Should i paint my rims? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-12-2014, 07:37 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Should i paint my rims?

I got this mustang march 23rd.

I love it but i would love to have black rims on it too.

I am also thinking about putting a yellow stripe or red stripe on it. There is already black stripe with words mustang on the side but you cant even see it unless you really try to look. What idiots at ford decided to put a black strip on a black car.

What do you guys think i should do to it... should i just get the black rims and leave it blacked out.

I remember looking at a website where you could see pictures of different cars that people have moded. You could select any car and see what people did to them.

1800CoolGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2014, 09:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I vote....powder coat yours black or go with new black rims. A yellow stripe does stand out but Hertz rents yellow on black Mustangs with an off-center stripe. I'd stay away from that look.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
texaskilowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:56 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Blacked out is nice but really up to you. Just google black mustang with xxxxx stripes and you can see what others have done and decide for yourself. Nice ride btw
Batdive is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2014, 03:13 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1800CoolGuy View Post
I got this mustang march 23rd.

I love it but i would love to have black rims on it too.

I am also thinking about putting a yellow stripe or red stripe on it. There is already black stripe with words mustang on the side but you cant even see it unless you really try to look. What idiots at ford decided to put a black strip on a black car.

What do you guys think i should do to it... should i just get the black rims and leave it blacked out.

I remember looking at a website where you could see pictures of different cars that people have moded. You could select any car and see what people did to them.

Iv painted mine and I loved them. My suggestion would be to not do all black. Go black with another color around the outside
Luna1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:09 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I have basically the same car as you and I'm going to so tint with the stock rims. The stockers have really grown on me although if you do decide to black them out make sure you either prep them or get them professionally done or else they will peel and eventually look horrible
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:41 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Plasti dip them, that way you can get a good feel for it and if you dont like it then you caan peel it off. But if you do like it you can then go on to actually powdercoat them. Good luck hope you like it!
Current Vehicle: 2012 Black Mustang 3.7 with a k&n 69 typhoon sieries CAI Ford racing Strut tower brace Forgestar f14s on the way 😈 | Past vehicles Ford ranger | 2001 Jeep Wranger | 2007 White v6 mustang |

Lmo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:01 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
I have basically the same car as you and I'm going to so tint with the stock rims. The stockers have really grown on me although if you do decide to black them out make sure you either prep them or get them professionally done or else they will peel and eventually look horrible
Yah i dont think ill be doing them my self.
1800CoolGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing