Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Got a 3D Printer - Got Parts Ideas?

13K views 129 replies 36 participants last post by  RIstang20 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I don't know if you know but I'm a 3D Designer by trade. I got on the bandwagon for 3D Printers (https://www.makerbot.com/) and got one.

Midway doing random fun stuff I thought it would be cool to do stuff for the Stangz!

Have you any ideas where/what would be cool to do?

The prints are actually very smooth and can be sanded/painted to OEM colors etc. (DETAILS!)

Have you got any cool ideas for pieces that I can design and print?

We could have a MustangEvolution line of billet pieces!!

#3 ·
Hahaha dude thats massive. I'm talking about interior trim pieces to start. I mean I could design a bumper cover but that would have to be after people show a need/want for it.

I think people would be much more receptive if we, for example, had a shared steering wheel badge and/or cupholder bezels in OEM colors or something you know?

#7 ·
Maybe textured replacements for the chrome trim around the gauges and vents in the S197?

#9 ·
@SixBanger - Awesome idea! I'll get on it. I think it would be better to do one piece that goes all the way to the dash from the chrome edges by the vent instead of just covers for the chrome surround. What do you think?

@Fully Auto - It's actually pretty big. Maximum build volume is 30 L x 30 W 45 H in cm or 12 L x 12 W x 18H in inches.

Big enough for most things but definitely not a bumper ;)

#11 ·
The design bit is easy I just need to get the sizing right you know?

I'm reading up on producing auto parts a little right now with lots of useful info.

I have an 07 vert so that generation would be the easiest to design. ALTHOUGH I could most likely create models if you guys can send some pictures and dimensions like width and length.

#27 ·
Bullitt parts, naturally... :lol:

The mud flap piece on the front of the skirt, right behind the front wheels, is out of production and EXTREMELY difficult to find on the used market. I wss thinking that a 3D printer could knock one out very quickly. I assume that you would need an intact pair of them, though, correct?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.