Plasti-dip? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #36

Region: Illinois
Hello to all, I felt the need to jump in. I've been into Plasti Dip for over a now & it's an awesome product to work with when applied correctly whether it's with wheels, the whole car or emblems. Don't do your car with rattle cans, it'll come out horrible. Do it right & do it with gallons & a proper gun. Rattle cans are recommended for wheels and emblems & small scale objects .. When I first got my Mustang, all I wanted was matte black finish car vinyl wrapped. It was too expensive for a high school-er. A year later (out of HS) I looked for other methods. I went to another Mustang Forum, might have been this one and saw some dipped wheels. I too was unsure whether I should go with dip, but it's a great product. I did wheels, then emblems & finally dipped my car .. Honestly if you want the correct answers (or message me), Please check out the DipYourCar Forum in which I am a Member who posts multiple times a day & Most of us like to help. Currently right now, my car is dipped matte black with (yes I know...) 2 Tone wheels. Red on drivers side .. Blue on passenger side.. (Don't tell me I messed up my car, b/c most of you know dip peels right off)

Like I said, I'm new here & still unsure how to post images, so go to my Flickr page. (I'll upload a couple more photos there. BTW, I'm "Mustang_125")

For those of you who already have a dipped car, & you want a more resistant scratch free dip, wax your car with Meguiar's Quick Wax Spray or Turtle Wax Express Shine ..

Check out my group in Flickr: Plasti Dipped Projects
Flickr: The Plasti Dipped Projects Pool

In the Flickr page, check out the Vaughn Gittin Jr. Mustang. 95% of that Mustang is all Plasti Dip. The guy who dipped his Mustang Replica got to hang out with Vaughn out in Texas.

Another group my buddy Ricky created:
imgur: the simple image sharer

A picture of my Matte black Mustang .. Hood left glossy with blue Glow in the Dark stripes.http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/...psae29220b.jpg

I will be dipping my car a new (literally a new color that will be coming out soon) color in a couple months. I'll tell you now .. It's Teal .. Wheels, wait for it .......... Purple
125RickC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Well I definitely can't wait to see that color! I've been looking into it a little and there are both pros and cons that I like and dislike of course. Thank you guys for all of your help!!
LadySleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Did my DD with about 12 rattle cans

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131215_140748.png
Views:	836
Size:	333.6 KB
ID:	141709
Borla S-Type stingers, BAMA SCT tuner, K & N Typhoon CAI, Classic Design Concepts light bar, MACH 1 chin spoiler, MACH 1000 w JVC Kvw 500 HU, plastidipped hood scoop, wing & Premium GT rims, painted calipers, 3.73 gears, black Bullitt fuel door, MMD hood struts, sub-frame connectors, SVE uca & lca, Power Stop drilled/slotted rotors
Peterzinyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2013, 02:35 PM   #39

I don't even know if I want teal.. I'm thinking Blue Green Chameleon. Don't know which route to go in right now.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Rattle cans are not the way to go. It'll be a PITA for you to peel it off. Unless you buy a ton of thinner or DYC DipDissolver.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:01 PM   #40

Here's the new color to my car.
Sazuka Blue Mustang SN95

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing