Are Your Horses ALL Facing Front ? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-08-2014, 07:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
TrackPak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 174
Are Your Horses ALL Facing Front ?

Don't know if this topic has been discussed

But After just having to replace ALL 4 of my Factory P Zeros
after only 17000 miles.

I noticed that the center caps are NOT all facing Foward
2 on the left Yes
But the 2 on the right are facing in the other direction towards the BACK

Is Ford, So Cheap, that they cant even retool for another set, so that ALL Horses
are Facing in the SAME DIRECTION on a $40, 000 + car
TrackPak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-08-2014, 08:40 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
xxPIKExx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Region: Florida
Posts: 450
You did well getting 17,000 miles out of those tires.
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:44 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
MustangGT02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MO
Region: Missouri
Posts: 437
All pony tri bar emblems that I know of have the horse going left. I have 18,000 on my car with the factory tires and they are fine. Its my daily driver in the Midwest and they are doing great in the snow/sleet. Granted the previous owner didn't look like they type to be pushing the car a lot but you never know.
MustangGT02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-08-2014, 08:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
xxPIKExx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Region: Florida
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangGT02 View Post
All pony tri bar emblems that I know of have the horse going left. I have 18,000 on my car with the factory tires and they are fine. Its my daily driver in the Midwest and they are doing great in the snow/sleet. Granted the previous owner didn't look like they type to be pushing the car a lot but you never know.
Do you have the trackpack tires?
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:51 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
MustangGT02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MO
Region: Missouri
Posts: 437
No, they are 18x8 wheels with standard brakes.
MustangGT02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
DeJoe8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Waterbury
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 148
Little mustang fact that an old timer who has had several mustangs told me...the ponies all face the same direction because they go round the car in the same rotation that cars go around a track. They have all always faced left he said, with one exception...for the cars that had a pony on the passenger side fender (past models) they would face forward, or to the right. That has been the only exception since the mustang was in production. Don‘t know if that's accurate, but it makes sense.
DeJoe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:30 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
xxPIKExx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Region: Florida
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJoe8 View Post
Little mustang fact that an old timer who has had several mustangs told me...the ponies all face the same direction because they go round the car in the same rotation that cars go around a track. They have all always faced left he said, with one exception...for the cars that had a pony on the passenger side fender (past models) they would face forward, or to the right. That has been the only exception since the mustang was in production. Don‘t know if that's accurate, but it makes sense.
I like it, but its not acurate. My center cap ponies on my 13 face opposite directions like the op's. Driver side forward, passenger side towards the back
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:32 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
DeJoe8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Waterbury
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post
I like it, but its not acurate. My center cap ponies on my 13 face opposite directions like the op's. Driver side forward, passenger side towards the back
Exactly, so they all face left. I said only the emblem on the fender, of there was one. Ours don't have them, they have the 5.0 emblem.
DeJoe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:37 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
xxPIKExx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Region: Florida
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJoe8 View Post

Exactly, so they all face left. I said only the emblem on the fender, of there was one. Ours don't have them, they have the 5.0 emblem.
I see what your saying. I read "face the same direction" and took it to mean front or rear, like the op was asking about. They are indeed running around a track then. That's pretty cool
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:39 PM   #10
Registered User
Newbie
 
Shawnsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Minneapolis
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJoe8 View Post
Exactly, so they all face left. I said only the emblem on the fender, of there was one. Ours don't have them, they have the 5.0 emblem.

I assume you mean like this on the fender:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1389242354.190887.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	144143
Shawnsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:44 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
DeJoe8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Waterbury
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnsta View Post
I assume you mean like this on the fender:
Attachment 144143
Yup, that's it! He told me that's the only pony running in the "wrong" direction. Guess aesthetically that one would have really stood out and been awkward to be facing backwards. Kind of a cool.
DeJoe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



01:00 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.