Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Scratched my bumper cover, replace or fix?

8K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  ArtU 
#1 · (Edited)
So I scrapped my bumper the other day like a tard. What can I do to fix it without emptying my wallet. I could either order another bumper cover from ford for $250 or I could possibly get some oem touch up paint to try and cover the blemish. Here's a few pics of the damage any input would be much appreciated, thanks. :thumb:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Definitely not worth replacing. Touch up paint will make the damage pretty unnoticeable.

#7 · (Edited)
That's a pretty large surface for using just touch up paint. The results are not going to look good.

Another option is to locate an automotive paint supply store. Use Google to locate one in your area. Most of these paint shops can prepare a spray can for you. They have a small hand held device (plastic or glass) that the paint is poured into, then an aerosol can is screwed onto this device, and you spray the paint on as if it was a spray can.

The results are much better than trying to use a touch up bottle. The cost of the device is more, but it can be reused forever. You only will need to buy cans of aerosol.

The link below is an example of the device I'm refering to. You could buy this, then buy the paint only from a local automotive paint shop:

http://www.amazon.com/Spra-Tool-Aerosol-Spray-Paint-Refill/dp/B003THEUFM

#11 ·
You can touch up forever, your going to see that still when your done. If you want it back to original, your going to need to repaint that whole area, probably the whole bumper to get it right. For the work involved trying to respray that area, you can do the whole thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.