Griot's garage products - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-03-2013, 10:25 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Griot's garage products

Has anyone heard of Griot's garage products? Two people have turned me on to it and both of these guys cars paint are amazing. I am due for a full detail and would like to maybe try griot's but would just like to get a few more opinions before i pull the trigger on purchasing the products.

2003 GT
HIDs, 20% tint, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Black bullitt wheels, White bumper inserts, Shorty antenna
mustang17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2013, 10:34 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang17 View Post
Has anyone heard of Griot's garage products? Two people have turned me on to it and both of these guys cars paint are amazing. I am due for a full detail and would like to maybe try griot's but would just like to get a few more opinions before i pull the trigger on purchasing the products.
I've heard of them, for sure. The have a dual-action polisher that is supposed to be pretty good. As for the rest of their products, I haven't heard much. But, if your buddies use it, and their cars look that good, that's really all the opinion you need.
Fader is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2013, 10:36 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Region: California
The sealant is really good.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:52 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fader View Post
I've heard of them, for sure. The have a dual-action polisher that is supposed to be pretty good. As for the rest of their products, I haven't heard much. But, if your buddies use it, and their cars look that good, that's really all the opinion you need.
Thanks...and yes you are right. They looked pretty great and they recommended griot's clay bar, polish, wax, sealant etc. it will be my first time using a clay bar so i want to make sure i pick the right product and do a good job.

2003 GT
HIDs, 20% tint, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Black bullitt wheels, White bumper inserts, Shorty antenna
Old 11-04-2013, 06:52 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I have heard of them and a few others. I did a lot of research and settled on Jax Wax products. They go on easy wipe off easy and leave a great shine. I have a Deep Impact Blue car and didn't want swirls and white makes along the strips these product fit the bill and can be applied in full sun on a dark car. I have never heard anything bad about Griot's products just how Good they are. I don't think you will go wrong with them or Jax Wax.

2013 Shelby GT500 Born 12/06/2012 number 439 of 530 in DIB and 1 of 9 with Red Stripes over the top and on the seats
Mlarv5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:57 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
The sealant is really good.
Ive heard alot of good things about the sealant is that what you use?

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlarv5 View Post
I have heard of them and a few others. I did a lot of research and settled on Jax Wax products. They go on easy wipe off easy and leave a great shine. I have a Deep Impact Blue car and didn't want swirls and white makes along the strips these product fit the bill and can be applied in full sun on a dark car. I have never heard anything bad about Griot's products just how Good they are. I don't think you will go wrong with them or Jax Wax.
I heard a little bit about Jax Wax as well. It surprised me because i had never even heard of the name Griot's but it seems like alot of people are happy with their products and my buddies 05 mustang is mint who uses Griot's. Thanks for the info

2003 GT
Old 11-04-2013, 11:14 AM   #7
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang17 View Post
Ive heard alot of good things about the sealant is that what you use? ---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ---------- I heard a little bit about Jax Wax as well. It surprised me because i had never even heard of the name Griot's but it seems like alot of people are happy with their products and my buddies 05 mustang is mint who uses Griot's. Thanks for the info
No, but when my other stuff runs out that's what I'll get.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:57 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I've got their dual action 6" random orbital. Good product. I use their black pad with their machine polish 4. That polish is awesome but not aggressive. Might remove very light swirl marks and scratches. Makes the finish like glass. When I need more, I use a 6 inch wool pad with macguires ultimate compound. Then use the machine polish 4 before wax. I could use griots machine 2/3 then 4 but that sounds like too much work. The ultimate compound is aggressive but clear coat safe. I have a black car daily driver parked outside during the days. My finish is flawless. So yes, their stuff works.

And I use their clay bar... It is different than mothers... Easier to manipulate ( I think).

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:13 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy View Post
I've got their dual action 6" random orbital. Good product. I use their black pad with their machine polish 4. That polish is awesome but not aggressive. Might remove very light swirl marks and scratches. Makes the finish like glass. When I need more, I use a 6 inch wool pad with macguires ultimate compound. Then use the machine polish 4 before wax. I could use griots machine 2/3 then 4 but that sounds like too much work. The ultimate compound is aggressive but clear coat safe. I have a black car daily driver parked outside during the days. My finish is flawless. So yes, their stuff works.

And I use their clay bar... It is different than mothers... Easier to manipulate ( I think).
That's good information! Thanks!!
Fader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:54 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy View Post
I've got their dual action 6" random orbital. Good product. I use their black pad with their machine polish 4. That polish is awesome but not aggressive. Might remove very light swirl marks and scratches. Makes the finish like glass. When I need more, I use a 6 inch wool pad with macguires ultimate compound. Then use the machine polish 4 before wax. I could use griots machine 2/3 then 4 but that sounds like too much work. The ultimate compound is aggressive but clear coat safe. I have a black car daily driver parked outside during the days. My finish is flawless. So yes, their stuff works. And I use their clay bar... It is different than mothers... Easier to manipulate ( I think).
I also have a black DD and it is parked outside most of the day except when i am home so im really trying to find something that works well. Seems like i found it. Thanks for the good info

2003 GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing