Black getting real dirty in the rain - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-14-2014, 03:27 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Black getting real dirty in the rain

Hey there felahs, I have a black on black pony. Its my DD and where I live, it rains like cats and dogs. I wax it (Nu finish once a year thingie/ chemical guys spray on carnauba) after every wash, and it just keeps on getting dirty - more like black-ish golden lol.

My coworker drives a grey Audi SUV as her DD, and it freaking never gets dirty lol. She's like her husband uses a couple of sprays to wipe it down (she didn't know the names). I have also seen other pristine clean black cars on the road when its raining, yeah I feel jealous lol.

Any idea as to what I could use to keep mine away from getting dirty on a rainy day? - the dirt/dust you see after it dries up.

Cheers
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2014, 03:32 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
Hey there felahs, I have a black on black pony. Its my DD and where I live, it rains like cats and dogs. I wax it (Nu finish once a year thingie/ chemical guys spray on carnauba) after every wash, and it just keeps on getting dirty - more like black-ish golden lol.

My coworker drives a grey Audi SUV as her DD, and it freaking never gets dirty lol. She's like her husband uses a couple of sprays to wipe it down (she didn't know the names). I have also seen other pristine clean black cars on the road when its raining, yeah I feel jealous lol.

Any idea as to what I could use to keep mine away from getting dirty on a rainy day? - the dirt/dust you see after it dries up.

Cheers
i feel your pain lol, except my problem is with dust, being in AZ and all.

There's really nothing except clean, clean, clean! It's a total pain, hence why i'm looking at changing colors.

my old silver f150 would go weeks/months without "looking" dirty, but if you ran your finger over the body a bunch of unseen dirt would lift up lol.

I kinda regret not going with silver again lol.
AmericanBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:42 PM   #3
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBulldog View Post
i feel your pain lol, except my problem is with dust, being in AZ and all.

There's really nothing except clean, clean, clean! It's a total pain, hence why i'm looking at changing colors.

my old silver f150 would go weeks/months without "looking" dirty, but if you ran your finger over the body a bunch of unseen dirt would lift up lol.

I kinda regret not going with silver again lol.
Yes az dust sucks even on a red car
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2014, 04:16 PM   #4
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post

Cheers
bazinga11,

I know exactly how you feel! Black used to be my favorite color for every car or truck. After my first black truck, I just didn't have the patience to constantly clean it. Now, if it was a Mustang I probably would have taken better care of it too.

If you're worried about stains from the rain on your black paint and constantly keep up the with car's overall detail then here's my best advice. First make sure the car has a full detail/wax and nothing is missed. From there, after it rains. Dry off the car (if not already) with some wind power (leaf blower works). Once it's dry, use a spray detailer on a microfiber to wipe the whole car down. The spray detailer should be all you really need as long as the car is clean enough.

I know that's not a killer option, but it's much quicker than giving it a whole new wash. If you keep up with the spray detailer, you'll be washing the car a lot less often.

Hope this helps in some way!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:29 PM   #5
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Moved to Paint, Appearance and Detailing.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:59 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
With a black car, clay bar is gonna be your best friend. That stuff just sucks the deep in dirt right off.
Once you get the paint clean, throw some polish on, then some good wax, and you'll be good. It'll still get dirty if you leave it out in the rain, but it'll clean up a lot easier.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:48 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Cheers guys, thanks for your input. I'm wondering if waxing/polishing by hand (as compared to orbital polisher) is slightly accountable for attracting dust/road grim? - due to static charge and stuff.

Is there any spray on thingie that you could use to decrease the friction just so that too much dirt ain't sticking to your car?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 01-15-2014, 04:20 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
California dusters do wonders too. Just make sure you have a good wax on.
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:58 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I use nu finish (it says once a year polish, every few months- orange bottle), and spray on carnauba after every wash. Got California duster too, it just doesn't work on the dirt you see when your car dries up after a rainy day

|| BlackOnBlack ||
Old 01-15-2014, 08:04 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
If my car gets trapped out in the rain and has dirty water spots, i just go and wipe it down with Meguires quick detailer. That's what i use between washes. Just be sure to use clean micro fibers.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:05 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Qd helps. If it gets too bad for the qd I just picked up and tried the meguiars wash and wax anywhere. It worked ridiculously well. It was on my current car and not the black but I was impressed.
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing