Just ordered a Porter Cable orbital detailer - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-20-2014, 10:35 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Just ordered a Porter Cable orbital detailer

Hey guys, Anybody on here use this product for detailing? I have been told it does a great job and designed so you can't jack the paint up. My car has never seen a device like this too it and it needs it. I have swirl marks all over the car and you can actually see a grayish color film on parts of the paint. I have been told that's oxidation and this product here will help get rid of it along with the right chemicals.

I have been told my car needs a three step detail process of Cleaner, Polish and Wax.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140220_233542.png
Views:	120
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	148390
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2014, 11:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I have one but it's still in the box. I also heard great things about it. No real swirls yet, but once they start showing up I'll bust out the porter cable. (Maybe I don't wash my car enough)

This guy has a youtube channel with detailing tutorials using the porter cable. Check out this video at 20:30 where he tries to burn the paint with the orbital polisher and can't do it. Nice demo on how safe it is.
Otis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:21 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Nice! That's a great polisher!

Those are really easy to use.

I'm like you, I've got a buffer at my house waiting for me that I haven't used yet. I decided to go with the Dewalt DWP849X, it's a rotary buffer though. Can't wait to use it.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2014, 01:55 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis View Post
I have one but it's still in the box. I also heard great things about it. No real swirls yet, but once they start showing up I'll bust out the porter cable. (Maybe I don't wash my car enough)

This guy has a youtube channel with detailing tutorials using the porter cable. Check out this video at 20:30 where he tries to burn the paint with the orbital polisher and can't do it. Nice demo on how safe it is.
Sounds awesome guys. I was told the same thing about this one particular model porter cable that no matter how hard one tries you can't burn the paint. If you come up close to my car you can see the swirl marks and light scratches into the paint. Not deep scratches but almost like scratches all throughout the paint. Its worse because on my Kona blue color those spider scratches and swirl marks really shows up.

Something tells me I don't wash the car proper which causes some of my issues but truth be known. I've owned my car for 3 years and not once have I even waxed it. I always wash it but never have I used chemicals to remove the oxidation, polish the paint and then seal the paint with a nice protective wax.

I also just ordered a three step detail process by Meguires.

Ultra Compound/Cleaner

Ultra Polish

Ultra Wax

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140221_025134.png
Views:	152
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	148395
Old 02-21-2014, 07:03 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Personally I would used adams products or ammo for paint correction. Portacable was a good choice. Check out Adams video on paint correction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Baldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:21 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Sounds awesome guys. I was told the same thing about this one particular model porter cable that no matter how hard one tries you can't burn the paint. If you come up close to my car you can see the swirl marks and light scratches into the paint. Not deep scratches but almost like scratches all throughout the paint. Its worse because on my Kona blue color those spider scratches and swirl marks really shows up.

Something tells me I don't wash the car proper which causes some of my issues but truth be known. I've owned my car for 3 years and not once have I even waxed it. I always wash it but never have I used chemicals to remove the oxidation, polish the paint and then seal the paint with a nice protective wax.

I also just ordered a three step detail process by Meguires.

Ultra Compound/Cleaner

Ultra Polish

Ultra Wax

Attachment 148395

Meguires makes good stuff. No wax for 3 years? I hate waxing too. Check out Opti-Seal. No rubbing needed, just wipe on like a quick detailer. I can do the whole car in no time. Also if you are getting swirls, I'm sure you already know but be sure to use clean microfiber cloths on the paint. You can even get microfiber towels to dry after washing. Definitely avoid bath towels, they are a good way to get swirls.

Opti-Seal
http://www.optimumcarcare.com/oseal.php
Old 02-21-2014, 09:26 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Nice! That's a great polisher!

Those are really easy to use.

I'm like you, I've got a buffer at my house waiting for me that I haven't used yet. I decided to go with the Dewalt DWP849X, it's a rotary buffer though. Can't wait to use it.

Rotary buffers are pretty awesome (just not in my novice hands) . I'm sure it's a lot faster than the orbital too.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:56 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis View Post

Meguires makes good stuff. No wax for 3 years? I hate waxing too. Check out Opti-Seal. No rubbing needed, just wipe on like a quick detailer. I can do the whole car in no time. Also if you are getting swirls, I'm sure you already know but be sure to use clean microfiber cloths on the paint. You can even get microfiber towels to dry after washing. Definitely avoid bath towels, they are a good way to get swirls.

Opti-Seal
http://www.optimumcarcare.com/oseal.php
I know bro. I'm bad for never yet waxing my love. I do hang my head in shame. I wash it always but its time for a three step detail process. Cleaner, Polish and Wax. Lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing