Decklid removal on 2013 GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-19-2014, 02:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Decklid removal on 2013 GT

OK, I am sick and tired of the glossy decklid looking filthy. I did use vinyl wrap to cover the chrome surround on the emblem for looks. Now I am thinking I will either remove the decklid and emblem all together or wrap the deck lid in flat black vinyl. Does anyone know if it is just taped all on? are there bolts? If I wanted to could I remover the deck lid and emblem and have it just smooth accross the whole thing or does the emblem mount to the truck in such a way that there will be holes there?
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2014, 01:28 PM   #2

You actually have several options from American muscle for changing it . Once the funk is open you have to remove the little plastic clips from your liner & then there are I believe 2 t bit screws & 12 clips holding it on . All the options I've seen tho require cutting the metal on your trunk lid using a hole saw .
hardingbrad24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2014, 01:34 PM   #3

Removing it isn't hard at all. There's the little plastic screw clips just like on your radiator cover to remove the liner & inside there are a couple torque screws & 12 clips holding it on & I believe double sided 3m tape for the faux gas cap . Everything I've seen to replace it requires cutting the "bump" out with a hole saw tho & was too intimidated to do it myself so I plan on getting a vinyl shop to just matte black the whole thing . Hope this helps
hardingbrad24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
ok, so there is not a plain full metal trunk underneath it. I will have to look for an alternative. Lots to do before I get to that but good to know. thank you.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing