Paint bubbles - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Paint bubbles

So recently I noticed paint bubbles, for lack of a better word in my paint. Just little like mounds or hills in my paint. I haven't washed the car in a while because it rains all the time and its freezing. But I don't think that's the problem. They are about the size of a marker tip. They are everywhere. I'll try to get a picture but it might be too little to pick up. Anyone have any ideas?
bkh1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
If the car has bodywork/bondo or rust underneath the paint that could be the reason it has bubbles
86foxbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86foxbody View Post
If the car has bodywork/bondo or rust underneath the paint that could be the reason it has bubbles
I've had the car over a year, why are they just now showing up? None of that has been done since I've got it. And rust could be possible but its just on one side of the car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

It takes a couple of months for the bubbles to come out ( if done a bad way) he probably paid someone to do a cheap work just to sell the car
Old 12-05-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
If these bubbles have just recently appeared, it is an underlying bad problem. Rust. Probably had an accident and repainted with crappy prep work. Bubbles like this can appear anywhere from 6months to 2-3 years after a paint job. Has ur car been sprayed? At least partially? Hate to say it, but u need to take it in and have it done right, or it will completely take over the car soon.
Gl,
Troy
Old 12-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
yep. i had an acura that just needed a paint job so i went and got a super cheap one. about that time next year it started to bubble up everywhere.
TorchRed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

My car has never been in an accident. The partial spray, I don't have a clue about, so that could be it. I checked on the other side and its there too. But its only around one height all around the car. It's not higher or lower, just level with the bottom of the window. It goes down about 4 inches and then stops on all sides of the car. I don't know if that's a good enough description to visualize or not....since its on all sides, a wreck wouldn't make sense anyway even if it hasn't been in one, because the whole care doesn't usually get sprayed in accidents I don't think
Old 12-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkh1994 View Post
My car has never been in an accident. The partial spray, I don't have a clue about, so that could be it. I checked on the other side and its there too. But its only around one height all around the car. It's not higher or lower, just level with the bottom of the window. It goes down about 4 inches and then stops on all sides of the car. I don't know if that's a good enough description to visualize or not....since its on all sides, a wreck wouldn't make sense anyway even if it hasn't been in one, because the whole care doesn't usually get sprayed in accidents I don't think
I bet if u sand it or grind it its going to have bondo or rust (dont do it if ur not planing to paint it soon)
Old 12-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86foxbody View Post

I bet if u sand it or grind it its going to have bondo or rust (dont do it if ur not planing to paint it soon)
Okay. Thanks everyone for the help. I just was wondering why they popped up a couple weeks ago. Making sure it didn't just need to be washed or got chemicals on that I didn't know about or something. Don't really have the money for a paint job
Old 12-05-2013, 08:22 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

actually, i cant tell but it looks like your cars black. do you use any sort of black detailer type junk?
Old 12-05-2013, 08:26 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchRed6 View Post
actually, i cant tell but it looks like your cars black. do you use any sort of black detailer type junk?
Yeah its black and no I don't use anything like that. Just soap and water lol. But my dad did a few months ago wash my car (without me knowing) with dawn dish detergent. I know that can hurt paint. Could that possibly be the problem?
Old 12-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

i think that stuffs pretty safe. i was asking because all my bubbles started appearing after i used a black detailer. i dont know if it caused it, or if it was just the cheapo paint job.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i think that stuffs pretty safe. i was asking because all my bubbles started appearing after i used a black detailer. i dont know if it caused it, or if it was just the cheapo paint job.
Well dang. Maybe ill try dipping the whole thing if it gets any worse
Old 12-05-2013, 08:38 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

if all else fails.its a heck of alot cheaper than an actual paint job and looks just as good
Old 12-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
if all else fails.its a heck of alot cheaper than an actual paint job and looks just as good
I'm thinking grabber blue, competition Orange, or yellow.... Probably Orange or the blue
Old 12-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

the blaze blue looks really close to grabber blue. i like it.my buddy just bought the matte black kit for $400. were probably gonna do it week after next.hopefully itll turn out good.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:23 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
the blaze blue looks really close to grabber blue. i like it.my buddy just bought the matte black kit for $400. were probably gonna do it week after next.hopefully itll turn out good.
I've heard about 3 gallons should work? I also want it to shine like normal paint, not matte. So Id need glossifier correct? Three gallons of it too? Also, on cars (besides black and white) in the paint, there are the little like sparkles I guess you'd say. What is that called? I don't think I'd be able to get that effect with plasti dip, just curious
Old 12-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

i think 3 gallons should do, yes. and yeah.the glossifier. i dont think youd need quite that much.depends on how shiny you want it. the sparkles are metal flakes i believe.pretty sure thats why they call it metalic paint.or glass powder.i really dont know
Old 12-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i think 3 gallons should do, yes. and yeah.the glossifier. i dont think youd need quite that much.depends on how shiny you want it. the sparkles are metal flakes i believe.pretty sure thats why they call it metalic paint.or glass powder.i really dont know
Okay cool. Thanks for all of your help!
Old 12-05-2013, 09:29 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

noooo problem!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing