How to properly wax a car? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-17-2014, 03:22 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
R neck 7, what color pads do you use with the PC 7424XP? Just got one and trying to figure out the best combos, ty. And what speeds?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Borla S-Type stingers, BAMA SCT tuner, K & N Typhoon CAI, Classic Design Concepts light bar, MACH 1 chin spoiler, MACH 1000 w JVC Kvw 500 HU, plastidipped hood scoop, wing & Premium GT rims, painted calipers, 3.73 gears, black Bullitt fuel door, MMD hood struts, sub-frame connectors, SVE uca & lca, Power Stop drilled/slotted rotors
Peterzinyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2014, 10:50 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wyoming
I use the Lake Country CCS Orange Pads with the 105 and White with the 205 and Black with Zaino....speeds depend on the Polish your using and paint condition the 105 is a heavy hitter it will take out most the larger scratches with the orange cutting pads I usually run it at 4-5 depending on how bad the paint is, White is a milder cutting pad and the 205 is a milder Polish and will buff out most your fine scratches out with a lower speed such as 2-3, the black pads are non abrasive and work great putting a wax or polymer sealant on..... if you haven't looked into the Simple brand check it out....it's a little pricey but everything I have used from them works flawlessly and I wouldn't go back to anurging else
r_neck7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:54 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Pics! FOUR HOURS of Detailing! Daily Driven with a Show Car Shine w/ Zaino - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums here is exactly what I do and the results are just as flawless except I use two coats of Z-5 with Z-6 in between each coat and finish with a coat of Z-2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2014, 11:03 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Very nice going to be doing my first real detailing on mine soon.
jacobdlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:25 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Just time your time you will be fine the results are definitely work it in the end make sure you tape all your plastic,emblems and rubber seals off so you don't knick them with the pads and create more work for yourself
Old 04-17-2014, 11:27 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Geez I should really reread before I post on here with my phone lol
Old 04-18-2014, 01:31 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Rneck.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Borla S-Type stingers, BAMA SCT tuner, K & N Typhoon CAI, Classic Design Concepts light bar, MACH 1 chin spoiler, MACH 1000 w JVC Kvw 500 HU, plastidipped hood scoop, wing & Premium GT rims, painted calipers, 3.73 gears, black Bullitt fuel door, MMD hood struts, sub-frame connectors, SVE uca & lca, Power Stop drilled/slotted rotors
Old 04-18-2014, 01:38 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

No problem best of luck to ya
Old 04-18-2014, 04:58 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
If you want easy results without spending a lot of time detailing, i would go with croftgate. I used project x and finish it off with quick and slick. Heres a pic after one week of driving. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1397815068.054693.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	709.6 KB
ID:	154357
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:18 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
If you want easy results without spending a lot of time detailing, i would go with croftgate. I used project x and finish it off with quick and slick. Heres a pic after one week of driving. Attachment 154357
CROFTGATE is awesome. I use wash & wax, Project X and I just got the Polish and compound along with the leather care.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:06 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Cassidy and Russ.....your cars look awesome and like you....Croftgate is my only product line up.

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
GTYUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:08 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
My tip for waxing is to use a whole lot less wax then you think you need. You should be able to wax a mustang sized vehicle with about 1 ounce of product, maybe 1.5 ounces. I'm not kidding, it doesn't take much. I've seen people use half a bottle of product before on 1 car, and that is just too much. It ends up getting where its not supposed to be and is always harder to wipe off.

Remember, the layer of wax you are laying down is microns thick. Simply squirting more product onto the paint isn't going to get that layer any thicker. There is some debate whether you can build layer upon layer (think spit shine on a boot), but that doesn't apply to most over the counter products because they usually have some cleaners (even mild ones) in their wax formulations to aid in application. This results in the product removing the first coat as you apply the second. Premium products (I see that Zaino was mentioned above) sometimes advertise layering their products. Then you have products like Opti-Coat, but that's for another day.

My best advise is to just be careful when washing and waxing your car. Use the two bucket method and avoid marring the finish and your car will look new for years to come.
BadCon is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing