Door jamb is different color than car - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-27-2014, 08:42 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Mississippi
Door jamb is different color than car

My car was repainted a different color than the original paint when I bought it. It really isn't noticeable in the engine compartment and the trunk. However, the door jambs are noticeable. The new color is a custom color and really nice. I do not have that paint code and haven't found a spray can that was close.

Are there any suggestions? I thought about painting the jambs flat black to match the leather interior.

escottcarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:45 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Maryland
I'd do black as well. That's a much better option than painting it red and then finding out that it was just a couple shades off. That would bug me!

2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:55 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Tennessee
If you take it to a paint shop or maybe even a body shop they have a little tool they can set on your paint that will be able to give you the paint code for it.. they only problem you'll run into is you dont know how many coats they put on it. But you can paint samples and let them dry to match the coats used.
You can't lose if you put God first!

1989 LX, 306 with TF top end kit, Anderson N-21 cam, TKO 600 trans with steel splatter shield,full Maximum Motorsports Mustang maximum Grip box, Detroit locker rear end with 31 spline Moser axles. Staggered wheels with Nitto 555 315/35/17 out back.
89GTstanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing