.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2312395190.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	470.2 KB
ID:	135271  
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing