Getting New Paint!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-08-2014, 01:34 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Getting New Paint!!!

So I am planning on getting my car painted sometime during the summer, but I always like to start researching stuff like this in advance. The car is currently black and I am planning on repainting black, but I have a few questions.
So first, would a paint shop be willing to paint more than just the body, like if I wanted to paint the wheels black? I am still debating on whether to get them painted, because I really dont like the color of plastidip, but I feel like black wheels would look pretty nice. Also, I have the fender hash marks for the new edge mustangs and I was wondering if a paint shop would apply those for me, along with the letter inserts for the back bumber? (Just dont want to look dumb asking them to do something that would seem odd to them or something haha) ill attach a few pictures of my car to give a better idea of what I want to do. Any suggestions are also welcome!! Oh, and if anyone is from southwest VA and knows of a reputable shop that would do this, I am definitely open to suggestions for that as well!
P.S. it looks fine from a far distance, but it needs new paint because the previous owner did not take care of the paint very well and it is oxidized in some spots and the clear coat is coming off in some spots. Also, someone has keyed my car on two different occasions and I can not stand to see that

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1394307075783.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	149999   Click image for larger version

Name:	1394307098830.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	150000  

Name:	1394307139831.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	150002   Click image for larger version

Name:	1394307166984.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	150003  

Name:	1394307219609.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	150004   Click image for larger version

Name:	1394307237339.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	150005  

Name:	1394307259070.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	150006  
black_stang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2014, 01:56 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Keyed not once but twice? When was the last time it happened and where? Did you ever find out who it was? I would hate to spend all that money getting it repainted just to have it happen a third time.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:18 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
Keyed not once but twice? When was the last time it happened and where? Did you ever find out who it was? I would hate to spend all that money getting it repainted just to have it happen a third time.
Yeah, twice. And thats why we are getting it painted in the summer. I am going off to college in the fall. Plus we have cameras on every angle of our house now. Along with getting keyed, the cars at our house have also gotten sugar put in the gas tanks. And someone dumped vinegar in my ventilation system. We still dont know who it is. But we will know if anything happens to any of our vehicles again haha.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2014, 02:24 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_stang96 View Post
Yeah, twice. And thats why we are getting it painted in the summer. I am going off to college in the fall. Plus we have cameras on every angle of our house now. Along with getting keyed, the cars at our house have also gotten sugar put in the gas tanks. And someone dumped vinegar in my ventilation system. We still dont know who it is. But we will know if anything happens to any of our vehicles again haha.

Cameras are great, unfortunately the damage will already have been done and you will still have to figure who it is in the video, find them and get them to pay. And fix whatever new damage happens. It would be better if it didn't happen at all. Hopefully whoever is messing with your house is done.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:16 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Cameras are great, unfortunately the damage will already have been done and you will still have to figure who it is in the video, find them and get them to pay. And fix whatever new damage happens. It would be better if it didn't happen at all. Hopefully whoever is messing with your house is done.
Well thats the point of the cameras, to find who is doing it and make them pay for it, if they decide to do something again. It has been around three months since anything has happened though, so they might be done, or have been scared off by the additional security around the house. We are not assuming that they are done though. We have locking gas caps on all vehicles now and check them every day for any tampering and i check my car regualrly for any new key marks and whatnot, so we will know exactly what times to look for on the camera. Plus, like I said, the car is going to get repainted pretty close to the time when I will be going off to college. The college is about six hours away from my house, so if they want to follow me all the way up there just to vandalize my car.... well, thats determination haha.

Old 03-08-2014, 03:39 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_stang96 View Post
Well thats the point of the cameras, to find who is doing it and make them pay for it, if they decide to do something again. It has been around three months since anything has happened though, so they might be done, or have been scared off by the additional security around the house. We are not assuming that they are done though. We have locking gas caps on all vehicles now and check them every day for any tampering and i check my car regualrly for any new key marks and whatnot, so we will know exactly what times to look for on the camera. Plus, like I said, the car is going to get repainted pretty close to the time when I will be going off to college. The college is about six hours away from my house, so if they want to follow me all the way up there just to vandalize my car.... well, thats determination haha.

Ok. Wasn't clear before that you will be taking the car to school with you.

Three months? Maybe these people don't like going out in cold weather...
Old 03-08-2014, 03:52 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok. Wasn't clear before that you will be taking the car to school with you.

Three months? Maybe these people don't like going out in cold weather...
Haha that could be a real possibility. It has been snowing almost every other week where im at, which is not normal at all for this area. And sorry, I didnt realize I hadn't mentioned that I was taking it to school with me in the first post lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing