Unpainted spoilers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
somedopebeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, canada
Region: Canada
Posts: 699
Unpainted spoilers

Anybody here buy the unpainted rear oe spoiler? Did ya color match it? I just ordered one from AM for my '14 deep impact blue v6. Thinking about just painting it black to go with the dark scheme of the back of my car. (Ordered smoked 3rd brake light tint and smoked tail light inserts as well) also getting an rtr decklid too. Curious to see what the black spoiler on dib looks though.
Anybody got pics??
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-14-2014, 10:08 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
somedopebeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, canada
Region: Canada
Posts: 699
Nobody???
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:17 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
No pics but I think it'll look sick I love blacked out spoilers!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-14-2014, 10:19 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
somedopebeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, canada
Region: Canada
Posts: 699
Same! I also wanted it to look like it didnt come with the car. Im still on the fence about whether i wanna go with matte or gloss. Thats why i wanted to see pics
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:23 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post
Same! I also wanted it to look like it didnt come with the car. Im still on the fence about whether i wanna go with matte or gloss. Thats why i wanted to see pics
Gloss might match better with ur rear decklid but I love matte! Maybe try google? Haha.
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:27 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
somedopebeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, canada
Region: Canada
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
Gloss might match better with ur rear decklid but I love matte! Maybe try google? Haha.

Yea i went there first lol. Dib doesnt seem to be a very popular colour apparently so there wasnt a whole lot.

Ive never been a fan of blue cars but as soon as i saw deep impact i was sold. Looks incredible in the sunlight, whoever mixed it is a master imo.
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:30 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post
Yea i went there first lol. Dib doesnt seem to be a very popular colour apparently so there wasnt a whole lot. Ive never been a fan of blue cars but as soon as i saw deep impact i was sold. Looks incredible in the sunlight, whoever mixed it is a master imo.
Haha. Yea I'm not a fan of blue either but I'll admit DIB is a sick color! If ur really worried how it'll look u can try plasti dip. IMO it'll look sick blacked out tho!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:10 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
somedopebeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, canada
Region: Canada
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
Haha. Yea I'm not a fan of blue either but I'll admit DIB is a sick color! If ur really worried how it'll look u can try plasti dip. IMO it'll look sick blacked out tho!

I think im just gonna go with some gloss. i agree, itll look better than the matte with the decklid and rear tint. I found some pics with an black rtr spoiler. Gives me a broad idea of it, and i like it a lot. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1389719599.343861.jpg
Views:	1519
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	144608Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1389719612.176497.jpg
Views:	836
Size:	293.3 KB
ID:	144609
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:50 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post
I think im just gonna go with some gloss. i agree, itll look better than the matte with the decklid and rear tint. I found some pics with an black rtr spoiler. Gives me a broad idea of it, and i like it a lot.
Yea that looks sick AF!!!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:56 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post
I think im just gonna go with some gloss. i agree, itll look better than the matte with the decklid and rear tint. I found some pics with an black rtr spoiler. Gives me a broad idea of it, and i like it a lot. Attachment 144608Attachment 144609

Dang, I didn't think the RTR spoiler was that big.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:49 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
somedopebeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, canada
Region: Canada
Posts: 699
Haha ya its massive. I considered it lol
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:51 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
somedopebeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, canada
Region: Canada
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
Yea that looks sick AF!!!

Agreed! Now for AM to get them back in stock :/ ordered my spoiler a month ago and its still on back order
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:21 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post
Agreed! Now for AM to get them back in stock :/ ordered my spoiler a month ago and its still on back order
I'd be going crazy! Haha.
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:19 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
somedopebeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, canada
Region: Canada
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
I'd be going crazy! Haha.

Not as crazy as im going waiting for winter to end so i can take my baby out of storage. As a matter of fact i cant even see it till spring :/ the cold expands the concrete which makes the doors impossible to open til it warms up
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:58 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post
Not as crazy as im going waiting for winter to end so i can take my baby out of storage. As a matter of fact i cant even see it till spring :/ the cold expands the concrete which makes the doors impossible to open til it warms up
Wow! Yea I would definitely be going nuts!!! I'm glad I live in Cali! It's 73* out right now!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:58 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
somedopebeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, canada
Region: Canada
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
Wow! Yea I would definitely be going nuts!!! I'm glad I live in Cali! It's 73* out right now!

Its almost unbearable lol. My girls a nurse and i have already jokingly asked her to swing somethin with the doctors at the hospital to put me in a coma til spring
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:42 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post
Its almost unbearable lol. My girls a nurse and i have already jokingly asked her to swing somethin with the doctors at the hospital to put me in a coma til spring
Pahahaha! For real man end the suffering. Lmao. Just imagine how fun it's gonna be the day winter is over tho!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:31 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
somedopebeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, canada
Region: Canada
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
Pahahaha! For real man end the suffering. Lmao. Just imagine how fun it's gonna be the day winter is over tho!

Its gonna feel like the day i bought it, so pumped! Strangely my package from AM showed up, after they said earlier this week they didnt know when it would be back in stock.. Score! Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1390019773.848937.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	144982
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:34 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post
Its gonna feel like the day i bought it, so pumped! Strangely my package from AM showed up, after they said earlier this week they didnt know when it would be back in stock.. Score!
That's never a bad thing! Haha. Nice!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:42 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.