RTR appearance package? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-01-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Do you think that it is worth it, many of the items cannot be bought anywhere other than the package. $6250 for 14 parts, including installation costs for each part.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2013, 01:58 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Are you getting it from a ford dealership?
98mustang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:36 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I don't know what you're talking about. Maybe an image, or link, would help.

I think this looks pretty good, especially in this color scheme. Obviously not the rims.
RTR Mustang Body Appearance Package (10-12) - LatemodelRestoration.com

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2013, 07:33 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98mustang_gt View Post
Are you getting it from a ford dealership?
I have a ford dealer that offers it about 25 minutes away,. Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2088315406.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	312.4 KB
ID:	134930

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1256438509.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	407.1 KB
ID:	134931

Here's some pictures.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:12 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I have a ford dealer that offers it about 25 minutes away,.

Here's some pictures.
Through the aftermarket department correct? If so you can try to get it cheaper. Closer to cost than that.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:24 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Through the aftermarket department correct? If so you can try to get it cheaper. Closer to cost than that.
Yes, I'm fairly certain it's through the aftermarket department. What do you mean closer to cost?
Old 11-02-2013, 12:15 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Yes, I'm fairly certain it's through the aftermarket department. What do you mean closer to cost?
$6000 is a ton of money for what you get.
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post

$6000 is a ton of money for what you get.
I agree but don't you get a rtr serial number so I guess for 6k you can say u have a rtr numbered car... is it worth it? To some I guess to me no way I'd put the 6k to a blower
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Joey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I work at a dealership. When offering g aftermarket parts not through service but thought aftermarket department prices are negotiable. Tell then its too much and see if they go down on price. If so keep low balling them until they finally say they can't go any lower.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I work at a dealership. When offering g aftermarket parts not through service but thought aftermarket department prices are negotiable. Tell then its too much and see if they go down on price. If so keep low balling them until they finally say they can't go any lower.
that's what I am going to do, I get that the price includes installation, but 6K is ridicoulous.

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey8 View Post
I agree but don't you get a rtr serial number so I guess for 6k you can say u have a rtr numbered car... is it worth it? To some I guess to me no way I'd put the 6k to a blower
I want to stay NA when I upgrade my car, and anyways, my parents would never let me get a supercharger anytime soon.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:30 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Both look very good. That 6k one looks sweet, and will actually function.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

6k... wow. It seems awfully expensive. Just think about all the other things you can get for 6k then ask yourself if it's worth it.
Jshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
6k... wow. It seems awfully expensive. Just think about all the other things you can get for 6k then ask yourself if it's worth it.
The only reason I'm considering it is because that price includes install for everything. I'm just going to get the RTR exhaust for now. 6K is way out of my budget right now.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:14 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The only reason I'm considering it is because that price includes install for everything. I'm just going to get the RTR exhaust for now. 6K is way out of my budget right now.
Rtr exhaust is awesome, but in stock form its too tame. It's awesome at idle, but the more you rev the car the quiter it gets. It's more quiet than stock at highway speed I think. But if you get long tubes, off road x, and resonator delete then it's absolutely amazing
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
Rtr exhaust is awesome, but in stock form its too tame. It's awesome at idle, but the more you rev the car the quiter it gets. It's more quiet than stock at highway speed I think. But if you get long tubes, off road x, and resonator delete then it's absolutely amazing
I get headaches easy, so the stock form of it is probably what I'm going to end up with, I rarely get above 4K RPM's. Out of those, I'd probably get the X pipe, what impact would just the X pipe have on the exhaust.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:39 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I get headaches easy, so the stock form of it is probably what I'm going to end up with, I rarely get above 4K RPM's. Out of those, I'd probably get the X pipe, what impact would just the X pipe have on the exhaust.
An off road X would make it sound pretty good. But the full set-up I am talking about makes it sound kinda like a vette. It's BEAST
Old 11-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
An off road X would make it sound pretty good. But the full set-up I am talking about makes it sound kinda like a vette. It's BEAST
Dang, I just don't want it too loud, because of my tendency to get headaches, other than that, I don't mind waking the neighbors (: !
Old 11-10-2013, 03:20 AM   #18
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
6k can get you a nice supercharger......

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:12 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
6 k more woulda been a Boss. Looks great but not six grand great.
But we are not footin this bill, you are! Do what gives you lil warm fuzzys where it counts.
Troy
Old 11-10-2013, 07:14 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
6k can get you a nice supercharger......
parents won't let me get any performance upgrades right now. Otherwise, I'd be saving for a Whipple supercharger, or a KB.

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getn off View Post
6 k more woulda been a Boss. Looks great but not six grand great. But we are not footin this bill, you are! Do what gives you lil warm fuzzys where it counts. Troy
I missed out on a 2013 Boss 302 by 700 when I was getting my mustang, parents didn't want me getting it because I don't know how to drive stick...
Old 11-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #21
Road Trip!

Tell your parents to give you the money for the appearance package..

Than buy a cheap rtr package and a 100 shot hidden in the trunk hahaha jkjkjkkkjk
Be safe
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:29 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
Tell your parents to give you the money for the appearance package..

Than buy a cheap rtr package and a 100 shot hidden in the trunk hahaha jkjkjkkkjk
Be safe
LOL
Jshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

700 away from a boss? Sounds like your dad should've brushed up on his negotiation skills..
qccoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:10 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by qccoles View Post
700 away from a boss? Sounds like your dad should've brushed up on his negotiation skills..
Wouldn't let me get it because I don't know how to drive stick, well, I know how to operate it, but I've never driven a stick. He didn't want me learning in a new car.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #25
Road Trip!

Quote:
Wouldn't let me get it because I don't know how to drive stick, well, I know how to operate it, but I've never driven a stick. He didn't want me learning in a new car.
If there's anything I learned from ME, the manual transmission in a boss is garbage. If Bobs went out with him actually knowing how drive, imagine you?

Go give your dad a hug for saving you a headache and a huge price tag lol
Old 11-17-2013, 10:42 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If there's anything I learned from ME, the manual transmission in a boss is garbage. If Bobs went out with him actually knowing how drive, imagine you? Go give your dad a hug for saving you a headache and a huge price tag lol
The MT-82 is crap. I would have gotten a Tremec ASAP.
You would think they would put a better MT in a boss than some cheap mass produced Chinese transmission.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:35 AM   #27
Road Trip!

Quote:
The MT-82 is crap. I would have gotten a Tremec ASAP. You would think they would put a better MT in a boss than some cheap mass produced Chinese transmission.
yes but Chinese food is pretty good
Old 11-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
yes but Chinese food is pretty good
I'll agree to that, I just had some. Just saying, Chinese car parts don't belong in American Muscle Cars.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #29
Road Trip!

Quote:
I'll agree to that, I just had some. Just saying, Chinese car parts don't belong in American Muscle Cars.
yeah sometimes I think my interior was made in China. It looks like some hot wheels plastic **** lol
Old 11-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
yeah sometimes I think my interior was made in China. It looks like some hot wheels plastic **** lol
I think the interior is decent, better than the Camaro and challenger, but can definitely be improved, and looks like it will be with the 2015+
Old 11-17-2013, 11:50 AM   #31
Road Trip!

Quote:
I think the interior is decent, better than the Camaro and challenger, but can definitely be improved, and looks like it will be with the 2015+
my favorite interior is the s197 I looks soo cool I wish I could put that **** in my new edge. And I honestly don't think I will jump into a 15 anytime soon anyways. I don't ever want to have a car payment. Ever car I've had I pay it all once.

Payments suck lol
Old 11-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

I went with a 13 because I like the retro modern look that it has for the overall car, interior included(still is a great interior). the 15's idk, some renders I like, some I don't. The interior looks real good from what we have been able to see leaked out.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Okay first of all, the mt-82 is made by getrag which is in Germany and was started in the 1930s. They provide transmissions for many auto makes including BMW, Porsche, and Ferrari, an are one the worlds largest transmission companies. There is nothing Chinese about it, but it's definitely not a piece of Chinese junk. Brush up on the history, and the reason the mt-82 isn't amazing is because it's a budget transmission and alot of people aren't good stick drivers anyways. My mt-82 runs just fine and I happen to like it alot.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Okay first of all, the mt-82 is made by getrag which is in Germany and was started in the 1930s. They provide transmissions for many auto makes including BMW, Porsche, and Ferrari, an are one the worlds largest transmission companies. There is nothing Chinese about it, but it's definitely not a piece of Chinese junk. Brush up on the history, and the reason the mt-82 isn't amazing is because it's a budget transmission and alot of people aren't good stick drivers anyways. My mt-82 runs just fine and I happen to like it alot.
I've heard that it was Chinese, or had some Chinese parts, but I guess those things were wrong
Old 11-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Although I bought a mgw shifter, I never had the first problem with the shifter or transmission.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing